1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hows about the Surefire EB1 Backup for EDC?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by breakingcontact, Dec 30, 2013.

1. moshow9

moshow9 Loaded Pockets

Hmm.. I know I've seen OP on another forum. Anyhow, it depends on what your intended use is. EB1 makes a great backup light if it's intended use will require distance viewing. It throws nicely for it's size...on an aside, would love to see one modded with an XP-E2 emitter. The intense hotspot can make using it up close a little difficult depending on your eyes sensitivity to it.

Surefire E1B or E1L (for extended runtimes) would get my vote, and the all flood focus option of a Lenslight Mini would work too. Maybe check out a Malkoff MDC. They come in CR123/AA flavors and offer a nice combination of flood and throw.

2. breakingcontact

breakingcontact Loaded Pockets

It definitely has a lot of throw and the low setting is greenish. Still like it though and it works well for me. Been trying to buy more lights and knives and less guns. They are cheaper and you get to use them more.

tmedina likes this.
  3. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I have an EB1 of my own ordered now. The love for the light and the comment about the throw led me to believe I may enjoy it more if I had my own and not just ones in shops to hold where I never know how old the battery is. I did love my E1B when I had it, and I really like the Tactical SF tailcap so I might really like the light in spite of the tint and lack of regulation.

4. breakingcontact

breakingcontact Loaded Pockets

I was in a gun store last night and got to looking at lights. Had mine out and a guy pulled out his older model to compare. He really liked mine. So if you liked your older model id imagine you'll like the new one too especially for the good throw in such a small light.

5. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I made sure to order the Tactical switch. I always wished my E1B had the switch that the LX2 had, and now it pretty much does.