1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do YOU pocket carry your pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by WESBC, Dec 18, 2009.

1. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

The fountain pen rides on my shirt collar and the ballpoint is a modified Sharpie Mini (steps on my blog). :)

2. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

I carry a Zebra Compact rolled up one of those small glasses wiping pieces of cloth in my pocket. The fabric grips my pocket and keeps the pen from falling out, even when upside down!

3. Enzo01

Enzo01 Loaded Pockets

I just carry a fisher space bullet pen in the right front pocket!

4. Crash_Fistfight

Crash_Fistfight Loaded Pockets

5. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

You have only one pocket? LOL.

I usually carry a Zebra F-701 clipped in my LFP. Nothing in my shirt pocket. Don't know why but nowadays, I hate carrying anything there.

6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

7. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Loaded Pockets

Honestly? Everywhere. Being without a pen in my world is unthinkable so I tend to have more than one on my person. One in all my jackets (don't take them out unless I use them), in my bags, car, left-side pockets, both front and back, etc.

8. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

I have carried a pen everyday since either junior high or high school. I keep it in my left front pocket. After dwindling my collection, I have three pens that get carried: my first and still most carried, Benchmade 1100-1 with Fisher medium point, Surefire EWP-04 all black (my work pen), and this goes into my left arm pen pocket (uniform), and the last is my newest acquisition, a Surefire EWP-01. I carry this to work everyday as well. It goes into my It right cargo pocket, and it gets carried sometime outside of work.

The fact of the matter is, is that the Benchmade is the only pen to never have come off of or out of my pocket. The spring steel clip is amazing. Mine is marred up and worn looking, but I love it and couldn't ever get rid of it.

9. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

As i make my living from the written word, I always keep at least two pens close at hand. I have one or two in all my bags and backpacks as well as in most of my jackets and coats (preferably clipped in the right inside pocket). When i wear cargo pants, i clip one in the left cargo pocket.

I lose or misplace pens all the time, so I don't dare to carry anything fancy. Also, I've had two shirts ruined by leaky fountain pens, so i don't carry these on person anymore. My laptop bag has a nice little plastic Rotring fountain pen in it, but that's the only really good pen I take out of the house. In most bags and jackets I keep a Pilot V Ball Grip (best disposable pens I've ever used) + a giveaway ballpoint pen as backup.

10. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

My embassy pen goes in my back right pocket.

11. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

My primary pen is carried in a heavy leather pouch in my front trouser pocket so I don't lose it. My backup pen is carried similarly in my other front trouser pocket in the event that the ink is unexpectedly depleted from the primary pen

In a digital world, I still use both daily.

12. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

Yups, same here. Don't even notice its there. In fact, I have to check multiple times a day to make sure its still there.

13. whoozle

whoozle Loaded Pockets

I clip my Zebra F-701 to the cover of my Moleskine, which then goes into my breast pocket.

14. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I carry a pen clipped to my left back pocket. Fisher,Zebra,or Parker

15. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

front right pocket

16. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I carry a telescoping zebra in my wallet in my right pocket.

17. antonic

antonic Loaded Pockets

I made a Zebra F701 pen holster on my Moleskine using duct tape and carry this setup in my back pocket.

18. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

I just keep mine clipped in the corner of my front left jeans pocket. My pen of choice is a Parker Stainless Jotter with a Fisher Space Pen refill, and I keep a Sharpie there next to it. If I'm wearing cargo shorts I will carry them clipped at the front edge of my left cargo pocket since the slash pockets on most of my shorts are really too shallow to carry things in.

I have had this backfire on me before, though, as the Parker clip likes to catch on things and then bend the clip out of shape. This leads to me bending it back and eventually to the clip breaking off. Haven't found a way around this yet, so I just live with it.

19. Condition1

Condition1 Loaded Pockets

zebra 701 clipped to front left jeans pocket far left. my knife is clipped next to it. holding up well. they are pretty solid pens.

20. DM11

DM11 Loaded Pockets

Fisher Bullet in a Bills Urban Wallet.