1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many EDC kits do you have

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by tbzbbt, Jun 9, 2017.

1. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I have several EDC kits in the form of maxped pocket organiser that hold my things like charger cables, batteries etc. One is in my outdoor Rush12 with fire starting, compass etc, one is in my office Tom Bihn bag with computer and tools focus, and the other is an R1 medical thing with tools that I keep in the centre console.

Today I had my work computer with me which requires the use of a bigger bag, a crumpler laptop attache thing. Unfortunately I had urgent need of both an iPad charger and micro USB charger, but had neither as I hadn't remembered to pack either the items or a kit containing them.

So....my question is, do you maintain multiple kits, one in each of your bags, do you carry always such things on your person, or do you repack the bag for use every time you go out? It seems like I need to create yet another.

Tbzbbt

2. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

I keep most of the small hand tools/convenience items in a Vanquest organizer. It goes most places that I do. For work, I have an Osprey backpack with additional gear. It lives in my car when I'm not using it. The organizer goes in it when traveling to and from work. When I get home, the organizer comes out and I can carry it separately. I have a Maxpedition Incognito Quad shoulder bag for church. The organizer goes it it. If I'm hiking, I have a Maxpedition Versipack. Guess what? The organizer goes there too. I have separate modular admin, firemaking and hygiene kits that can go in whichever bag I'm using. Plus there's a BOB and a camping bag. Yeah-there's a lot of stuff.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Well for starters:

• I have a large rolling duffel in the trunk of the car. Inside of this are:
      • FAK and supply pouch (cold compresses, Israeli bandages, etc)
      • Tool bag
      • supply bag
        • disposable rain ponchos
        • extra nitrile gloves
        • other misc
      • Lites and batteries pouch
      • Emergency triangles
      • Emergency hi vis vest
    • In the house I have two FAK: one in the kitchen; one in the garage
    • Altoids boo boo FAK that lives in my pocket
    • EDC bag pouches. To explain. Depending on what I am doing and where I'm going that day, I have different EDC bags I choose from. I do have a couple of pouches which can move from bag to bag:
      • FAK: much better equipped than my Altoids kit
      • Admin pouch: this one is based on an Eagle Creek 1/4 size cube. All sorts of 'stuff' that I find useful.
      • Smoking pouch: I'm an occasional pipe and/or cigar guy; I have a Maxped organizer pouch (don't recall which one) set up for this.
    L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. Chad Johnston
    • +1 Supporter

Chad Johnston Loaded Pockets

Currently three. Fossil shoulder bag, Kifaru E&E (most often used) and Maxpedition Noatak sling.

5. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I used to have one organizer with pens and pencils and other stuff useful in office situations, but I found that I usually keep that stuff in the same bag and I have more room in the bag now that I keep that stuff in all the little organizing pockets inside my work bag (Vanquest Javelin). I do have 2 first aid kits that move between bags depending on the situation.

I mostly repack my bags each time before I leave. Some of them do have basic stuff in them such as pens/pencils and they typically always have the specialized gear for their missions. But, otherwise, I prefer to repack every time. While that slows me down a little, I believe it lowers the amount of times I don't have what I need since I check my bags thoroughly each time.

6. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

Everything I need is either on my person, in my EDC bag (only have one), in the toolbox on my truck or, when it comes to tools, part of my master tool loadout during jobs. IMO, repacking and/or migrating items each day can/will introduce too much risk for mistakes and omissions... but, that's just me — I prefer to centralize and minimalize. On the other hand, sitting down to deliberately plan & build several dedicated bags for the various purposes in your life makes logistical sense as long as you can afford redundancy. I guess the key is to not depend on too many "other bags" or "other pouches" when planning each bag so that each is self-sufficient, and said redundancy allows for independence regardless of what bag you grab.

7. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I have my edc bag, a maxpedition micro organiser and an altoids tin. A lot of the stuff is duplicated, like knives and USB leads, but the idea is that if I'm not taking my bag, I can throw either the altoids or the maxped in my pocket, depending on what I'm wearing, and I'm more prepared that with just my pocket carry edc

I'll also move the altoids and maxped between bags if for some reason I have to carry a bag without my normal edc

8. photoboy2005

photoboy2005 Loaded Pockets

About 3. One for work. Which is just simple stuff. One for my side business, which is working on electronics, so tools. And one for photography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

The core items in my urban kit seems to be charging cables, multitool and medical tablets. As I'm a strong believer that all gear should earn its keep and like many of us, I've accumulated lots of "spare" stuff through GAS. I'm gunna get another pouch - perhaps a vanquest slim one for comparison with the maxped - add some of my existing stuff to it and minimise time spent messing around switching the stuff between bags. I often attend meetings at different sites at short notice, and I'm forced to lug an overweight laptop which I avoid taking home with me, so I'm constantly switching bags.

Tbzbbt

10. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I have a work and home edc...my work edc is the exact same as my home edc with only the addition of some items useful to me in my work environment. My work bag easily accommodates what my pants pockets alone cannot.

Sent from my TM101A620M using Tapatalk

11. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Work EDC laptop bag (Camelbak Quanitco) with items specific to my occupation & GHB (GR1 26L) that stays in my work vehicle.

