1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Much Do You Really Use "Everyday"

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by chrisemt, Jul 10, 2010.

1. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

My fak is my most used part of my EDC. Probably cause I work in a metal fab plant.

revisions likes this.
  2. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Flashlight: I use it during early morning potty breaks and night time dog potty breaks. I used it today to look at the innards an old pocket watch my dad gave me.
    Chapstick: Used 24/7/365!
    Wallet: In my back right pocket every day. Used it today to access my debit card and buy beer.
    Cash: I have had that 20 in my pocket for forever! Sooo I never use it!:D
    Sage1: I my pocket knives every day! Today I cut up the box my beer came in. I also cut a tag off a shirt, cleaned some crud from my finger nails and used on my chicken dinner.
    Watch: I use my watch all the time. I do swap it out for a G-shock when I run.
    Keychain: I use my keys every day. My S-biner is clipped to a belt loop but I do open the occasional beer with it. I used my shard last week to adjust desk legs in my wife's classroom. Pen I use mostly on grocery day or when I write something on my hand real quick.
    DFK Ti Backpacker: I've continued to wear this out of habit but I rarely really use it these last few weeks. I did cut some card board a few days ago.
    iPhone: Used all day everyday! Words with friends champion!!!! Plus wife calls.:rolleyes_revamped:
    Wedding ring: Keeps the babes at bay!:cool:

3. marcclarke

marcclarke Loaded Pockets

I use every implement on my Victorinox Classic every day.

GeneralGlenn likes this.
  4. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I'm nursing a back injury at the moment, so there are a few things that aren't normal edc that I use several times a day (TENS device, pain killers). A lot of the stuff is for emergencies (trauma kit, boo boo kit, survival kit) and backups or bigger versions (battery pack, fixed blade knife, bigger flash light, pens).

The bag is a lot bigger than it needs to be. I just can't carry a satchel anymore, and I'm not yet sold on tiny backpacks with less unused space...because occasionally there are bigger things I need that aren't edc.

GeneralGlenn likes this.
  5. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

Monday - Friday is use EDC items on my person just about every day including light, multi-tool, knife and USB drive. Its job driven so that has a lot to do with it. The exception would be my handgun of course. I made a bad choice in life if I am having to use it every day.

Some Items in my EDC bag are used Mon-Fri, again job driven. Laptop, chargers, and tools get used a lot. Then you have things like first aid kits and rain gear that are there just in case.

Its rare things get used on the weekend. I don't carry my EDC bag with me on weekends and many times I will leave the flashlight and multi-tool at home (I have spares in the car if I really need them).

GeneralGlenn likes this.
  6. Gray29

Gray29 Loaded Pockets

I use my LM Juice, EPLI, iphone and wristwatch everyday. My dedicated knife and LM Brewzer almost everyday. My IFAK and bandana rarely. And my handgun never, except for the range, hopefully it will remain that way.

GeneralGlenn likes this.
  7. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use my knife and flashlight every single day or night...Sometimes i'll just kick it around the house with those two basics.

A lot of other stuff (pry bar, MT, lighter, sliver grippers, etc) just comes in handy 3/4 times a week.

GeneralGlenn and Gallows like this.
  8. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I guess it's a fate thing for me.

Literally every time I think (enh, I won't need the bag), I do. It's always something that I could have fit in my pockets or hand-carried, but it's usually something different from the last time.

GeneralGlenn, ManVsLawn and Gallows like this.
  9. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

What I use every single day is on my person. Phone, keys, wallet, watch, sunglasses, and gun (piece of mind use only so far thankfully). Flashlight and knife get carried a lot but sometimes even those get left behind if I feel I won't need them.

My bag is for other things that either I use often enough (at least once a week), there for convenience factor, or there for emergencies (ex. tourniquet). I use the term EDC bag because I do in fact use/carry it most everyday, but that's more of a reflection that I work most days. I do not carry my bag on a trip to Walmart or going to a restaurant, etc. Obviously if I specifically need something then I'll carry my bag to hold it, but I also generally keep my bag with me if I'm going anywhere for an extended period of time (day on the beach, staying at a friends house, road trip, etc). Out of my bag my most used item is probably my phone charger which does get used daily.

