1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many of you vest carry?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by hannism, Feb 19, 2009.

1. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

how about a link for this sigtac?

2. confederatescott

confederatescott Loaded Pockets

I bought my son a ScottyVest and I wear a 5.11 vest.

3. thatdamnhewitt

thatdamnhewitt Loaded Pockets

tso...IIRC I got mine from Botach. I know thems fighting words for some folks re: customer service.

4. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

Sigarms no longer list the Sig vest on their website

5. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

I finally scored a 5.11 Vest for a decent price. this thing is Perfect! Especially when over a light jacket (doesn't look out of place). I can hold EVERYTHING from my edc bag with a CRAP LOAD of room to spare. I can even take everything out of my pockets and add it to the vest.

Weight distribution is fantastic! Looks more like a safari/photo vest than a CCW vest.

6. James In Toronto

James In Toronto Loaded Pockets

I've got a 2XL vest like that, that I bought on sale when I was really 3XL. Now that I'm down to 1XL I may try it over a jacket. For summer, I've got a Tilley's Vest, which is expensive.
    [​IMG]

7. jimspriggs500

jimspriggs500 Empty Pockets

I vest carry all the time using a Filson Mackinaw Wool Western Vest Whilst it may not be traditionally tactical or have 20 pockets, it does not get noticed by over officious law enforcement types

8. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

THAT IS NICE! Do you know where I can get one a bit less expensive?

9. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

Another option if you want a carry vest without drawing attention is Concealed Carry Clothiers
    . An uncle of mine has one for his job, and they're well constructed. Not a buttload of pockets, but I think you can use the 5.11 BBS accessories as well as their offered ones to organize your gear in the carry pockets.

10. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

11. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

:iagree: I use one of the tropic weight vest in the summer months

12. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

I dont care what it looks like. I usually don't EDC with a vest. I do have a rothcoTactical load bearing vest. If it will make your family happier (i know it won't), there are some vests that look really cool (at least probably for us) that have a vented mesh backing that may be a great alternative for you, if you do find it hot. I am a small guy and when I wear my jumbo or jumbo clone it looks overwhelming. I don't care. If you are ever in S Fla look me up. I will get the wife and kids and we can take a walk in a park and get some stares

13. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

In hindsight, I think this is how I started my EDC journey! Ok, the military didn't help with the LBE belt and stuff :evil:

I found this company called Duluth Trading a good # of years ago - I bought the black vest with all the pockets. 2XL tall
    http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/86072.aspx?feature=product_13&kw=vest&processor=content

I got mine in black and it did a great job. I am not sure why, but I am much more of a 'bag/pouch guy' now. I've worn the vest just a few times in last few years...I agree with others, a hoodie under it, and no one questions what you got in it.

14. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

I picked up a Timberland fleece vest from costco. Its pretty nice. Gives me two side pockets and one chest pocket. Its warm too.

15. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

I used to wear a vest all the time (except during the summer, too hot). I wore a vest through high school, the phrase "don't give a crap" summed up my fashion sense very well, however. I've since had to transition to belt EDC because of my work uniform, but I still keep a couple of vests around. I've actually slimmed down the number of items that I EDC on my person enough that I don't have an item for several of the vest pockets now, its all in my backpack/BOE.

16. gatorbud

gatorbud Loaded Pockets

i wear a vest from coronado thats really sweet when i ride my bike its nice and the two inner pockets are kevlar lined so they dont show any outline 'read concealed carry'. has a zipper pocket for my wallet and is really tough and thick

17. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

I found what I thought was an increadible vest, espically for hot climates it had mesh all around it, however they are not available for us EDC folks.

If someone knows anybody that can make one like one it had lots of pockets. They looked like it would be real efficent if it was available in adult sizes. It was called a ranger veat and it was only in small childrens sizes. They were available in the gift shop in Stone Mountain National Park's gift shop.

18. FRagman1967

FRagman1967 Loaded Pockets

I bought a 24-7 vest from Major Suplus and Survival. Used to wear a photojournalist vest all the time.
    The 24-7 conceals underneath my light coat, and is comfortable without being too hot or awkward. I will add it to my daily wear.
    It has quite a few pockets (my old one had 24, and I lost stuff in it) but I am happy with the quality, overall.

19. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

For the money,I say you can't find better than this! All season comfort, and tremendous capabilities. It has 2 nalgene size bottle holders, CCW pockets, everything you could want. Even a big pocket on the lower back, and a bigger on on the inside lower back!
    5.11 Tactical vest

DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE PRICES ON THIS SITE! $70 is about what I usually see, but I got mine off ebay for approx $25 from a guy who wore it once and didn't like it. His wife thought it was a fishing vest. :lolhammer:

and would someone please tell me how to directly post a pic?

20. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

i wouldnt edc one unless it was on the thinner/lighter side and i could wear it under my shirt, generally when im at home and go out randomly i dont wear a whole lot so no pockets, i usually carry around a neck bag and it works well but i have been thinking about carrying a vest or even a fanny pack for some time but weight is a bit of an issue and bulkiness is another i dont want to wear something uncomfortable sloshing aroung