1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Much Do You Really Use "Everyday"

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by chrisemt, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

So I don't necessarily buy in to the thought that you need to use something every day for it to qualify as every day carry. For me it is more of a "what do I not want to be caught without" kind of a thing. Out of everything that I carry, I probably only use my watch, keys, and phone on a daily basis, but the other items are so useful that I can justify the space/weight/upkeep associated with them, even if their use is less often, or even once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Lately...

Pocket notebook and pen/pencil

Flashlight...always for something, usually during daylight hours or as a nightlight when I get up in the middle of the night.

SAK most days, but probably not all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad Company likes this.
  3. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Just reflecting on this again after a weekend camping. My daily carry which was used daily included: knife, flashlight, keys, iphone, wallet, notebook and pen. Threw a 4” adjustable wrench in my pocket for a bike ride and used it three different times to adjust wifed bike seat. That being said, when I got home I broke out my full set of tools to modify the seat and frame to lower it more. Could not make those changes in the field with my edc, but the edc got me by til I could get home. Thats sort of how my daily carry goes as well. They get me through hiccups of the day til I can get to other options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dmattaponi likes this.
  4. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Yes, I absolutely agree with you.
    By far, I daily use a pen and flashlight far more than any other edc items.

dmattaponi likes this.
  5. keycutter

keycutter Loaded Pockets

Every day at least once I use a flashlight. Same goes for a pen. I use the toothpick from my sak everyday as well for its intended purpose. I use a pocket knife close to every day but unlike the items already mentioned there are days that it isn’t needed. I live in a city in an apartment and am a gig delivery driver currently. The reason I added where I live and my job is that I’ve found those to be obvious factors for what we are discussing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

variable, Bad Company and dmattaponi like this.