1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you utilise your pack's molle?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Highbinder, May 19, 2015.

1. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Dang, how did you find it? Said thanks over there but thanks again :)

Weej and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  2. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I just remembered it. That one was easy to recall but don't ask me to remember anything else pertinent in my day to day life...especially with work.

3. sk33tr

sk33tr Loaded Pockets

on one side (right side, if you're looking at the bag from the front) i have a maxped single sheath. it holds my flashlight.

[​IMG]

on the left side i have a maxped double sheath. it holds my lm multitool and a can of pepper spray (about time to replace it, coming up on expiration date).

[​IMG]

on the left shoulder strap (as the pack is worn) i have a blood-type keyper (pretty much identical to the maxped version, but this has my blood-type instead of the maxped logo).

[​IMG]

Weej, InvertedBob, vinniec5 and 3 others like this.
  4. ninja.medic

ninja.medic Loaded Pockets

Which bag is this?

Weej, vinniec5 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  5. Cr0wb4r

Cr0wb4r Loaded Pockets

Looks like a GR1 to me.

Weej, vinniec5 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. Cobra 6 Actual
    • +1 Supporter

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I put some carabiners and an occasional pouch on the molle. The most consistent thing I put on is one of these County Comm clip on LED's:

[​IMG]

I use the orange ones for when I'm going to be in the woods. Then, I have black, light green, and tan ones for my black, Olive Drab, and desert tan bags when I use them for non-woodland purposes.

If you don't like to deal with County Comm (shipping for one item can be crazy), you can buy these from other sellers ... even seen them on eBay once or twice. Cheap, handy, and reliable ... but, their brightness will never be confused with the sun!

Weej, vinniec5 and sk33tr like this.
  7. sk33tr

sk33tr Loaded Pockets

i keep an inova swipe light inside my bag on one of the small lanyard clips. i have it just in case i need to see inside the pack in dark conditions.

8. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I like the idea of a readily availabe can of OC on the outside of the bag. I only saw that recently on YouTube video, but his wasn't in a holster I don't believe.

9. Bumper

Bumper Loaded Pockets

On the outside of my Kato, I have my 5.11 zippered sunglasses case. Inside, I have a flashlight and multitool pouch.

Just got a Vanguest Katara that I plan to transfer the sunglasses case to the back and a Maxpedition water-bottle holder to one of the sides.

I don't think I could give up MOLLE capability. Super utilitarian.

10. Quinby

Quinby Loaded Pockets

I use a 5.11 Radio Pouch on the side of my packs to hold a umbrella. It's the perfect size, holding snuggly, but not too snug. Because it uses shock cord around the perimeter to hold in the radio, rather than over the top, the hold down cord doesn't get in the way of the umbrella. The strap from the umbrella I clip to a Grimloc, S-biner or carabiner attached somewhere at the top of the pack, depending on the pack.

When not in use, the radio pouch collapses nicely flat, and I use an IBM hook/loop strap to keep it collapsed.

I'll also attach a water bottle pouch, when necessary.

11. Bullivant

Bullivant Loaded Pockets

I have a radio pouch attached to the molle on one shoulder strap, and to the back molle I either use a morale patch addition to put something fun, or I clip (with two carabiners) a Prometheus Design Werx flag when I'm heading out on an adventure.

Semper Paratus, Semper Vigilans.

12. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

I've been through the external pouch thing and found they just snagged things, collected dirt, and so on. Moved a couple of them inside the bag and used a couple loose in the bottom of the bag as dedicated organizers, and I was good for them. On the outside, Grimloks can be useful at times. So can strap holders worked into the Molle so you have an elastic loop to snag something quickly onto your molle but sit pretty much flush when not in use. A regular climbing carabiner or two is always useful in a pinch, but again I don't like having bulkier things hanging on the outside of the bag and if it isn't big, a climbing carabiner is overkill. I'll keep a couple stainless rescue carabiners stored on the outside of my SAR bag, but that's a specialty need.

One thing that has become more and more useful has been elastic cord. I weave a length back and forth through molle to give me some lengths to stuff a light jacket, a length of climbing rope, etc. A few straps with sliding buckles can do the same -- they can be held by a strap holder just inside the bag so they are readily available and don't snag anything in the meantime.

While I was slow to get excited about it, high quality Velcro lining on a bag is a great way to organize. A few thin-profile organizer pouches from Maxpedition, TT, or the like and a bag like an Arcteryx Khard or Hazard 4 Plan B do a great job. I wouldn't drop the molle, but I'd find different uses for it. The old style of bulky pouches on the outside has its use when we're in true tactical combat environments, but most people aren't there.

Weej and vinniec5 like this.
  13. Krieger

Krieger Loaded Pockets

When I can figure out pictures I'll post one, but on my patrol bag I have a carabiner with a few sets of flex cuffs and on my SOG Torrent I have a carabiner that holds a set of Oakley assault gloves. I also have a couple m4 mags mounted on them in MOLLE shingles

Cobra 6 Actual and Weej like this.
  14. T.Moore

T.Moore Empty Pockets

No pics as of right now, but I use the pals panel on the right side for pens and I have a carabiner fished through the molle on the front just in case. I use it alot to bring in groceries in one trip haha.

Cobra 6 Actual and Weej like this.
  15. Tornado

Tornado Loaded Pockets

Here's how I use my bags molle, atleast for now. Few strips of velcro for a couple of morale patches (that I've yet to order).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

smokingfish, Cobra 6 Actual and Weej like this.
  16. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

I'm usually not a fan of hanging anything on my packs, just personal preference. Usually if the pack needs a change, then I change packs.
    I use my mole for a small flashlight and a couple of pens.

[​IMG]

smokingfish, Cobra 6 Actual and Weej like this.
  17. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Here a shot of the inner molle.
    [​IMG]

kkay, Cobra 6 Actual and Weej like this.
  18. clydeosaur

clydeosaur Loaded Pockets

I've been trying out two MSM pouches on my Camelbak HAWG. The Stealth Compact Pouch and the Corset Bottle Holder.

This is where I wish the HAWG had molle on the sides. I really don't like stuff sticking off the front of my pack. I much prefer it to be on the side. But, that's not an option.

Both are doing well attached to the front molle. Despite it being a hydration pack I only use the bladder when hiking. Day to day use and most family stuff (theme parks, museums, nature centers etc) I don't carry the bladder. I get the role of "camel" (carry my kid's water bottles) so the brand is well named. :) I'll often have two water bottles clipped to carabiners on the sides of the pack and one in the MSM bottle corset. That one's very easy for them to reach without me having to unload. Going into the office I have it carry my coffee and have a water bottle clipped to the side. I like the product and will grab them for other packs that have molle.

I picked up the Stealth Compact Pouch because I wanted something to hold pen, notebook, leatherman and flashlight. I considered getting the maxped mag pouches and putting pen/pencil in the webbing but this was about the same price as the mag pouches and was a bit more versatile. It also fit the width of the bag with the bottle corset. It's working pretty well. The rear pocket is snug for my hands to get in but I only keep the leatherman, flashlight, and a small fak in there. The front pocket is for pen, pencil, notebook, and sometimes a knife. I like it but it does give the bag more "bulk" relatively speaking.

Overall I'd prefer the front of the bag to be more streamlined and have the pouches on the sides but it works. I'm also trying out an Urban Assault XL as my office bag this week so that will give a more streamlined look if it works.

Cobra 6 Actual and tmedina like this.
  19. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

I like my Urban Assault

20. Raze

Raze Loaded Pockets

Attached an admin pouch to add organization options and patch real estate.

[​IMG]

smokingfish likes this.