1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many notebooks do you carry on a daily basis? and for what?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Froley, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

I carry constantly, two hardcover notebooks, in my EDC bag---
    One is a Moleskine larger daily record "type" in which i record weather, temperature, mileage, gas prices, and notes on each day....
    The other is a small, no brand, sketch type notebook into which goes thoughts, to do lists, things i am thinking about and bad sketching----

I have these and use them each day--anyone else care to join in with the amount of notebooks they really carry and what they put in them?

2. Scott Mason

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

I carry a mini composition book for work notes, estimates, time recording, parts lists and a Field Notes pocket size in a leather cover for personal notes, lists and indecipherable drawings. I also have a three pack of mini comps in my edc bag for spares.

Here is a photo of the Field Notes cover.

[​IMG]

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Loaded Pockets

I carry a Moleskine A6 soft cover notebook for work notes, and have a Midori Traveler's passport size notebook in my EDC bag which I stick quotes, musings, definitions of words which are new to me, and half composed on the spot poems in.

4. Electronic Squid

Electronic Squid Empty Pockets

A Rhodia No. 11 that I carry in my pocket to write notes in and a 90-page composition notebook (it was about a quarter on clearance so I picked up a bunch) that I carry in my bag. I have a couple other pocket notepads (picked up to make $25 at Jetpens) in my bag that I haven't used yet.

5. Stationery Traffic

Stationery Traffic Loaded Pockets

Usually have at least one on me, often two or more. The main notebook is a Moleskine reporter knock-off from the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's. It has all the features of the Mole version but with superior lined paper which doesn't bleed as much, and cost me a fraction of the price (which is why I bought a job lot of them on close-out). I have been using it lately to write notes for an online music course I have been doing on Coursera.

The second is a Rite in the Rain 391-M kindly sent to me by a reader of my blog, from the USA. Both live in my new Maxpedition 4x6 notebook cover.

I have a collection of other notebooks including Daycraft and some Field Notes but I have just found some Muji Passport notebooks (plain paper) which cost me GBP0.95 each from the Oxford St London branch and which may well see duty as back-pocket notebooks. I have yet to use one but the creamy paper looks good.

I still have a small Moleskine notebook which I will fill up one day...but no more after that...

CitizenSnips likes this.
  6. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I usually have a USGI green memo book with me for general note taking, random thoughts, and so on.

In my bag, I have a "Fieldnotes" brand notebook for tracking personal expenses.

7. Fucifino
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fucifino Loaded Pockets

I use a three ring binder from tacticalnotebookcovers.com for work stuff. It is full sized so I keep a mini cheapo spiral bound notebook in my cargo pocket for notes on the run. You never know when the boss is going to give you a list of stuff that must be done by the end of the day.:rolleyes:

8. CitizenSnips

Stationary, could you do a review of the Sainsbury's reporter pad please? I've seen them but I assumed it'd be terrible for fountain pens as a default :p

9. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

I carry a mini comp in my pocket organizer for notes,lists, hours worked.And one loose in my pocket for quick unimportant things I need to jot down

10. Stationery Traffic

Stationery Traffic Loaded Pockets

Here's what I wrote about it in 2010: http://stationerytraffic.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/sainsburys-moleskine-reporter-notebook.html

I have used that one extensively and it works just fine with fountain pen ink. There's a little bit of bleedthrough with a Pilot V5, mostly on full stops.

bzimmerly likes this.
  11. CitizenSnips

Thanks for the info, I might pick up some of their notebooks :)

12. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I do keep a diary when I'm traveling, but otherwise my life isn't note-worthy :unsure:

13. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying two notebooks with me over a year now. I have my large Moleskine notebook for my personal journal. I also have a small Moleskine knockoff notebook for my security patrol log book. Now I plan to carry one more pocket notebook for personal notes and miscellaneous info which I want to keep separate from the other two notebooks. All notebooks are wearing leather covers from Saddleback Leather or Oberon Design.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

14. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I have a total of three notebooks traveling around with me at the moment. I have a small date book that I carry at work for keeping track of my schedule. I have a leather bound notebook that rides in my edc bag or my back pocket for to do lists and use as a journal. And I have a 8 1/2x11 notebook in the edc bag for when I need larger paper that can be easily removed from the notebook.

15. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

I find it interesting that I cannot combine duties in a single notebook--the separation of subject matter is very important to me and apparently to others as well ?

16. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I generally have two, my leather covered field notes in a pocket for quick notes, lists, messages to tear out and leave for others, and my pelle journal (midori clone) that I use more or less as a journal when I feel inclined to write something a bit more meaningful or that I would like to hold onto.

17. HyperionScout32
    • In Omnia Paratus

HyperionScout32 Loaded Pockets

Just one Field Notes;) Sometimes also a moleskin.

18. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I've usually got a couple of moleskeins on my person, a small and a large.

19. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

In my situation my security logbook is strictly for work and is a timeline of my patrol observations at work. My personal daily journal is for my intimate thoughts and personal happenings. Now I plan to have another notebook which will be for casual note taking like schedules, random thoughts, names, and the like.

Edit: I just received my new Oberon Design leather cover for my Moleskine pocket notebook. I am just loving it! I will be now carrying three notebook/journal which will help me stay organized and record my work and life's thoughts and info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by mauiblue, Jun 9, 2013
    Froley likes this.
  20. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I have one of the small Moleskines in my phone case, and a hardback A6 (plain) pad in my bag for anything (including drawing/doodling). I also use it for reminders, but it has so far been mostly used to test pens and compare inks.