1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How to trade easily and safely?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Miffilo, Sep 17, 2006.

1. twodogknight

twodogknight Empty Pockets

Re: How to trade easily and safely?

@Parnass-

Gotcha. I guess that makes sense. At least that way a perspective buyer/seller can investigate me(or whoeva) and see what my level of reliability/consistency is? And to keep out the purely profit-oriented? I'm surprised i haven't seen rules like this on other forums. Thanks for the clarification-

TDK

2. h8mtv

h8mtv Empty Pockets

I have done alot of horse trading online. Mostly on ar15.com and theakforum.net, some pretty high end items. Most folks are honest and those who do not have feedback will generally ship first if you have alot of good feedback.

3. johngunguy

johngunguy Empty Pockets

I have been successful in my trades and haven't been burned yet. Some forums have feedback sections on members sales/trades and that is a good place to check up on your trade buddy. I always state in my trades/sales that the deal isn't final until all parties are satisfied. That way should the party on the other end not like my item I will happly return his to him. Haven't gone wrong yet.

Take care and enjoy making long distance deals.

waiting to get the new toy is the hardest part.

John

4. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

I have never had a problem. A couple of shipping issues here and there, but nothing that couldn't be worked through.

I usually try and PM the person to get a sense for them, as well as check their posts on the forum. I think the biggest issue for me has been trying to fully document something I have, with knives it is even harder as from different angles you see different things. It is always good to fully document, because you never know if your talking to a user or a collector. I try to avoid using words like "mint" because knives such as Striders are never really "mint" they are created for a purpose and might not have the candy coat on them. :laugh:

My carrier of choice has been USPS and so far so good.

5. whitefeather010

whitefeather010 Loaded Pockets

As a new member and not yet able to view the buy,sell,trade section, I was wondering if there was a lot of stuff on it. I hope to one day soon be able to view it. Looking forward to many excellent transactions with you all.

6. chute43

chute43 Loaded Pockets

And remember especially to get the delivery confirmation with USPS. If paypal has to get involved to solve an issue the delivery confirmation will help your case. Again most people are good people, just check for feedback. Plus when I sell my stuff on here I usually will include my phone number in a email to give a little feeling of security incase something goes wrong.

kary

7. craigstuart

craigstuart Empty Pockets

paypal's fairly safe.
    chargeback / dispute if you don't receive an item.

8. Techna

Techna Empty Pockets

I too have had good luck with paypal. Over 800 transactions through them it it has been pretty smooth. Also, I have shipped hundreds of packages through USPS Priority Mail and have been very lucky there.

9. kaotick

kaotick BST/Marketplace ban

A lot of good information in here.

10. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I don't give a Telephone number, but I always offer a clear picture of the receipt & or Money as proof...