1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How To: Resize Photos Using Windows XP

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Lunal_Tic, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

samson722,

You are correct, the max size on the forums is 640x480 but you can use a photo sharing service like ImageShack and post thumbnails that will link to much bigger photos. It'll also help with the speed of the page loading, being smaller. As for photoshop, it's a great tool I use it work and home but I still use this method for quick and dirty resizing since it's default size in small is the size we like here and I can batch resize and I can resize a bunch of pix before Photoshop even loads.

-LT

2. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

Yeah, LT, I have to agree...Photoshop is a great tool (especially since I got CS2 Premium), but it does take a while to do even the simple stuff that could be better managed by smaller programs or hosting services. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Samson

3. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

Lunal -

Thanks for the tip. Thats one of the most useful things I've seen in a long time. I resize a bunch of pics - for emailing, uploading to photobucket, etc. - and heretofore have had to resize using MS Paint. This is a cumbersome process, so your resizer tip is very helpful to me.

yo

4. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

This is definitely one of my favorite Power Toys, saves me a ton of time.
    -LT

5. MSaxatilus

MSaxatilus Empty Pockets

That works awesome! Thank so much for pointing that tool out and the detailed instructions!!

MSax

6. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Glad to help. ;D It's one of my most often used tricks and I'm dreading the switch to Vista that will probably have me learning something entirely new if it can do it at all. :green:

-LT

7. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

Sadly I got windows vista, haven't quite figured it out yet??

8. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Yep that's a pain. They are supposedly working on PowerToys for Vista but I don't think it's even made it to Beta yet. I'll poke around and see what I can find that might work easily for Vista. I don't know what photo editing software you use but I've read that Gimp is supposed to be pretty good and it's free.

-LT

9. wildcrafter

wildcrafter Empty Pockets

That friggin rocks! :D Much better than the old way I was resizing my pics. Thanks Lunal!! O0

10. Doug

Doug Empty Pockets

As one of the newest of the newbies on EDC, I was lead here for the express purpose of learning how to re-size a pic. This was too easy. Thanks..... :D

P.S. ...and I already see I'll be spending lots of time on this new 'bookmarked' site.

11. Titus117

Titus117 Empty Pockets

The program I use is called VSO Image Resizer. It's free and on the internet, works great for me, allows you to resize originals or make resized copies, as well as designate an output place, and lets you save unusual sizes under a name and use it later.

:luck:

12. Button

Button Empty Pockets

Thank for the help with photos

13. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I use Paint.NET. I've used Photoshop, but for simple things like resizing and cropping pictures, Paint.NET handles most of it, and it's free. Should work on Windows Vista too.

14. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

Please consider those of us who live in the sticks and are still on dial up. There are a lot of oversize pictures lately that larger than the forum dimensions but are displayed (probably using html) down to 640 by 480. They still have the same file size though and take forever to load.