1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you organise the inside of your bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by baldenwonder, Feb 7, 2014.

1. baldenwonder

baldenwonder Loaded Pockets

Hi everyone, I haven't seen a post showing the organisation of inside bags using Molle.
    I have just received the 5.11 AH Nitro and unsure which pouches and fittings may be worth adding.
    Plus I thought it would be interesting to see inside rather than the outside.
    Please see the pic of the almost empty state ;)[​IMG]

Never underestimate the power of the dark side!

2. camit34

camit34 Loaded Pockets

Nice blank canvas there. I'm also interested in the inside, just picked up a 5.11 Moab 6 (my first EDC bag) and playing around with the stuff I carry most. Thinking accessory bags are best but will be interested in others opinions.

baldenwonder likes this.
  3. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

Man, I wish my Litespeed had molle like that on the inside! TAD used to make a molle panel for the inside, but they are rare as hens teeth and I can't find a good alternative.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

4. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qv4620wpctd9fz/Backpack_1.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55u0b7cwz85zper/Backpack_3.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu0m7m73nsftzsf/Backpack_5.JPG

(Not to steal your thread, but IF you CAN'T see / link to pics, please let me know. Just trying to share info)

Velcro was from SupplyCaptain

I had a few Maxpedition bags that were convenient with all of the molle, but the material adds to the weight. What I was looking for in a daily carry bag was a long (read: held a few more items than a wallet and keys), narrow (allowed shoulder movement while on the trail and bike riding), and light weight bag. The Camelbak Mule seemed to fit the bill. I took out the water bladder so the tube wasn't always around, but could obviously add back in when cycling. Since the Mule is a bit floppy without it, I also used the Velcro to stiffen up the bag from flopping over when set down. I have a cheap cutting board that I sized to fit in the front pocket. This keeps from destroying a few items I don't want bent in the outside pocket.

Anyways, I liked the versatility of the Velcro in the large section of the bag to help with weight distribution. If you just throw in all your stuff in the large compartment, it seems there is a sagging, bulge factor in the bag....and you end up hunching over. It also sticks out more, when it bulges out the bottom compartment, so you run into people more often. ...just better weight distribution.

If you need more info, let me know. Have a few more pics.

Good luck and regards.

Nate

GQkudzu and baldenwonder like this.
  5. baldenwonder

Nice idea Nate, I had been thinking the same about some of the organisers are quite heavy. I bought a padded mesh zipped holder from a shop called Muji and thought I could get a load more. The Velcro would work well and the black strips are Velcro on the other side ;)

6. DavefromIL

DavefromIL Loaded Pockets

Do a Google search for "FLYYE Fast EDC Back Pack Built-in MOLLE Panel + Net Bag". I would feel guilty about buying a Chinese rip-off if TAD still actually made the darn things. But they don't and it doesn't seem like they plan on doing so any time soon (if ever).

7. baldenwonder

[​IMG]
    I have started to organise the inside.
    The Molle has a torch in a holder attached.
    The front now has an organiser with:
    Sharpie pen
    Screwdriver pen
    Peter Atwood Crypto and
    Count Sporkular
    Jetscream whistle
    Streamlight nano light on a clip and safety pin
    Chapstick
    Crazy jet flame lighter
    Write in the rain notebook with pencil
    Couple packs of hand warmers.

I think this is the micro size Maxpedition.

I may add more things.

Then in the flap I have a
    Full size sharpie
    Pen
    Gotube with spare cr123 batteries
    Glow sticks
    Pack of single use superglue waiting to be added to other kits.

I'm building up a first aid kit but always carry one in my jacket as well. ;)
    (Sorry pic taken at night here)

Never underestimate the power of the dark side!

MCPOWoller and Kyle Sampson like this.
  8. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

I organized my Xray using a combination of a MOLLE panel,a Lock n Load,Chamber Pocket,a couple of Pullouts,and a couple of small Belt Pouches.

[​IMG]

You can see the black Chamber Pocket hung from the Common Loops and a white Pullout in the mesh lid pocket.

[​IMG]

With the Chamber Pocket swung up you can see the mesh Pullout hung from the center bladder loop and the top small Belt Pouch.

[​IMG]

Here it is with the mesh Pullout swung out of the way.

[​IMG]

Here is the MOLLE panel with both Belt Pouches mounted to it.

[​IMG]

Here's the view from the front access panel showing the Lock n Load # 5 secured to the bottom of the pack,along with a Maxped Fatty and an iPad Mini.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I gotta say this and my ASAP are my 2 favorite small/medium packs both offer great organizational options.

Mike

9. CNeal

CNeal Loaded Pockets

Pantac USA makes I good one. I ordered one from them before my best gal surprised me with a real TAD she got for 60 bucks on eBay. Sent the pantac back and when I returned the LightSpeed we sold the TAD molle panel for 100 on eBay. After touching the pantac I would buy it again before spending that kind of money on the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavefromIL likes this.
  10. TaylorID

TaylorID Loaded Pockets

At Carryology, we call it "Inception Packing" (after the movie... a dream inside a dream, blah blah).

Different pouches or packs inside of the main bag, each individually chosen for their specific purpose (clothing, dopp kit, etc)

tmedina and baldenwonder like this.
  11. gdanonym

gdanonym Loaded Pockets

You can put all the keychain tools on a ring and chain. Connect the chain on the top of the bag, and let the tools hang on the button.
    If you want to add something, which isn't a real keychain tool, you can ductape a paperclip onto this.

baldenwonder likes this.
  12. baldenwonder

Thank you some nice ideas here, I do like the idea of modular smaller packs that can be organised per purpose.
    This means I could switch them between bags if I wanted and empty into transparent bags quickly if at an airport check.
    Yes I could have absolutely no metal on me but will be searched without fail ;)

13. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's an old philosophy - sub-divide or sub-load your primary load by breaking down. If you're really high-speed, you can color coordinate bags for easy identification, but that seems a little "above and beyond" for most.

It can be as fancy as you like (MOLLE/PALS pouches) or as simple (shaving kit/ditty bags) as you like - depending on quantity of stuff to be organized and how much additional organization the "sub-divided" load requires. I.e. - some things can just be thrown in bag to be kept together, while a precision toolkit isn't something you want banging around with wrenches and sockets.

14. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Here is my other "favorite" pack.....my Mystery Ranch ASAP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a Kifaru mesh Pullout attached to the center hang loop by a Grimloc which I can swing out of the way to access a small Belt Pouch and Chamber Pocket mounted on the PALS field at the back of the pack.

[​IMG]

In the left sleeve pocked are 2 small Pullouts that are tethered to the left hang loop and an iPad Mini. In the right side sleeve is a Maxped Fatty and a medium Pullout is on the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike

Graylife, baldenwonder and Heavyduti like this.