1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Much Do You Really Use "Everyday"

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by chrisemt, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Every day = wallet, phone, keys, blade, chapstick, flashlight (I work at night)

3-4 times/week = Midnite Manager SAK

Once a week or none = Pill fob (aspirins), Whistle, ResQMe window breaker, seatbelt cutter

2. Smith28

Smith28 Loaded Pockets

Ditto. :) Xcept my 3-4 times a week is my MT - LM Charge

Southpaw1925 likes this.
  3. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Used the awl on my Imperial Scout to make a drain in a battery box that lost it's lid on the trailer I pull.

That was the only "use" of a knife, light or anything else on my person.

4. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I pretty much use my wallet, knife, pen, and phone every day. I've been in the habit of carrying the wallet, knife and pen on my every single day for the past 20 years or so and I don't think I've gone a day without needing these things multiple times during the day. I recently added a flashlight to my absolute must EDC and I wonder how I ever managed without one.

5. RottingxZombie

RottingxZombie Loaded Pockets

on school days I always use my pen, and car/house keys. two days of the week I use my wallet to buy lunch. If I go somewhere on the weekends Ill use my keys again. phone of course is everyday. I very very rarely use my sak classic and I stopped carrying my fenix because I never used it.. maybe my life is just uneventful :p

6. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Today, a work day, I used my usb drive, pen, sak. Flashlight I usually use daily, around the house more than anywhere. Pretty typical. My whistle, lighter, and button compass are for fantasy mostly.

7. gear_queer

gear_queer Loaded Pockets

today at work i used my multitool, flashlight, phone, watch, keys, lockback knife, and gloves. i think come winter that list will double.

8. BlueTrain

BlueTrain Loaded Pockets

I don't actually like carrying a lot of things in my pockets, so usually I just have no more than keys, handkerchief and sometimes coins. Everything else goes somewhere else. I carry a wallet if I'm driving but back and forth to work it is in my bag.

It took a while before I realized and admitted to myself that I had a lot of things I carried around with me, even though they weren't in my pockets. Because I commute by car, I can carry a couple of bags with no particular inconvenience, so I do. One is a lunch bag but there's more in there than lunch. There's a pair of thin leather gloves all the time, except when I'm wearing them. It just happens to be a perfect place to keep them. Today I just added the one additional thing (I think) that I also include when cool weather comes around, which is a tin of skin ointment. My knuckles dry out and crack in cold weather, so I use an ointment, which is "Badger Healing Balm." Works great but is a little greasy and smells medicinal.

I don't literally carry a lot of the things others seem to find so indispensible, probably because so much is available at home and on the job, not counting all that stuff that's in the car. I suppose that's cheating a little but presumably it would be only used to tinker with the car or in the unlikely event I might get stuck somewhere in my car. There's even a blanket in there.

It occurs to me that I am just as likely to get stuck at work as in my car, so maybe I should give some thought to what I ought to have stashed in my cell in the event I get snowed in and don't want to walk up the street to the Holiday Inn. But that wouldn't be EDC stuff.

9. Daz

Daz Loaded Pockets

For me, it isn't the stuff that you find yourself using every day. It's the stuff that isn't inconvenient to carry that you might find yourself using once a week, or such. I definitely don't use a flashlight every day, but if there's a powercut or such, I know I'd rather have it with me than leave it at home.

ac7ss likes this.
  10. BlueTrain

BlueTrain Loaded Pockets

As I read through various threads, I find myself wondering why no one carries a hammer.

ac7ss likes this.
  11. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

I use multi-tool, flashlight and keychain pen every single day, usually multiple times, other stuff occasionally, some things rarely, like my roll of duct tape wrapped around bottom to bottom film cans (but the few times I needed that, Boy, did I need it!:frantic:).

I don't really carry a lot of stuff; no gun, BOB, firestarter or any of that survivalist gear. For one thing, many days I have too much to carry anyway, mostly photo equipment because that's what I do for a living. Other essentials, since I do believe in being prepared, can be stowed in my car, which is usually not far from where I am. As for the rest, there is not enough time left in my life to spend a lot of it preparing for the unlikely. Could be a bad bet, but if so, I'll deal with it.

12. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Daily: My folder (Gonna have to upgrade that one soon.), keychain leatherman, Spork (on work days), pens,
    2-3 days a week: Flashlight, Skeletool, Utility knife, micro USB reader, lighter
    weekly: Paper clip, safety pin (my wife has asked for 2 since I started carrying them last week), Tape.

Hopefully never: G26, Israeli bandage, flint striker, ResQMe tool, AAA battery #6.

The rest is minimal, but there for support.

13. defjus

defjus Loaded Pockets

Smartphone, Victorinox Classic SD, bandana, handkerchief, pen and pencil (Kaweco AL-Sport and Pentel Sharp Kerry ) , and my pocket notebook (actually 3 - weekly agenda, graph and blank - in a leather cover) are used multiple times a day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

14. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

I use 50% of my stuff every single day. 90% gets used at least once a week. The guns/ammo hopefully never get used, but are there because if I need them, then I need them REALLY BAD. If I don't use something in a week's time, I usually ditch it.

15. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Do you?

16. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

I do, found a hammer lying on the grass during a picnic on a beautiful summer day. When I raised it up, a furious storm commenced, complete with enormous thunder, lightning and driving rain but receded when it was lowered. I put an ad in the classified for the owner. No callers yet, but meanwhile I used it to drive a nail for a picture hanger. Still cleaning up the mess in our living room. Not really a good EDC.

KLF, GRH, Fukurai and 2 others like this.
  17. ElectricSun

ElectricSun Banned

This is probably me too. The little multi-screwdriver I can is used to tighten watch band screws, phones, and glasses more often than I thought. The SOG crossgrip is used at least 3-4 times a week. The sewing kit in the pill fob has been used more than a couple times for buttons on shirts and pants and even to make emergency mods to my wife's outfit of the day. My pill case has zyrtec, advil, etc and gets used ALOT! My widgy get used 2-3 times a week for paint cans, opening boxes, and general prying duties. The USB stick is used about 1-2 times a week. The $1.25 in coins seems to be nice for buying water or such when we forget wallets, country store doesn't take debit cards (but gets used once a month MAX!). The diamond file funny enough gets used for all kinds of crap! And the Ti toothpick is used daily.

18. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

To much Avengers my friend.

19. TweezersAndAToothpick

TweezersAndAToothpick Loaded Pockets

SAK/MT: Probably once every few days
    OHO Folder: At LEAST every other day
    Flashlight: Every day

20. Fukurai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

watch: every day
    knife: every day
    torch: every day
    wallet: only if I'm going out, but at least 2-3 times a week
    cell phone: not every day, but often enough
    all the stuff on my keychain: barely, but it's accessible when needed.