1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

how to you carry wearing a suit?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by slowjo, Jan 23, 2010.

1. slowjo

slowjo Empty Pockets

How does everyone carry while wearing a suit? Pocket watches, pens, knives, wallet, money clip, flashlight, keys, do you carry them in your pants or jacket pocket? I am looking for options on how to carry all of my items I may need. Thanks.

2. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I honestly don't know, but I'm interested to find out some of the options. :) :)

3. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

wearing a suit actually helps some. more pockets to distribute your stuff .
    I have my suit/sport jackets tailored for a belt holstered handgun so no worry :luck:

4. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Most of my EDC stuff stay's in the car except for the leathermen, my cell and keys, and my 1911.

I told the taylor I carried my .45 auto all the time when I bought my suits and he told me that he taylors suits for belt carry and shoulder harness carry ALL THE TIME.

Just let them know when you buy the suits. There are tons of feds and detectives out there as well as CCW permit holders. The taylor will just have you put on the gun when he sets up the suit and marks it for tayloring it.

5. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

6. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Easy, I never wear a suit... :knuppel2:

7. wacbzz

wacbzz Loaded Pockets

I wear a suit (or some form of dress pants, tie & coat) every day. Here's what I carry and where...

Left front pants pocket - Spec Ops T.H.E. wallet Jr and a Boker Plus Subcom
    Right front pants pocket - Maratac AAA or AA
    Left coat pocket - cell phone
    Right coat pocket - keychain with a Squirt P4 and an Atwood LH Chigger and an Arc P AAA
    Left shirt pocket - Jetstream pen or Fisher Military pen

And sometimes when the car business gets particularly tough:

Left inside coat pocket - 7 oz GSI flask with some adult beverage :)

I also have on my left wrist a Survival Straps paracord bracelet with shackle and on my right wrist, I wear my Casio Pathfinder. Everyday. All day.

8. molawns

molawns Loaded Pockets

Don't forget about money belts. Chances are, you're gonna be wearing a belt with the suit, anyway...it might as well serve two functions (hold up the pants, carry small EDC items). There's some really nice ones on the market if you look around.

9. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

one thing I've found out, my daily dress is either business casual or suit. Find pants with pocket inside of pockets. Most of my dress pants have a "watch pocket" down inside of the main front pocket, not the normal place for a watch pocket. It's usually deep enough to put a knife in keeping it upright my BB actually fits in most. Use the other half of the interior front pocket for something else (keys, small light...). This keeps you from appearing to have a wad crammed in your pockets I can't stand to have frumpy looking pants if I have to be "dressed up".

During the winter I always wear a long overcoat. Both of my overcoats have 3 interior pockets with buttons on each side. You can fill a good wool overcoat up and still keep an appearance of having nothing.

10. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

Very rarely do I wear a suit, but when it happens I have no problem in distributing my EDC.The inside pockets are an elegant solution to carry my phones, wallet,knives, keys and anything else that's of value.The outside pockets are for paper handkerchiefs or ballpoint pens.Simple.

11. Modesty

Modesty Empty Pockets

if you carry i suggest you sew a small patch of suede into the lining to where you keep your sidearm it better conceals the shape,
    if you carry a briefcase depending on whether there is a small gap between the leather the and the frame you can make a small slit and and can hide a small thin knife, sometimes you have to replace the handles with electric tape but it works nonetheless.

hope it helps

Modesty

12. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Simple, A Shoulder holster ,)

BE WELL .. GH

13. CF

CF Loaded Pockets

My everyday EDC will work with any wardrobe that has 4 pants pockets, so this would include suits.

1. RF: S&W 637 in Uncle Mike's pocket holster

2. LF: One Bianchi speed strip and one Bianchi speed loader

3. LR: Kavu wallet (soon to be replaced by Maxped Urban Wallet): cash, credit, zebra pen, few sheets of paper, change, ID, spare car key

4. RR: Bill's urban wallet: SAK multitool, flashlight, Benchmade McHenry&Williams folder (optional carry: whistle, Kershaw small folder, Wagner Urban Knife)

5. Cell phone: Palm Centro housed in Otterbox riding on belt

6. Hand carry "bag" or left at desk/briefcase/car: easily accessible Max Pocket Organizer: Pen, Kubotan Stylus, tweezers, spare batteries, Streamlight stylus pro, stanley screwdriver, mini sharpie, Gerber shortcut, Kobalt multitool, Gerber EAB, Bic E.3, xtra PDA stylus, nail clippers, extra zebra pen

* NOTE: Depending on the circumstance, situation, or environment, any of the items in #4 RR pocket can be interchanged / replaced with the items in the Max Pocket Organizer

14. JSmith88

JSmith88 Loaded Pockets

I work for my family business and wear a suit everyday I work.

On Right ankle I wear a galco ankle holster with my S&W 442.
    Front left pocket is a speed strip and my Nitecore D10SP
    Front right pocket is my Wallet, soon to be a Saddleback credit card wallet, and my Ti Money Clip from CC
    Back left pocket I carry nothing
    Back right pocket I keep my knife. Depending on the day it is either one of my Benchmade Griptilians or my Benchmade Osbourne Rift
    Inside left Jacket Pocket keeps my day calendar, my Stainless Elite Embassy pen from CC, and my prescription sunglass case
    On my belt I keep a phone case for my Casio GzOne phone.
    Waiting on a new watch, but had been wearing an old Seiko until it got stolen.
    My keys are left on the front office window sill most days and are very simple. Work key, car key, car fob, house key, 2nd home key, Valiant Concept Stainless EDC pen

I keep an HK USP .45 in my desk, and G21SF in my briefcase, and a Mossberg 590A1HB in my office closet.

I sometimes carry a SA TRP 1911 in a Galco Shoulder Holster.

15. CF

CF Loaded Pockets

Nice setup JSmith88. Lately I've been keeping my rear right pocket empty. Today I'm keeping a speed strip there sitting inside a small Uncle Mikes pocket holster .... cuz my butt sweats LOL.

16. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

Suit:

- S&W 442 or Ruger LCP in right front
    - keys, separate EDC ring (Leatherman PS4, whistle, AAA light, Atwood), Sharpie in left front
    - Fenix CR123 light in holster at 4:00
    - Blackberry 9700 in Maxpedition holster (with flap removed) at 8:00
    - wallet, cash

You could always carry one of the smaller Maxpedition EDC organizers or similar.

As with so many EDC issues, it is helpful to carry the smallest item that provides the degree of utility you require. One can get by just fine with a very small light, like a Fenix EO1 or CR123, for example. A small knife, even something as small as a Spyderco Ladybug, will handle 99% of most urban EDC chores. Comfort should factor in there somewhere. JMO.