1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

how to post picture from my downloads?

Discussion in 'FAQs + How To' started by edd666666, Apr 27, 2016.

1. edd666666

edd666666 Loaded Pockets

How do I post a picture from my computer? Thanks, Ed

2. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

@edd666666
    • First, you must create an account with one of the many free image-hosting sites (Imgur, Photobucket, Flckr, Dropbox etc).
    • Upload photos from your device -- smartphone, tablet, laptop etc. -- to your image-hosting account.
    • Each uploaded photo will have unique image links used to include photo in your EDCF post (screengrab from Imgur account)
    IMGURHOSTING2.jpg
    • Prepare text portion of your new post.
    • Then, include your photo(s) by clicking INSERT/EDIT IMAGE button on post-pane toolbar (see screengrab).
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    • This box displays.
    ggggggggggggggggggg.jpg
    • COPY photo's "share" link from hosting site, then PASTE into INSERT IMAGE box; click INSERT.
    • photo will display in your post-pane.
    For more help with photo posting, look at the "sticky threads" at page-top, FAQs + How To.

Last edited by xbanker, Apr 28, 2016
    Nick4305 likes this.
  3. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Additional information:
    Please resize your pictures! This can be done on your devise (smartphone, tablet, laptop etc.) BEFORE uploading the picture to the image-hosting site or a lot of image-hoster have functions to resize the pictures automatic.
    A picture 3200x2400 pixel with a big file size is not needed and disturbing, especially on mobile devises. I prefer 800x600 pixel and a small file size.

xbanker likes this.
  4. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Thank you for mentioning this too-often overlooked piece of photo-posting. After my recent Windows 10 install (as one option), discovered right-click on JPG file name presents a "Resize pictures" option. When selected, this pops-up:

resize1.jpg

Doesn't get any easier than this.

Comparison of results.

Original photo from camera. 6000 x 4000. Resized to 1620 x 1080 prior to upload/posting. Xenforo does some downsizing automatically, but not enough IMO. XF downsized from 1620 x 1080, to 1440 x 960.

Workshop1 (Large).jpg

Here's same photo, resized by me, using "mobile" setting, 320 x 480. Still quite acceptable for most photos.

Workshop1 (Mobile).jpg

Nick4305 likes this.
  5. Nick4305
    • The Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wow xbanker,
    that's the cleanest and best organized "man-cave" (i call so mine) i ever seen ! :)
    Sorry for the derailment...

xbanker likes this.
  6. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Aw shucks! This new house (six months). Finally got my "shop" where I want it. In mid-project, so right now, today, it's a shambles. I'd be embarrassed to post photo. :)

Nick4305 likes this.
  7. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

I don´t know if it´s the right place to post it, but what I use and what I really like for resizing my pictures is the freeware tool JPGCompressor from nSonic. Once the settings are made and saved it resizes the pictures and can create nice borders, add a copyright mark or another sign, rename all pictures or add a counter to the filename by just one click. Single file or batch processing. Example:

[​IMG]

It comes in German and English language and some additional translations are available, Spanish, French, Russian and Italian.

PS: I need a "man-cave" ;)

xbanker and Nick4305 like this.
  8. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Absolutely, it's all relevant to OP's question. :) Scaling/resizing photos good habit to get into, especially with heavy/increased use of mobile devices to access forum. All part of "How to post pictures?"

Thanks too for sharing software.

Fly me to Germany. I'll get you set-up.

Nick4305 likes this.