1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How many carry multiple knifes and how many knives do you carry?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by boomerweps, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Mp31x

Mp31x Loaded Pockets

Sodbuster jr and large 21 sebenza

[​IMG]

2. Nenavist

Nenavist Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    The Super Tinker in my Skinth I keep in my right front pocket. The manager is on my tool keychain. The slip joint is kept in my watch pocket. The Brous is either small of back or left side for cross draw. Situation dictates when and how many. When I get my hands on a Mini Grip and Inkosi I will always have at least two on me at all times work or no work.

Shike and Water-Rat like this.
  3. Loki74

Loki74 Loaded Pockets

The Opinel lives in my Maxpedition Fatty and is used daily at lunch, the small folder is on my keyring in LFP, the Izula-II in my hidden messenger bag pocket for heavier use/emergency, and the Delica is on rotation with others for RFP carry on weekends and days off as it's not office friendly.
    [​IMG]

Shike, Moshe ben David and Water-Rat like this.
  4. Christian RO

Christian RO Loaded Pockets

5. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

Today carrying a spyderco manix 2, custom 1095 fixed blade, leatherman wave, two small knives on my keychain, and a prybar with a sharp edge
    I'm starting to depend on at least three knives a day minimum

Sent from my iPhone
    Ghostprepper

6. gremlin078

gremlin078 Loaded Pockets

Usually 3. Large folder for defensive carry on my side somewhere between 9-11 depending on the pants. Small folding knife in front pocket for everyday cutting. Been favoring Lagouiles lately with the corkscrew because a gentleman should always be prepared and the SAK Classic, love those little surgical steel blades for fine work and nail trimming.

7. hawkeye-

hawkeye- Loaded Pockets

Three, One small folder, front right pocket, second Larger folder, full serrations (Think rescue knife,) Third fixed, just past my second belt loop on my jeans.

8. Gustavo Melro

Gustavo Melro Loaded Pockets

three. primary folder at right front pocket. a multitool or sak on a pocket i had made between the right front pocket and the back pocket on all my pants and a fixed blade at my edc backpack

9. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

I usually carry 2. One will be a SAK Huntsman. The other is a rotation between Tenacious, Dozier Hunting folder, RAT1, Utilitac II, Cryo II.

10. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

Either a delica or pm2 as primary blade, a leatherman squirt to keep me from using my knives as a pry at or screw driver and as a loner blade, and a case medium stockman for whittling. At work I add a leatherman sidekick to my carpenter pocket.

11. clutchjunkie

clutchjunkie Loaded Pockets

I always have a leatherman style cs on my keychain and a skeletool CX or wave in my back pocket next to my wallet. I also always have a dedicated knife either in my front right pocket or sheathed up on my right side somewhere. The knife could be anything from a case Wharncliffe trapper to a bushcraft sized fixed blade depending on what I am doing that day. I also keep an old SAK executive in my jacket pocket, but it is more of a sentimental thing than an actual knife I use.

12. D.J.

D.J. Loaded Pockets

I tend to carry 3. A SAK Alox Cadet on my keys, a small Case Jack knife in my watch pocket and an Ontario Rat 1. The SAK is always on my keys. I use the bottle opener and screwdriver a lot surprisingly. The Ontario I use for cutting boxes tape and other packages and the small Case Jack knife is because I am and always will be a hillbilly at heart, so randomly on my breaks at work or even just walking around the neighborhood I will randomly find sticks to whittle on a little bit. Nothing make me smile like a little Case knife chewing up a stick lol.

13. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Three. Victorinox Alox Soldier in watch pocket. Victorinox Alox Classic with keys. Small CRK Sebenza Insigno clipped to pocket.

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

With so many of us carrying 2 ~ 3 knives routinely, maybe someone should do a thread for "Who never carries more than one blade"? LOL. Betcha it would be a really empty thread! No, I'm not starting it and I'd never be a participant!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Shike likes this.
  15. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

LOL!!

16. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

3 knives, 2 users. my leatherman is my backup. i have a tiny mini razor that is my user for cutting EDC tasks, my larger folder is my defensive tool.

Shike likes this.
  17. Alex-

Alex- Empty Pockets

If I'm wearing pants I'm wearing my Cadet Alox which is always in my pocket. I never leave my house without my keychain, which has an Alox Classic on it. And in my bag, which I don't always take with me, I've got a knife that could be considered illegal to carry due to its liner lock.

Local knife laws are very clear, but applied in a fairly intelligent way. It's more about you and the situation than the knife itself. Say you're talking to a cop and he happens to spot a large multitool with a blade that would fall under the illegal category - he would never seize it. But if you're looking like a youth criminal, they won't let you carry even a pen blade. Same thing would go if I'd happen to find myself in a confrontation with someone and the cops come. Carrying the Cadet with its 2.5" blade is not going to be an issue, but the folder with a 2.55" blade I've got in my bag has a thumb stud, a very wide blade and simply looks more aggressive. If I'd have that in my pocket, they would most likely take it from me, saying "it's got a liner lock, so it's illegal". But if they'd find out I've got it in my bag, all of a sudden it's not something I could have easily used, thus making it less of an issue. This is why I carry it in my bag and never in my pocket.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  18. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I always carry at least the Cadet and another bigger blade.

You know what they say: 2 is 1 and the Cadet is great for tiny philips head screws!

19. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

EDC: Swiss Tech Utili-key on my keyring + SAK Compact in my briefcase or backpack. Anything beyond that is activity specific:

- Alpine hiking/backpacking: usually just the above, but once in a while I'll add a midsize folder like the Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2.
    - Woodland multi-day backpacking: fixed blade bushcraft knife + midsize folder + Silky folding saw.
    - Fishing: folding fillet knife.
    - Yardwork/housework: Leatherman Skeletool.

20. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

I usually have 2-3 on me. I always have one of my folders in my right front pocket, one of my spyderco's normally-PM2/manix2 or a yojimbo2 (BM707 in left when pocket carrying my .38) A leatherman wave or skeletool cx in back pocket or side pocket of cargos. Occasionally I'll carry one of my esee fixed blades- an ezula2 or an esee3.