1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How much does a newbie spend on keychain gadgets?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by bryan123, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Hi, So far over the past 6 weeks or so these are the purchases I have made in order to try to to improve my EDC keychain and on-person system:

12 S-biner microlocks...wanted to have some spares $18. Got a good deal on clearance at REI, they came packaged with the carabiner.

2 6" aricraft cable rings $4

some split rings in assorted sizes $4

SAK Classic at Walmart $11 (good deal I think)

3 assorted Doohickeys $15

pill fob $4

Photon 2 mini flashlight $7

Fenix E05 $21

Whistle $8

P7 2-pack $20

FreeKey ring $4

Total $126.

I'm still trying to figure out which items I want to my keychain and which ones I want in jacket pocket, backpack, etc.

I'm still looking for a recommendation for the best keychain lens cloth pouch.

Thanks

2. Linwood

Linwood Loaded Pockets

I've got 300 bucks on my keychain atm........................

I'd think a lens pouch would be more of a wallet item; but have you looked at the "Matador Droplet" while not a lens cloth pouch per se it would accommodate one pretty easily... while I don't own one I would imagine you might be able to fit a cloth in there along with the bag it's designed to hold thus giving you another use!

3. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I'm the opposite. I only carry a small tool, light and clip with my car key. I prefer to keep EDC items (lense cloth, folder, etc.) in my pocket or a bag.

4. Alex-

Alex- Empty Pockets

I've spent about 200 dollars on things meant for the key chain, right now I only have a Kingston DTSE9H and an Alox Classic on there - and I'm thinking about removing the Classic, meaning the only thing I'll keep in the end is a five dollar USB stick ;)

To be fair though, I'm carrying most of the stuff around with me, it's just easier to keep it in the bag than in my pockets. I think most Americans don't really realise quite how tight our trousers are here in Europe ;)

adnj likes this.
  5. Koogan

Koogan Loaded Pockets

I have a classic alox (19€), a quattro screwdriver (1.5€), a no brand flashlight (2€), a 16Gb flashdrive(12€) and I'm waiting for an incharge cable that will go there too (about 12€). Total 46€ / $50

6. bj warkentin

bj warkentin Loaded Pockets

It is not how much money you are carrying around on the keychain/in your pockets at this moment.... It is going over to the dark side and becoming enamoured with edc and keychain and pocket gadgets. I have been questing for the perfect setup for probably 35 years and I really don't want to think how much I have spend, as it might upset nameless others (who don't seem to understand the seemingly never ending stream of small packages coming from amazon, ebay, and various weird places around the world).

7. Linwood

Linwood Loaded Pockets

Oh Great...... I've only been at this about a year... I've got another 34 to look forward to!!!! I'm gonna need a few more storage bins I take it.

8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Too much... then trit'ed flashlights... custom knives.... feel guilty and buy some douk douks/ opinels/moras....
    Then ...it gets spendy. EDC evolution. I've seen it a 1,000 times. hahahhaa

9. Airborne 1

Airborne 1 Loaded Pockets

If your any thing like the rest of us, you will spend to Much !(Ask my wife !!)

2 Panther