1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Husky Mini-Bit Drivers Hint

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by John Frederick, Oct 27, 2006.

1. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

I've noticed from some of the pics posted around here that the Home Depot Husky brand bit drivers are very popular. I've been carrying them around myself for a while because they work great. However, they have one big problem - the handle only stores 3 0f the 4 bits. This leaves you carrying the drivers around with the 4th bit looking for a place to fall out and get lost.
    Here's the simple solution to that. Reach into the back of the handle with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull out the divider inside; it's only press fit in there. This now gives the handle enough room to store all 4 bits and makes the tools shorter and less likely to poke a hole in something. The bits will rattle around more than they did but that's a small price to pay IMO. Also, if you decide you don't like it you can just slip the divider back in.

I hope this is helpful to some of you. :)

2. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

I've got a couple of these and that sharp pointy thing in my bag is a pain. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

-LT

3. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

I look forward to getting my hands on some of these. Especially with this new information.

Thanks,
    Dan

4. mtrunner

mtrunner Empty Pockets

Thanks for the tip...did that to mine and added a thin circle of card board to stop the rattle...works great.