1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I give up. Help me find a new diaper bag with molle

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Rallykid, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rallykid

Rallykid Loaded Pockets

Ok, here is the situation. We had our little bundle of surprise arrive 2 weeks ago. We thought we were done, the universe had other plans. Hooray for new baby and first girl. I need a new diaper bag that will also carry my goodies.

A little background, I use a Maxpedition Malaga for work, it is too big for my needs as a diaper bag. I also have an older style Maxpedition Versipack. Good design with the bottle holder but too small for my needs as my edc has expanded since those days. I need something in between. I don’t care if it is a shoulder bag or a sling bag but I need molle to attach different pouches for different travel needs as I have several Maxpedition pocket organizers and other molle pouches.

The other catch. I like Maxpedition gear, I do not like Maxpedition prices so I am not opposed to going for knockoff brands as it will not see EDC use, only on days when I am home alone with baby and have to go out. Probably once per week. In fact I prefer knockoff and would like to keep it around $50 if possible but I am flexible for the right piece of gear. However I am not trying to break the bank. My boys are 6 and 8 and carry their own gear so this is just for me and baby.

I need it to hold the essentials for her (small changing pad, diapers, wipes, couple of small baby blankets, burp rag, couple of bottles, change of clothes, etc) and for me a couple of my vape mods, 18650 battery box that holds 4 batteries, my iPhone 7 Plus, Gerber multi tool, a 20,000 MAH mophie battery pack and a couple of chargers and cables.

Suggestions are appreciated. You have never let me down EDC Wan Kenobi and brothers and sisters I need you now.

zyntherius likes this.
  2. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

This is my current diaper bag: https://www.mountainsteals.com/product/mystery-ranch-crest-pack_10337092

They have an extra 20% off right now!

I use the stick it for the changing pad, side pockets behind molle for ancillaries, front pocket behind stick it for easy access items like some wipes/binkie/toothing ring/etc and then I added some molle water bottle pouches on both sides for mine and babies bottles. Also the 23L fits a lot of stuff!

Rallykid likes this.
  3. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Loaded Pockets

Here you go. Tacticalbabygear.com

Rallykid likes this.
  4. Rallykid

Rallykid Loaded Pockets

I actually looked at some of their stuff. I was hoping for something a bit cheaper but I see the prices have come down some. I may have to end up going that route if I don’t find something else that fits the need. I really like the idea of being able to add the bulletproof plate as I work in Flint and it may come in handy lol

Mike Smith likes this.
  5. Rallykid

Rallykid Loaded Pockets

Well, we decided to go a completely random route. Since I have the Malaga already we are going to pick up a few more organizers for quick changes and organization and see how it works as I can still carry my necessities and just drop in the baby stuff as needed. I am not sure if I want a sling gator shoulder bag so I am also picking up an LA Police Gear bailout bag to try and then will decide. May end up going with a Sitka clone or something similar if I find I like a sling bag as that way I can just spin the bag to the front to use For diaper changes. Probably I am just a bagaholic and will end up with 3 or 4 more bags anyway lol. However I am making sure all of them can be used for other purposes in the future and if I am not using them they can be setup for the boys EDC and school bags or setup for specific purposes.

However feel free to keep the suggestions coming as I am sure I will be buying more and using the baby as an excuse haha

steeps likes this.
  6. captbrian

captbrian Empty Pockets

Rallykid and steeps like this.
  7. rcrfc

rcrfc Empty Pockets

8. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you added the "bag with molle" to your title. I know we all EDC a lot of different things, but I don't think many of us are keen to share what kind of incontinence briefs we rock on a daily basis.

Although having said that, don't be surprised if a new thread about it pops up.....

"Hey, so what are you rockin' down there bro."
    "Depends"
    "Depends on what? It's not too tactical, is it? Does it come with molle?"
    "Nevermind"

Last edited by RoboSim, Dec 6, 2018
    #8 RoboSim, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  9. =Djé=

=Djé= Empty Pockets

That Movie Guy likes this.
  10. Ghostbear68

Ghostbear68 Loaded Pockets

11. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I just welcomed my first last Friday and have finally gotten to deploy my prized diaper rig! Your bag criteria appears to be a bit different from mine but I figured I'd offer the inspiration just in case.

This is my Recycled Firefighter 24hr bag with rigid molle insert and select Tactical Baby Gear and 5.11 pouches for various accoutrements.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have a Malaga as well and used it for a while. Great bag. Hate the sling strap on it tho. I modified it for a shoulder carry method and it worked great. I learned with that bag, that for my uses, externally attached pouches were a nuisance.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.edcforums.com/threads/demphos-edc-an-ever-developing-condition.134408/&share_tid=134408&share_fid=9229&share_type=t

demPho's EDC (An ever-developing condition)

With the RF 24, everything is inside and nothing is clanging around or hitting things while trying to do everything one handed lol! I'm digging the slick approach. I'm sure you'll be able to dial yours in to your needs. I support the modular approach as well. I tell myself, mainly the wife, that I'll use the bag I already have and just get pouches... That doesn't usually end up being the case lol.

Congrats on the baby girl. She changed my life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#11 demPho, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    That Movie Guy and twin63 like this.