1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many smokers we got?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by fishwolf, Dec 10, 2008.

?

How many of us EDCers smoke? And what do you smoke?

1. Cigarettes

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Pipe

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Cigars

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Non-Smoker

35 vote(s)
    50.7%
  1. MagnaWolf

MagnaWolf Loaded Pockets

Used to be a cigarette smoker. Now I occasionally enjoy a pipe, cigar or some other smoking delights with a hint of Jamaica ;-)

2. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I don't smoke often, but if I am outdoors for more than an hour on a summer weekend odds are I am smokng a cigar. If I have a beer in one hand the odds just doubled :).

3. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Man, I just dropped some significant ducats at smokingpipes.com: :-X

* Stanwell Majestic 191

* Peterson Belgique Smooth Fishtail

* I.M. Corona Old Boy (Matte Black)

Also purchased a 2oz. tin of Esoterica Tobacciana's Penzance, a 50g tin of Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake, and five 50g tins of Samuel Gawith's Squadron Leader. I plan to dedicate the Stanwell to English blends, starting with the Squadron Leader, which has been the subject of many glowing reports from tobaccoreviews.com. The other two tobaccos (also highly recommended) will be smoked in the little Peterson Belgique. And the Old Boy lighter will replace the lousy Bic lighters I've been scorching my fingers with lately.

Man, what a big purchase! I cannot wait for my package to arrive! :D

4. STHFNGLD

STHFNGLD Empty Pockets

I really want an Old Boy! I'm jealous! :laugh: :highfive: I'm sixteen. I'm thinking of starting pipe smoking when I turn eighteen. (Casually, nothing like "chain" smoking HAHA chain pipe smoking??? does it exist?)

5. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Man, I always do stuff like this!

After gingerly smoking my first bowl of tobacco in my new Stanwell 191 (trying not to burn the thing), I ended up rubbing off some of the factory-applied carbonization from the inside of the bowl; guess I shouldn't have scrubbed so hard with that darn pipe-cleaner! :doh:

So some of the bare wood is exposed near the heel of the pipe. I'm pretty sure this isn't so bad, in the long run. Some people don't like pre-carbonized bowls, but I don't mind. I just don't like messing up my pipes right out of the gate! I think It'll be okay if I'm careful with it.

I'm only going to smoke half-bowls in this pipe for a while, and try to build up a good cake down there in the heel (should have done this from the get-go, but I haven't managed to overcome my youthful impatience with most things in life). :rolleyes:

Bought a bunch of bail-top jars to store my baccy in, in the hopes of retaining moisture. They're a pain to wash, but should be a good investment in the long run.

6. el_diabl0

el_diabl0 Loaded Pockets

22 months since my last cigarette. Best decision I ever made. I quit just after 24 years, right after my dad got diagnosed with throat cancer.

7. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

Cigars with friends on the weekends, an occasional Cigarette on the weekdays nothing extreme

8. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Just stumbled across this. A carbon fibre pipe.

One of those annoying Flash sites that won’t allow direct links to the product.

Purisme

9. mister_fox

mister_fox Loaded Pockets

I smoke roll ups have done for years although if im feeling flush I will treat myself to a cohiba or the odd packet of sobranie's

10. DocSavage

DocSavage Empty Pockets

Try a Kirsten.... low maintenance... cool quality smoke.... Or perhaps a Falcon.... same low maintenance..

Doc

11. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

I passed out these Manolete Cigars when my son was born. I am no cigar expert by any means, but the feedback and my own personal experience, this is a pretty good cigar.

12. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

I smoke indirectly, second hand smoke is pretty bad, but I am among the few of my friends and relatives that don't smoke :thumbsdown:

13. Uprightman

Uprightman Loaded Pockets

My friends and I gather an smoke a bowl of shisha out of a small hookah we communally own every now and then. More for the social interaction between all of us then for the smoking, but the fruity flavors do taste :censored: good.

14. Armoury

Armoury Empty Pockets

Shisha is wonderful stuff! I used to smoke a licorice flavored shisha as well as a watermelon flavored version. Not only do they taste good, they smell great too!

I smoke cigarettes, usually Viceroy brand, which is the most affordable type here. If I have extra money or going through duty free I try to get some Du Maurier cigarettes, the best quality brand in Canada in my opinion. Smoking is a ridiculously expensive habit here, a 25 pack of the bottom-barrel Viceroys costs between 9 and 10 dollars, with Du Maurier's running up to 13 dollars for 25.
    Although it's not "smoking", I also dip Skoal Straight once in a while.

15. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

An Egyptian friend of mine is crazy about his Hookah, whenever he has guests in the house he gets it out and offers to share a bowl with them, quite a few regulars have their own mouthpieces to smoke with. The favourite seems to be apple or apple and pear and although I gave up nearly 23 years ago and have no wish to smoke, I love the smell of it, if I was still a smoker I would be in there!
    Oh, in Egypt, Mohammed pays about 90 Eurocents an ounce for the apple tobacco!

16. Bogwan

Bogwan Loaded Pockets

Any Washington State smokers NOTE THIS......

Posted just to let you see what is happening . I am a non smoker.

I do not endorse this either way. Just as a point of interest to all smokers.

Time for another tea party ?

http://www.fairhavensmokes.com/

17. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Been Smo_King Roll-Yer-Owns fer 8 years steady now (35 in all) like a good C_gar once in a while too ..
    I spend about $400 a year on tobacco so I got the monetary thing down ..
    Chances are I'll go out with one stuck in my face ..
    Just the way it is, I'm ~ Old Skool ~ .. :|

BE WELL .. GH

18. Rquagliata

Rquagliata Loaded Pockets

I smoke a pipe and cigars but rarely.

My favorite pipe tobaccos are Semois, most GLPease and some of mccellands stuff.

19. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I'm not a smoker (nor will I ever be one), but I'm fine with others smoking so long as I don't have to smell it. Some of the college mates smoke, & come in to class where I've got no place to go & get away from the stomach turning smell (almost yacked once). Mmmm I've also gotten packages from private sellers that reeked of it down to the packing material, but I guess that's kinda hard to prevent...

20. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I've smoked expensive cuban cigars as well as cheap Swisher Sweets and King Edward's. They all taste like crap to me. As a bonus, when you smoke cigars size 50 or larger, it looks like you have a giant turd in your mouth. I just don't see the attraction. Cigarettes never appealed to me, though I have tried a few and fail to understand their appeal, either. I think people should be allowed to smoke in their homes and cars and also outside, but I hate going into places that reek of smoke. I also hate how so many smokers are slobs who dump their car's ashtray right out in the street or parking lot, that's skummy behavior. I also hate how many smokers chuck their cigs out the window while driving...that's so classy!