1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many flashlights do you EDC?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by KAMM, Jul 17, 2012.

1. will m
    • In Omnia Paratus

will m Loaded Pockets

Because it is summer and I moved to the day shift I am down to just a photon micro light on my key ring.

2. Philonous

Philonous Loaded Pockets

On my person, always 2. My primary is a ZebraLight SC600. Some people feel it's too big for pocket-carry, but I don't (even though I'm a small guy), and having all those output/runtime options is just great. On my keys I have a Fenix E05.

I usually have a backpack with me, and these days I've got my ZL H502 in there on the headband.

3. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

2 - Photon Microlight II w/ red LED on keyring + Jetbeam BA10 in my bag. Oh and an VW OEM torchlight in the cig lighter of my car, always at the ready!

4. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

Fenix PD20 on body, Nitecore EX11 on bag.

I also have a Fenix PD10 in my car.

5. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I carry three small lights: a 4Sevens mini 123 hanging on my cell phone belt pouch, a Maratac AAA on my house keys, and a Lighthound coin light on my car keys. I've got bigger and brighter ones but I like to travel light.

Otherwise my pants fall down :rofl:

6. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

3 or 4: main light (varies), keychain light (thrunite ti firefly), light in my bag (dereelight edc c2h) & my knife/light combo carried in my bills custom case urban wallet (varies but usually nitecore d11.2)

talk about being redundant lol

7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Fenix on my nite ize key rack, sipik sk-68 in my pocket, and photon freedom micro on my id reel. :)

Well, that's the most updated light carry for work.

8. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

On me? two, a Photon Rex on my keys and a Coast G10 in my EDC. Plus assorted flashlights, warning beacons etc in the car.

9. caemgen

caemgen Loaded Pockets

typ. 2 - if i know i'm just going to be in my a.o.:

primary: nitecore extreme r2 led (w/ an array of colored lens)
    backup: photon micro-light ii (red)

but, if i know i'll be outside of my a.o., i'll throw in a petzl zipka plus 2 for general task lighting...

10. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

Three most of the time, but sometimes more.

Main three:
    Olight i1EOS on keychain.
    Lambda green ever-on finder fob also on keys.
    Eagletac D25c Mini on belt.

11. TobyJ96

TobyJ96 Loaded Pockets

On average? One. Mainly cause it's on the keyring and I'm heading out the door in a rush 90% of the time and I'm lucky to remember my wallet.

If I have time to get everything: 3 1) Cheapo penlight I got at the local Shell station for $1; 1) No Name Brand alumium 10 LED flashlight from Wal-Mart / Or my Mini-Mag (depending on if I'm wearing belt pouchs); 1) Cheapo Rayovac (sp?) keycheain light from Wal-Mart.

12. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I carry five (To whoever invented the cargo pocket - thank you):

Fenix E15
    Eagletac D25LC2
    Maglite XL200
    Led Lenser P7
    Olight M20-X

Last edited by david57strat, Jan 9, 2013
    SAKplumber likes this.
  13. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

What do you use all of them for?

14. david57strat

Anything from digging around for lost items, to taking out the trash, to repairing something in a tight spot, traversing rocky terrain, to finding my way around a dark parking lot late night, to searching for something outside, to signalling someone from a distance in a very large crowd, to.......whatever I can think of.

The P7 has the focusing feature (spot to flood), which is very handy, and much better designed than a traditional Maglite. When I need to throw a beam farther (outdoors), I go with either the D25 or the M20-X (although I prefer the cool white hue of the D25, the M20-X is more true to color, when lighting up foliage. The E15 is really tiny, so I'm easily able to get that inside a guitar soundhole to inspect the guts (I've been playing the guitar for about the past thirty years or so). The XL 200 has many features, like adjustable strobe, a nightlight, S.O.S., etc. So does the D25. They all do different things, and they're not as expensive an item as ......guitar equipment (lol)?

I've kind of shyed away from buying any more incandescent lights, but own a number of those, as well, and have been collecting and using lights for many years, for many applications.

All of these lights run on rechargeable batteries (except for the E15); so no worries about adding to landfills unnecessarily, or spending a fortune on replacing batteries all the time. I'm set!

What can I say...I just love flashlights, and they're extremely handy, in a power outtage, and on countless other occasions. If I had to carry just one (wearing a business suit, for instance - which is rare), I'd probably go with the D25, because it's so slim, yet very versatile and powerful for its size. You just never know when you're going to need a good light. Some people feel this way about firearms. To each his own.

Thanks for your inquiry.

KAMM likes this.
  15. david57strat

There's nothing wrong with a little redundancy, when it comes to lights. Sometimes, you need a different kind of light for a different application - and it doesn't hurt to have a backup light, just in case. You never know when you might find yourself in the middle of a power outtage, etc. People who may otherwise laugh at a person carrying more than one flashlight, will be thanking him (or her) on a day like that.

16. Racer

Racer Loaded Pockets

Carrying 5 at a time ... that's hard core.

17. Vaper

Vaper Banned

Just one--a Lumapower Incendio on a keychain. There are larger lights in each vehicle, one in the upstairs hallway next to the fire extinguisher, one in the kitchen next to the fire extinguisher, one in each bedroom and one in the garage. But only one EDC. Haven't yet run into a situation where a backup would have been handy, but I imagine when that happens I'll use it as an excuse for another.

18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sounds like you need to talk Metropolicity into making you a P3 and customizing it into a p5!!

19. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I only really EDC one, a Fenix E-01 on my keyring.

I also have a Led Lenser V2 in my grab bag and a T7 in the glove compartment of my car, and whenever I go away over night, I bring either one of these or my Led Lenser H7 headlamp.

Long story short: I only carry one light on person every single day. However, I often carry two, but never more than that, except from very special occasions (caving), or when I carry a light for someone else. Come to think of it, that's not a bad thing to do: carrying a light for someone else:).

20. ltbarber

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

Two. Both in my EDC bag. One I never loan or hand to someonein an emergency. The other is a cheap,LED light from a hardware store,that I keep for loaning ond handing out.....