GeneralGlenn, Gallows and ManVsLawn like this.
  10. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

DAILY

One or more implements on my Swiss Army Knife gets used daily (whether it be the knife, scissors, toothpick, screwdriver, etc.).

My flashlight gets used daily for something or other.

My cell phone gets used throughout the day.

Pen gets used throughout the day, daily

Unfortunately nowadays I have to use reading glasses to read, so I've added those to my EDC. I recently purchased a pair that folds up and fits in a nice protective case. I use those throughout the day, every day.

OFTEN

While at home I often find myself looking for a match to light a candle, incense stick, charcoal grill, fireplaces, outdoor firepit etc. For this reason I've often tried to carry a Zippo or a peanut lighter, but I've found those to not be the most convenient or easy for say lighting a candle, grill, or fireplace. So recently I've tried to carry good old fashioned large stick kitchen matches, and although I don't always use them daily, I need them often enough that having some in my pocket is handy.

Nowadays we call these things EDC (and contemplate them and discuss them in Internet forums), but for generations men carried things without giving them a moments thought beyond the fact of using them for the realities of life as part of their daily existence.

Last edited by dmattaponi, Jul 24, 2015
  11. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

bull_paqqy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Pen, flashlight, and blade everyday. I have all but stopped carrying a large folder. A SAK has been filling that spot nicely. Oh and the edc item that started it all. A handkerchief. The kids are older, so I don't have to wipe their "snot lockers" but I still seem to use it daily for something or other.

Last edited by bull_paqqy, Jul 24, 2015
  12. Ben Rubinstein

Word.

GeneralGlenn, Gallows and dmattaponi like this.
  13. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

My most used EDC item is of course my smartphone. Second to that probably my watch then flashlight. The shirt pocket pen (which is never really my chief writing instrument) is probably tied with my pocket knife.

The most OVERused EDC item is my poor debit card.

14. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

Apple Watch and iPhone, all day long.
    My SAK is almost used daily. Opening mail, boxes etc.
    USB and pen a little less now, having three weeks summer break.
    SecrID wallet. Everytime I have to pay for something.

15. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

My EDC:

Micra, every day.
    Rebar*, almost every day.
    ball point pen (don't care which), every day.
    Photon Freedom micro light, every day.
    Leatherman Serac S2 flashlight, every day.
    note paper, every day.
    Timex Expedition wrist watch I paid $13 for 10 years ago, every day.
    pocket magnifier, sometimes.
    wallet and contents, almost every day.
    my dad's money clip with bills stuffed in it, sometimes.
    microfiber lens wipe, every day.
    bifocal reading glasses, every day.

That's all I carry on an every day basis.

*for now, may change out later.

16. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

double post

GeneralGlenn likes this.
  17. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

A picture of those things I've used at least once today...minus the cell phone which took the picture. Vic Craftsman, Fenix E12. Top center is folding magnifying glass. Checkered case top right holds folding eyeglasses. Metal tube on left is match safe. Stray hairs = German Shepherd that sheds like crazy.
    [​IMG]

18. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

I carry most of these things most days. Exceptions are fairly obvious: I don't take my laptop to the supermarket, I don't take car keys if I am not driving, etc. Frequency reflects how much I use them.

Every day:
    - iPhone
    - iPad
    - Fitbit
    - Laptop

Most days:
    - Watch
    - House Keys
    - Pen
    - Pencil
    - Moleskine notebook & calendar
    - charger cables
    - wallet & contents

Every other day:
    - Niteize Doohickey
    - Gerber Dime
    - Car keys

Every week:
    - Tweezers
    - Portable backup drive

Every month:
    - USB stick
    - Camera (not phone)
    - card-reader
    - passport (required where I live)

Every quarter:
    - flashlight

Last edited by T Shrapnel-Carruthers, Jul 24, 2015
  19. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Well my edc bag is just for work.
    my off days, i only bring what I need for the day, unless I'm hikin or going to the beach.

GeneralGlenn likes this.
  20. Ben Rubinstein

It's actually an interesting question. How comfortable are you going out (short drive or whatever) without your EDC bag? i.e. is your on body EDC enough to keep you going.

GeneralGlenn likes this.