1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I had a black rifle stolen out of my trunk..

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by SteelWaiting, Nov 8, 2016.

1. toddbe

toddbe Loaded Pockets

You have to file a "LEGR" form with the California DOJ to get a gun back from a local law enforcement agency.

Google "California DOJ LEGR" for instructions.

SteelWaiting likes this.
  2. mjpgolf1

mjpgolf1 Loaded Pockets

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm actually surprised you would even share this story here. As a responsible gun owner and CCW permit holder I recognize how absolutely irresponsible it is to not only get so drunk you pass out behind the wheel of a car but to have an AR15 in your possession while you made the decision to drink that much. As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't get the rifle back because it's one less irresponsible gun owner out there and one less person to give us responsible gun owners a bad name. Sorry to be harsh but we are all sharing our opinions here and that's mine.

SteelWaiting and tom frost like this.
  3. SteelWaiting

SteelWaiting Loaded Pockets

Well if you have read the posts from before I believe I stated I wouldn't blame the detective if he just decided not to give it back and that I'm gonna have to take it as a lesson learned. I was not behind the wheel of a car I wasn't driving. I just thought that I would share this story in my life to show others that things like this can happen nothing more or less. I don't know I thought it would be an interesting topic to talk about where everybody could put there 2 cents in. And I'm still a gun owner and I still go to the range.. difference is now I don't make a pit stop on the way home. I don't think your being harsh man I appreciate your opinion. Honestly if this event never happened to me and I read a post like this one I would feel the same way too. Cheers

4. SteelWaiting

Copy that. Thank you sir

5. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

The more this thread pops up the more I think something doesn't smell right...

6. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I agree with what you say and from what I've been told by firearm owners here in the UK, such behaviour would result in your certificate being cancelled etc.

7. SteelWaiting