Home EDC GHB with core items that goes with me everywhere, stow in car when car is parked nearby, otherwise in minimalist urban GHB if taking alternate modes of transportation in the city (on foot, commuter line/subway). Extra emergency/backup items in each vehicle.

Core EDC items always on me when I leave the house (wallet, keys, knife, iPhone, flashlight).

12. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

I have a Bug Out Bag, a GO Bag. The BOB stays home, the Go bag goes with me when I'm going more than 25 miles from home or when I was working I took it every day.

As far as kits, I don't really have kits, my daily EDC I assemble before I leave home, it usually consists of the same things but I have different options for each, like pistol, knives, lights...etc.

Medic1 likes this.
  13. chrisr

chrisr Loaded Pockets

My current "ready for anything" bag is a Tom Bihn Luminary. I have various components that usually stay in the bag, and others that may be included for specific needs. In the "always there" category, is a personal eating kit which has some Alite utensils, a bandana, salt and pepper and swiss army knife, toothpicks, hand santizer and the personal size of the Matador picnic blanker. Another kit has non perishable snacks. There's one with my MacGuyver kit (mentioned in the thread of the same name). I also have a headlamp, reading glasses, and a battery for my phone. On the sometimes list, is a washing up kit that has various wipes, and some compressed towels and water. There's another kit for when I'm out in the woods that is typically carried in my CamelBak. And I usually have my purse which has some additional tools as well as my phone, wallet and tissues.

Medic1 and Gary Gross like this.
  14. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

I have a backpack and shoulder bag store in our apartment. I am my only customer and my wife has her store too.
    Many of my bags are pre-set up with urban survival items-PSK-FAK-FSK. So there is a lot of duplication. Saves time when using a different bag day to day. I add other items as needed for the day at hand. Pocket EDC includes CCW, a strong folding knife like Benchmade, Case, Zero Tolerance, lighter and FAK boo boo kit, bandana, pen, small flashlight, and Sonic hearing protection. Sometimes a multitool will be on my belt and or a small fixed blade.

15. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

I wont count BOB bags. 5.11 Rush 72, maxpedition neatfreak. Duluth Scout, North Face Mystery Ranch and each one is set up with certain items all the time. I pick and choose which one I want for the day and add items as needed. I have 10 other packs I can load out if wanted and 3 maxpedition shouder bags as needed. And one Max and one North Face lumbar pack if I choose to use one of them. One bail out bag and Condor rip away medic bag in my truck. I have other medic bags i dont edc because they are too big for that.

16. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

I have a work bag that I have set up to be modular.
    When I go out on weekend adventures some or all of the modules go into that pack.
    Once done with that pack, they get placed back into the work pack.
    Cheaper things like cables and power banks have been duplicated to cut down on moving things around.
    Weather, season, and the outing all factor in to what gets carried.

17. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

I have several pouches, which get loaded into whatever bag according to what I am planning to do that day.
    • Cables, USB sticks, power bank, etc. These are duplicates of what is on my desk at home
    • Pens, markers, sticky notes, small stapler, eraser, etc. for working on client sites
    • Shoelaces, comb, toothbrush, small FAK
    If I am travelling
    • Prescription medicines
    • Change of socks & underwear (inspired by a colleague whose day trip turned in to a three day nightmare)
    After a recent minor disaster about the key for a suitcase lock missing a trip I am currently working on a "valuables" pouch to hold foreign currencies, travel cards, and, er, suitcase keys.

18. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Well, if it's truly an "everyday carry" kit then I only have one because I can't legitimately report having a kit I have "everyday." I never changed out of my pajamas one day this past weekend and didn't put anything in my PJ pockets so EDC still isn't an exact construct.

I have my EDC and my EDC + concealment pistol.

As far as designated kits:

There's my arbitrarily named "EDC Bag" that I keep available but don't actually carry around in the same sense that I carry my wallet around.

I have a bunch of random, cool stuff in my truck for whatever crisis may arise while away from home. I have a limited supply of stuff in my wife's SUV, which although this has become our family vehicle, I don't have it stocked as well as my truck. Perplexing really.

With a preference to keep similar stuff together, I have a veritable pharmacy of OTC and prescription drugs as well as medical supplies and some diagnostic tools.

There's my chest rig set up that costs too much for what I use it for.

Then there's my "go bag" which really isn't a BOB, but it's there for a crisis. Currently, it's in a state of evolution.

I have my "pursuit bag" which is really a minimalist kit configured to pursue others, reclaim something, take whatever they've got that I want, etc. It's truly a stuff hit the fan type of bag, e.g. someone snatches my child out of the front yard and I witness it. It's what others would call my "what the $%&# were you thinking" kit.

I have my Dave Canterbury 10-C's derived kit in a Mother canteen carrier.

There's my personal survival kit which could be planted in my EDC or any of the above kits.

I've got a pretty sweet blow out kit I keep in my EDC bag.

I'm not a tool guy but would like to have a tool kit that's built around my needs and present skill base. My dad, prior to his death, bought everything Craftsman manufactured so I have that, but it's six hours away. I'd also need a tractor trailer to deliver it all to my home.

Moshe ben David likes this.