1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many knives do you carry?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Water-Rat, Jan 14, 2017.

?

How many knives do you carry?

1. 1

25 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. 2

52 vote(s)
    42.6%
  3. 3

26 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. 4

11 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. More than 5?

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. R0ENIN

R0ENIN Empty Pockets

5, SOG Tanto, 6 inch fixed blade, grandpas dress knife, work knife, and SOG Tomahawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Water-Rat likes this.
  2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

ta!

Moshe ben David

3. gbjore

gbjore Loaded Pockets

Depends on what I have for lunch that day. Always a Delica, always some kind of Leatherman MT with knife.

I have a Spyderco Dragonfly specifically for Avocados. My lady turned me onto them (avocados, not knives). I carry it about 2-3x a week. My co-workers are duly informed "don't worry about all the knives, he's from Alaska" when meeting me.

4. bfitz

bfitz Loaded Pockets

Normally 2. A folder and a multitool.

Water-Rat likes this.
  5. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Same here. And I see no shame in going knifeless when the situation calls for it.

I usually carry either a Victorinox Pioneer or a Leatherman Style CS.

However, there are places and situations where carrying a knife is cumbersome, impractical, illegal, frowned upon and/or downright dangerous. Some examples: at the gym, out running, at the beach, at a concert, traveling by air, out for drinks at night.

EDC is all about preparing for situations you are likely to encounter. Sometimes, that means carrying a knife. Sometimes it means carrying two, plus a multitool. And sometimes it means leaving all blades at home.

6. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

I thought EDC was about being prepared for whatever life throws at you, expected or not.

A.B. likes this.
  7. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

I think it's up to the individual as to how much they are willing to carry. It's impossible to truly be prepared for everything but "how prepared" is going to depend on how much gear an individual is willing to haul around. My EDC stops at what will fit in my pockets, holster, and on my belt in an office work environment.

8. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

Carrying one of these all the time when at work[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. CL01

CL01 Loaded Pockets

At least 3 when I'm working, 2 when I'm not. I have a key-chain folder at all times, a folder at all times, & when I'm working, usually a small fixed blade (& that's not including the Leatherman Multi-tool in my bag).

Water-Rat likes this.
  10. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

There's no shame at all in going knifeless, and I do it all the time because of my job. I also tend to go to a lot of events, concerts, etc. at schools. I do not go without a cutting tool, though. Also, I like to leave my Wingman in my car so I have some sort of knife if I end up needing one when doing errands after work or even if I need one while on the road.

As for Sungame's list, For the gym and running, I do like to have a knife just in case. Usually it's something small like my ladybug, and that's an instance where I would carry only one blade. At the beach, unless I'm planning to enter the water, I usually still have at least one blade, again usually the ladybug salt. At a concert, unless it's at a school or there's a specific no knives/weapons zone at the venue, I will still have my usual 2 knives. I haven't flown in ages, so that doesn't bug me much. When going out for drinks at night, I see no reason to not take knives, the reason we edc is because you never know what might happen. Besides, if I'm drinking, I'm almost always eating as well and that might call for a knife. Mind you, I mostly carry smaller knives, so cumbersome is not something that bugs me much because I mainly carry little blades.

sungame and Moshe ben David like this.
  11. ripjack13

ripjack13 Loaded Pockets

I have one in my front pocket, one on my belt (leatherman with two blades) one in my back pocket (razor/knife combo) and one on my hat....at all times.

12. aasoverteakettle

aasoverteakettle Loaded Pockets

One on your hat, huh?
    [​IMG]

A.B. and ripjack13 like this.
  13. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

To a certain extent, it is.

Most people can usually manage to prepare for what they know will happen. What sets EDCers apart from the rest, is the willingness and ability to prepare for things that may happen. But, as @Dirty Rod points out, you cannot possibly be prepared for anything and everything.

My approach is to prepare for things that are likely to happen, plus for things that probably will not happen, but which would have disastrous consequences if they happened, and I was not prepared for them.

One such thing is if I cut myself very badly on a hiking trip in the woods and didn't bring a first aid kit. Another is if I were stopped and searched by law enforcement and were found to carry something I was not allowed to carry at that time and place.

14. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Typically, one.

15. ripjack13

ripjack13 Loaded Pockets

Kind of....it's just as sharp...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Water-Rat and aasoverteakettle like this.
  16. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Why do you carry a knife on your hat if you have three or four others available in your pockets and on your belt?

17. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

When I have my act together I carry 2, but when I'm sloppy just one usually

Water-Rat likes this.
  18. ripjack13

ripjack13 Loaded Pockets

No reason really. It fit. So I left it....

19. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Best reason I've heard all week.

20. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

I've been the same lately, sometimes one usually zero. Two reasons, I'm usually around others who are quicker to produce their knives and second, I still can't remember were I put my SAK money clip and cadet after removing them before leaving the house for a trip thru TSA a year ago!