1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How to carry id/cards

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. I use a wallet case for my phone but would like to separate them out now. I don't ever carry cash but I do carry my driver's license, pistol permit and a debit card. I'd maybe even like to carry a credit card and insurance card. What is the slimmest option? I don't want to carry a wallet, I'm a minimalist. Not to the point of using a rubberband, I like my gadgets, but not thick like a wallet lol.

2. Badillac

Badillac Loaded Pockets

Ridge wallet?? Get one of the knockoffs from amazon to see if you like that style and save some money. Recycled firefighter, magpul daka are other options.

BC42 likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Certain days, when I'm wearing a suit and going to synagogue for example, I don't want a bulky wallet in my pocket. You can find any number of slim and trim leather card cases that will do the trick. Mine has two slim card slots on each side and a middle pocket that will hold a couple of bills of currency. Overall dimensions are about the length of a credit card albeit taller to accept the two card slots 'stacked' on each side.

Here's an example from Amazon; I think I actually bought mine at a luggage shop in a local mall; maybe $25 or less? Don't remember.

If you go to this page of search results on Amazon you'll find a wide range of choices! https://www.amazon.com/s?k=men's+slim+leather+wallet+small+billfold&lo=visual_grid&page=5&qid=1564378394&ref=sr_pg_4

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

#3 Moshe ben David, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    garza likes this.
  4. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

Take a look at recycledfirefighter?

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

5. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I kind of like the looks of Anti-Wallet and the related holster that could help you organize some other small items. Granted, I carry too much to use it personally, but it's a nice concept.

Nick4305 likes this.
  6. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

You have several options for minimalist wallets depending on what material and style you like best. My favorite is the Saddleback Front Pocket ID wallet.

There are also several options by:
    Dash wallets
    Shamrock wallets
    Elephant Wallets

garza likes this.
  7. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

I think I'd like a less expensive titanium credit card holder. Any recommendations? I see they range from 100-200 as far as I can find. Anything cheaper?

8. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

garza likes this.
  9. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I use a business card holder. It holds 10ish credit card sized cards at a push. Might work well for you

10. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

I was in the same boat. I wanted something much smaller than my bi-fold wallet. I came across the Ridge wallet and it looked good but wasn't sure if I'd like it so I picked up a clone/copy on Amazon for $10 to try out. It's been a few months and I've gotten used to pulling cards out of it and works well for my needs so I'll get a Ridge when this one falls apart.

11. DGladden

DGladden Empty Pockets

Check out the Magpul DAKA line. I have the Essential and Micro. The Micro is a simple sleeve that will hold 4-5 cards comfortably. The Essential has a single slot on one side and two slots on the opposite side and can hold 7-9 cards reasonably well. The Micro is as thin as it gets, but the Essential is only as thick as a credit card when empty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jag-engr likes this.
  12. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

How long have you had your Magpul wallets? I have seen some reviewers complain that the material stretched out and frayed over time.