1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How to keep a P51 closed?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by epicelite, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ERCCRE456

ERCCRE456 Loaded Pockets

Is there anywhere where I can get 1/2 heat shrink other than online? I might try Racio Shack but they might not have any in that size.

2. Rpuppet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

Most hardware stores will carry it in the electronic supply section. I picked some up at Home Depot a couple months ago.

3. Mcameron

Mcameron Loaded Pockets

now I dont own one of these....but assuming theyre steel it means theyre magnetic.....so ide imagine one of those little button cell neodymium magnets would work perfectly.

4. rix

rix Loaded Pockets

Wrap it with dental floss, then use heat shrink. The floss will come in handy....

5. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

my model is magnetic so i use a magnet. 12mm diameter was too strong it kept pulling other stuff also into it, so i swapped to 8mm. (but i dont edc it..its in my travel kit)

i do like the inner tube idea as rattle silencer too. (also i can see it to be made into a possible slingshot pouch)

also i thought about re-usable small zipties.. (trying to choose items that can have alternative use as is.)

rubber band instead of o-ring is more versatile in my mind but oring is more solid built and not as bulky.

small amount of metal wire to tie it down could come handy if you need a strip of wire. (not useful if you need the p51 all the time. a pain to remove)

again i like to think for evey item to have a purpose. (i think i will swap my magnet to the reusable zipties)

6. gadgetjunky

gadgetjunky Loaded Pockets

I just wrap a short piece of black electrical tape around mine. It keeps it closed that having a inch or two of electrical tape on my keyring has been amazingly handy a couple times!