1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I dumped a blade forum

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Wrenched, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrenched

Wrenched Loaded Pockets

I've never seen so much snobbery in that forum. I responded to a post asking about the HK Turmoil OTF and I told him I bought one for $120. He asked wow where ?? I posted a link but they've been OOS for months.

I got an infraction for posting a link not on their vendors list. That's not the only snobbery I've ran into and there was plenty but this was the last straw so I told 'em up yours and logged off for good.

NKlamerus likes this.
  2. theotherroche

theotherroche Loaded Pockets

Contact your Congressman immediately. Someone needs to take action on this outrageous / disturbing / extreme issue!

Gravy, rca2016, sc00ts and 4 others like this.
  3. Wrenched

Wrenched Loaded Pockets

Yeah that'll fix 'em. :p

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Let's not talk bad about other forums or their policies. However they decide to do things in their house is up to them, just as some members may not like all the rules here.

Let's be respectful of other forums and leave what Sal Glesser called "shiny footprints". :)

Moshe ben David, acs-jw and c99camper like this.
  5. Wrenched

Wrenched Loaded Pockets

Fair enough. I guess I have to find out some are for the "Privileged."

6. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I'll point out that many forums have rules about links, especially to retailers. That's not uncommon and it's not really snobbery, because the relationships between the forum and the businesses helps keep the forum running.

acs-jw and xbanker like this.
  7. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth Loaded Pockets

Rule #14 of this very forum is exactly the same.

8. Wrenched

Wrenched Loaded Pockets

Yeah I missed that one. See ya.

9. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

You failed to follow the rules, and received an infraction. I don't see anything wrong with that, and pretty much believe every forum will do the same (including this). Maybe its time to read/understand the rules? ;) Never heard this definition for snobbery, I must admit though.

I've been on bladeforums for years now, and my experience is nothing but stellar. It certainly has wealth of information and quiet a knowledgeable folk. I'd recommend giving it one more try.

Last edited by choombak, Mar 31, 2016
    Dustin.G likes this.
  10. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I've dumped a major light forum and a gun forum for being pricks.

The light forum I just got tired of being talked down to and being ridiculed if you own anything that doesn't come from their overpriced vendors. The admin and long time members are a close click and if your not in then you are not worthy.

The gun forum was so childish after I logged out and left (without saying a word) I heard from a friend they tried to ban me and the admin started a trash talking thread about me. Even went as far as changing some of the info and how to threads from mine to him being the author.

Last edited by neo71665, Mar 31, 2016
  11. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

These forums are generally free to join and exist for purpose of merchandising the advertiser's offerings. Everybody gets an infraction now and then. I do things knowing that I will get an infraction. I don't care. I just save up for when I really want to be sarcastic! ;)

12. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

I joined a dedicated blade forum and a dedicated flashlight forum and found I didn't enjoy either one. I like a little balance.

13. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

What's really cool is that when we dump a forum, they don't even care that we left. ;)

14. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Hi, all. This thread is now closed. It has been EDCF policy for 10 years not to disparage other forums. We hope that you find plenty of edc things to talk about here in a friendly and inclusive environment, whether the topic is knives, weapons, lights -- whatever! Thank you for your cooperation.

acs-jw, MinistryOfTruth, adnj and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.