1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How to edc a keyboard

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by GQkudzu, Mar 19, 2014.

1. nyckmc

nyckmc Loaded Pockets

The apple blue tooth keyboard is actually pretty portable.
    Had one from a machine that died, but eBay has plenty deeply discounted.
    There are also knockoffs on eBay as well.

Fits in a Home Depot husky 2.99 document case. Used that with a tablet for over a year for anytime I had to do more then a few sentences of email.

C.Boland93 likes this.
  2. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

My iPad case, the ClamCase Pro, comes with a keyboard. :). I know the OP has a Fire but if anyone is looking for an iPad case I'm absolutely loving this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tracy Reed

Tracy Reed Empty Pockets

I like either a Happy Hacker Keyboard or a nice 60% mechanical keyboard like my KBT Pure or my Poker II. They type great, are small, and are rugged. A soft cloth drawstring pouch would be the perfect carry for it. I don't currently EDC a keyboard but I've been thinking about it for quite a while. I'm into infosec for a living and can be called upon to login to a box at any time. I usually have my laptop with me but just in case it might be nice to be able to connect a keyboard to my Galaxy S4 (soon to be a Note, possibly) in case my laptop is either not present or dead or I can't find wifi and have to use 4G on my phone.

4. Tracy Reed

Tracy Reed Empty Pockets

Also be sure to check out /r/MechanicalKeyboards/ on reddit if you are into keyboards.

5. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

I would recommend you keep your S4 and get a 7 or 8 inch tablet to compliment it, (I have a Samsung GS4 and recently brought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7").

You can set up the WiFi tethering (if allowed by your carrier) to allow the tablet to use the wireless data connection.

It will be far easier for you to work on the larger screen.

Tracy Reed likes this.
  6. weylan

weylan Loaded Pockets

But the OP is looking for a good way to carry the keyboard.

I use a apple portable keyboard with the iPad and iPhone for texting and writing messages. Because the touch screen just isn't good enough for long emails and writing.

So yes a keyboard case of some sorest would be a great idea.

I sometimes use a 10 inch tablet neoprene tablet case for the keyboard I use. MIT is not ideal, but it works. Looking for better ideas...

Weylan tt