1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How is everyone doing with the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) situation?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by kikaida, Mar 23, 2020.

1. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

We are pretty much on lockdown here. My youngest is supposed to graduate from college on May 8, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We've been lucky so far, no one in my family has contracted it at this time.

A.B. likes this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Doing ok here in Holland. Glad you guys are fine

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

3. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

Working us to death ! I am maintenance at a level one trauma center

4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Home office for two weeks straight. No health issues, but work situation is looking a little grim

5. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Every job I had has cancelled between now and June, so not great.

6. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

Sorry to hear @Tallboyjim
    I have been off since before x-mas. Been in the house most of the time cause of surgery and was in isolation for 2 weeks after my cruise. I go back to work in 2 weeks. There is no slowing doing in my job even in this situation.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  7. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Home office since the 13th. Our company reacted pretty fast, as we’re all used to home office and have moved all our services to the cloud years ago. Big-ish apartment, two people, no kids. Jobs and incomes stable - so far. No shortage in tp, foods, or anything necessary. Just no rubber gloves, that’s ok.

Stay the f home!

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

Tallboyjim likes this.
  8. Tallboyjim

My job is in events etc so that’s off the menu for the foreseeable future. Can I ask what job you do?

9. Tallboyjim

And you ;)

Most of the people I know are in events, retail or hospitality so we’re all screwed.

But I’m curious into what jobs and industries home workers are doing.

10. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Healthy and safe.

11. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

I'm a heavy equipment technician for the city of Calgary, I fix the transit buses, they are still running and from what I have been told from the guys at work they are really behind(they have been working lots of overtime).

Fishin Fool and Tallboyjim like this.
  12. aicolainen

@Tallboyjim I've been working from home office since march 10th. That works quite well, and it's actually something I do on a regular basis, but not for 2 weeks straight, and counting.
    I work with vessel positioning and control systems. Mostly geared toward the offshore industry, and with corona and the recent development in oil prices combined, the market is not looking very good atm.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  13. Tallboyjim

Shop workers, nurses etc still gotta get from A to B, must be hard work (and cold!)

14. Tallboyjim

Vessel positioning? If you haven’t got an entire wall full screens so can monitor all this I’ll be disappointed! I’m amazed you can do that job at home.

I the heady funfilled days of last month I worked from home - just phone calls and sending out some small bits - so I know it can be tough.

But, wow, surprised. Once this has sorted itself out, would you still work from home? Short commute!

15. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

My wife has been home since Aug. 1st, 2019 following stem cell injections in both knees that didn't work, after two months they started to set her up for knee replacement, but then a serious of health setbacks for her, she finally got it done Feb. 11th. Because she is a level 10 bullhead, she failed to comply with Dr's orders and did not do her self PT exercises like she should, the result, as of today, the surgeon rated her as the equivalent of a Day 1 patient, next week she'll have MUA (manipulation surgery) on the knee to break up scar tissue, then she'll begin intense, 4 day per week 1 hr PT at home for 4 weeks, then outpatient.

I'm a truck driver, hauling intermodal containers, normally, from the last week of Feb. till the end of April is our slow season because of Chinese New Year. This year, we started to slow in early Feb. because of the China restrictions, and no ships available for export containers, as a result Feb. sucked. Beginning three weeks ago though, it started to open up, we've got three large export orders ongoing that are 50, 90, 600 container orders. The 50 and 60 we are part way through, the 600, we've only done 6, but it's setup to last all year. Every week is different, but when the wife went off, we had 6 months income saved up, since I make 80% of our income, we've only had to dip into that reserve money, the problem is, we've dipped in so much that we are down to three months. As I've told her, if there isn't a paycheck from her by the end of June, are screwed. On the side I do Uber/Lyft on the weekends, but because of all the restrictions, that's absolutely dead.

16. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

My wife has been fighting cancer for the past 5 years, and ever since her cancer recurred last year, she has been in chemo, so her immune system is compromised. So I CANNOT get sick, otherwise she will certainly have to go to the hospital. She has a procedure scheduled on April 2, so hopefully it goes thru.

The problem is that I work at the Front Desk of our Police Department. We provide fingerprint and firearms registration services. So I am in intimate physical contact with the public, holding their hands and standing in contact with them. I'm also handling people's IDs, debit/credit cards, and cash. They only just suspended fingerprinting services and firearms registrations. Hopefully, I haven't already been exposed.

17. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

As a specialized consultant for an IT company. Next to what I am actually doing, there is plenty of reporting to do and proposals to draft. Else all my other work has to be done remotely anyway and we use cloud infrastructure for it. It’s a big advantage rolling out a cluster of servers in a matter of minutes and tearing them down the same, if no longer needed.
    Usually, a small part of my job is to get to places where I should not be. But don’t get excited about breaking locks and nightly adventures. In reality it’s often way easier, that’s all I can tell you. Anyway, that’s not happening at the moment and I miss it.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Although they may not have a big ceremony, wouldn't the students still qualify to 'graduate'? Or is the college saying with the disruption of classes they must make up lost hours? I guess I could say that for say lab type classes but for straight ahead lecture courses I guess I'm expecting that on line instruction, testing, etc., could still go on? Just wondering...

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

19. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

Spain here I'm at home since 14th of March preventive quarentin agggg I have doing house cleaning hobbies like knife making motorbike maintenance Netflix, and youtube media consum.....I have a fitness routine to keep my weight under control .
    Anyway you realise how good job is good for your main health.
    Take care.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

aicolainen likes this.
  20. aicolainen

you’re up for some disappointment :)
    I’m just a boring project engineer, no kick azz bat cave operation center to be found here.

Fishin Fool likes this.