1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many watches per day?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by DCBman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Sanity check (for me); how many watches do you generally wear per day? Crazy question, I know, so I'll go first and explain my (possibly demented) logic.

On an average day I will change watches about three times. I have the usual rotation of watches I rotate through for work. Then when I come home I'll usually put on some bullet proof watch for taking care of the animals and chores, plus stuff I have to do around the house/ranch. It's usually something I'm trying (not intentionally) to destroy, or just see how much it can really take. Then, at night, I'll put on a watch with super lumes (like my Citizen) which I can't even feel on my wrist, but stays luminous for what seems like days in complete darkness (seriously).

On a side note, my experience with backlit watches has never really amounted to much. It always seems the backlights just run down the batteries to no end. Hence the high-lume watches at night. I don't have any tritium watches (like a Luminox) so this is how I cope.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to hear what others do.

Mumbojumboo and Moshe ben David like this.
  2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

You are not crazy. I pretty much do the same thing. Choose a watch from the rotation for work. At home, if I am going to do some work where a watch may get banged up, switch to one of a couple of true beaters. Bed time, charge up a watch with long lasting lume and put it under the pillow (sometimes it annoys the wife :)) You got to try a trit watch with T-100 tubes; you will love it.

Mumbojumboo and Moshe ben David like this.
  3. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

II have long dreaded the day when someone would ask this question.

I will wear the same watch for two weeks, and then suddenly for no reason I will change watches three times a day after work. If I'm extended out for a few months it's only the one Watch I took with me.

I'm I going crazy

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  4. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

I would also wear the same main watch for weeks, peppered with others depend on the mood at the moments. Switching out is easy for me since all mines are on winders with correct time (reasonably). Busy day with more than one things going on? Sure I'll stop by the house for a watch change if I can. I also bring 2 watches when traveling. One to rough it and one for elegant pleasures they might arrise.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  5. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

one watch. put it on getting ready, and usually take it off before bed. I would wear it to sleep, but my wife doesn't like the glowing hands at night. Usually my Seamaster, unless I know the day will be mostly chores. then a Luminox or naked wrist. Luminox stays in the open Tactical Wall safe. It's glowing hands along with some glowing night sights make it easy to find in the dark.

313 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  6. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

Somewhere between 1 and 3-4 depending on what I am doing...

A normal workday can include 3-4 watches - I will wear one watch for commuting to work by bike, a smarter one through the day, back to the first one for cycling home, and then usually another one in the evening.
    Today on the other hand has been a Saturday of doing nothing in particular, so I have been wearing the same watch all day...

Ultimately I am fully aware that to most people this is silly - most people I know will happily wear one watch the whole time without caring that a nicer dress watch on a leather band is not suited for cycling, or that the timex digital doesn't really suit a shirt and tie that well. It does make sense to me, and I don't figure I am going particularly overboard with my choices.
    Nobody would think twice about me changing clothes for different activities or having multiple pairs of shoes, and I don't really see this as any different.

I could admit that I may sometimes have a choice of a couple of different watches for each of these situations, but maybe I shouldn't mention that bit.

313 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm not a OCD edc'er. So, one. If I'm going out with the wife or to an event, then I'll put on something nice.

malraux72 likes this.
  8. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

Plus One on One. Unless I just have a new one and then even visiting the dentist calls for a special watch.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  9. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

I'm middle-of-the-road on this thread. At the office during the week I go through a rotation of 20+ watches. I almost never wear the same watch twice in a week. If I'm staying home for the evening I'll switch to a beater digital to handle chores and get slobbered on by the dog. If I'm going somewhere in the evening and changing clothes, I'll probably change the watch, too.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Only one a day. However, I have a buddy who collects watches and wears two a day: one for work and one at home. Here's the 'kicker': he owns so any watches that he rotates the home watch every day, so he has +365 watches. For work he usually wears a humble -- but durable -- 'beater watch', a G-Shock. Go figure.

Gary Gross likes this.
  11. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Generally one unless I'm wearing something nice and decide to do yard work, work in the car, etc. most the time though I just take it off.

12. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

Usually 2 for me. My work watch, an old g shock, which gets taken off when home. For some reason I can't bear wearing a watch at home - never have. If/when going out, I wear one of many, depending on what I'm doing :)

13. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I only wear a watch when I'm going out with friends or casual. Maybe once a week.

14. Jonb74

Jonb74 Loaded Pockets

Usually 1 for 3-4 days at a time. But that can change. For example I started today with a Citizen Eco drive on a leather NATO, but switched to g shock for the gym.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

1, Im not a psycho.
    Sure there are rare days where I MAY wear two in one day (wedding that night etc), but you have to be a nut job to cycle through three or four in a single day regularly.

16. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I feel guilty when I wear more than one. I'm on a Garmin Fenix 3 now and I don't think I'll ever take it off unless it's just to switch the bands.

17. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

:cool: