1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you organize YOUR Pygmy Falcon II?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Priestly, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Priestly

Priestly Loaded Pockets

I guess the Maxped Pygmy Falcon II is, let's say, noted for its lack of included organization.

On the other hand, its also wide-open for personalized systems.

I have a new PFII, Monkey Admin pouch, an Anemone, a couple of Eagle Creek Quarter-cubes and larger pouches that came over from my last bag(s). I spread them and their contents out once in a while, trying to come up with a way to better organize my gear but all I get is frustrated. Stuff gets all schlumped in the bottom of the bag and it always flops forward when I set it down thanks to the stuff in the front portions...yadda, yadda.

I keep revising my kits and going back to the Web and searching for more pouches and other solutions (cut the straps off drop-leg platforms and attach Molle pouches to it to make pull-out "units"?) which gets me more frustrated that I need a bag full of bags full of kits...

So, help a brother out. How do you organize YOUR Pygmy Falcon II? Pics of your load-outs are MOST welcome.

JD

2. CubistHamster

CubistHamster Loaded Pockets

I don't. Big things go in the main pouch, and small things go in the front. If something pokes me in the back when I put it on, I shake it a couple of times until it stops.:lolhammer:

In all seriousness though, I've found that the front pocket organization is more than adequate for the smaller stuff I carry. I don't worry about organization much in the larger compartment, and the stiffness of Maxped's Cordura combined with the padding in the back keeps thing in place well enough to make me happy.

I guess that's probably not terribly helpful though...:shrug:

3. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

Finally a PFII Organization thread!

I agree, I've had my PFII since last summer and the organization issue goes through my mind a lot. Unlike Cubist, I'm assuming I carry a lot more small items than they do, that's where it becomes an issue. Maxped just didn't seem to put any thought into the internal design, the admin pouch is more like a giant pocket. Give us some elastic bands for goodness sakes!

Priestly, how do you use your pouches? Do you just put them into the main compartment or something?

I've come up with a pretty good solution for now, it's not the best but my bag serves multiple purposes so it's a compromise in many ways.

[​IMG]

Gorilla-glued velcro strips into the main compartment, which now has the ability to hold my Monkey Admin Pouch. I can also place it in the admin pocket or externally if I need room.
    [​IMG]

Side view....allows for easy access to the admin pouch by just unzipping the main zipper partially.
    [​IMG]

Web Dominators...these things rock!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front admin pocket
    [​IMG]

4. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

As a work bag, I have a gear pocket and umbrella in the Admin area. Pens, markers, eyeglass cleaner, spork, etc in the holders. F/A kit nad towell behind. Food and snack containers in main with spare t-shirt, socks and a thermal top. I took out a bag of tools, due to the wieght. Do you think a Monkey Admin panel is worth it on the front?

5. *Hawk*

*Hawk* Loaded Pockets

This pack is the perfect size for me. The Monkey admin pouch is well worth it for all those little things.

[​IMG]

6. Priestly

Priestly Loaded Pockets

Pretty much.

I have a FAK that leans toward the "boo-boo kit" with a few larger "absorb and compress" items in it, a fix-it pouch and a light/heat pouch. I also have an organizer that was overstuffed but is now morphing to a small tool kit. Come to think of it, maybe I don't have enough stuff in it to balance it!

The wife is going to LOVE that one! :lolhammer:

The Anenome is mounted over the right-side bottle holder. I'm taking it off though. It has my camera in it and I don't want to subject it to getting whacked (it's also a bit too small for camera).

The Admin pouch is mounted on the front. I keep trying to think of what to put in there but I don't have many things that will stay in place in the (1 1/2"?) webbing. Everything kind of slips through to the bottom, making it hard to get a hold of.

The pics you posted, JCW, are what nudged me to post. I'm not brave enough to break out the Gorilla Glue but I like the Admin ouch accessibility you have.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

Yeah those elastic straps in the Admin Pouch are a bit less useful that I thought they would be. Alot of my stuff slips down through them, kinda a :censored:.

8. speedyturtle

speedyturtle Loaded Pockets

my pf2 will be here friday, ill let you know how i organize it then.
    keep the pics coming guys im loving this thread.

9. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Priestly, what are the green and blue pouches you have in your pics?

10. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

+1 (Wondering the same thing..)

11. Madpayas0

Madpayas0 Empty Pockets

Indeed they look promising.

12. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

Me also, so 'fess up!

13. Priestly

Priestly Loaded Pockets

Sorry guys, kinda faded off of this thread.

Those are Eagle Creek Pack-It Half Cubes: http://www.eaglecreek.com/packing_solutions/packing_cubes/Pack-It-Half-Cube-41058/

Their fronts are half mess/half fabric so they're perfect for seeing what's inside when Old Timer's disease hits and you forget what's in which. :-X

I raided them from our traveling packs though and have since substituted two of these (lowest price I was able to find): http://bit.ly/eypsuo On the flipside of those pouches are the familiar "straps and snaps" of MOLLE gear.

14. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

I've got the monkey admin pouch and a county comm pouch for my cell....

[​IMG]

....and a Grid-IT in the main section along with a barnacle(fire kit) and a Lowe's cocoon pouch(1st aid)

[​IMG]

15. Priestly

Priestly Loaded Pockets

I forgot all about those Grid-It organizers. They're just what I'm looking for! Thanks, Robertrock!

16. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

This seemed the best thread to add my two cents on organizing the pack.

Just got a PF2 in the mail from a trade with speedyturtle and was very happy to discover the CC Responder fits the middle pocket like a glove! Almost as if they were designed for that purpose. After reading the dimensions from both websites, I was skeptically hopeful the two would actually fit. To quote Hannibal from the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together."