1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How quickly do you go through your cell phone battery?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by mdnitedrftr, Aug 27, 2017.

1. mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr Loaded Pockets

I've noticed that my cell phone (Galaxy S5) seems to last longer than most. I guess I don't use it as much as others?

Recharge every night, answer a few calls and texts throughout the day, stream Sirius during work, surf the internet at lunch, play music during my workouts, and at the end of the day I still have 20%+ battery life.

I carry a spare battery bank and charger just in case, but have never needed to use them...except one time when my flight was delayed for several hours and had nothing to do but surf youtube.

How quickly do you go through your cell phone battery?

2. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I'm still using the S4, rechargeable it most nights via a battery pack that cuts out once a device is fully charged. General the phones battery does last me all day unless I spend hours watching videos.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'm usually good for 2~3 days. But keep in mind I'm still using a 'dumb' phone! An LG Revere flip phone. Just do calls, voicemail, some texts both in and out.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Motorola Moto G. Charge it every night. Half dozen texts a day, browse forums on my breaks at work, take the odd picture. I can get 3 days out of a charge if I wanted. I generally put it on vibrate and toss it in a corner somewhere when I get home from work and then forget about it until bed time when I set my alarm.

On weekends, I'm lucky if I can even remember where the stupid thing is. I have a tendency to get irrationally pissed off when my phone rings or I get a text when I'm at home. I have no idea why that is. LOL

5. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Does the phone have an 'Airplane' mode? You'll not be disturbed then and you'll save a bit on the battery too.

6. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

My phone is silent unless the text is from my, immediate family or other individual deemed important enough to have a vibrate/ring. My iPhone will last the entire day with about 30% left when I charge the phone overnight. On vacations and business trips to a new city, the phone will usually not last the entire day since the GPS is being used. I have 2 battery banks to keep the phone running.

Last edited by garza, Wednesday at 7:04 AM
    #6 garza, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:04 AM
    mdnitedrftr likes this.
  7. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

I also have a Moto G. Actually I have 2 of them. I have an original Moto G and that thing had great battery life for me. I didn't do a lot with my phone and it would last a week or more just being on and not doing much with it. When I began to use it more, I'd still get 3 days or more out of it. I'm not a heavy phone user, to say the least. I prefer my desktop to a phone any day. I switched out to a Moto G4 at Christmas. It has a much bigger battery but the battery life isn't any better and I don't do much more than I did with the older one. There is no way even doing nothing with the phone that it would get nearly the battery life of the old phone and it's basically 1000 mAh larger on the battery. I like the phone and I'm satisfied with it overall. It does everything I want and need but the battery life hasn't been what I expected. Even saying that, I usually get around 3 days or a bit more on a charge.

8. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Several hours at best.

I don't own a computer, so I do all my emails, web browser, and pay bills on this thing.

If I'm traveling, it'll go a few days with the power saving mode.

Samsung s7.

Why I have about three 20,000 mah batteries sitting around, 1 in my car.

9. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Yeah it does. I usually just turn the phone completely off when I remember or after it's rung once. Even better for battery life. :D

10. Gandalf

Gandalf Loaded Pockets

iPhone 6s, first one recalled with battery issues, next 3 same problem, most recent holds charge for 2 days.

11. caninesapien

caninesapien Loaded Pockets

iPhone 6S here - lucky if it lasts a whole day. I do use my phone a lot (mostly for wikipedia, Kindle, sometimes Spotify) but it loses charge FAST! Facebook seems to be the worst culprit for stealing battery life. I would get rid of the app but it's so useful for keeping in touch with family, friends, groups etc that don't want to migrate to WhatsApp or something similar!

12. dhw46725

dhw46725 Loaded Pockets

Samsung Galaxy S5 here. If I do t use it the battery will last around 2 days but that has only happened once or twice in the year I've had it. I run iHeart radio all day at work and check news, FB, etc off n on through out the day and use a couple of math apps at work too. Battery will last about 5 hours of normal use.

I do have an Anker battery though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

13. Maave

Maave Loaded Pockets

Guess I don't use my phone that much. I get home with 40%-50% remaining. I used to heavily tweak for battery life (black theme on AMOLED screen, wakelocks, greenify, underclock) and get 3 days out of it.

14. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Since installing KAMI 2 (a game that seems to use more than even watching video), I go from 90% to 10% in about 45 minutes. but clearly that is an anomaly.

It really does depend on the day and the amount of data you use, how many background apps you have running, how many phone calls you make and how good your signal is. In one room in my house the phone keeps changing between masts; each time it does this it uses a load of power, and can run down very fast.

Some days I use 20% all day, others I charge it once or twice.

One + two