1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

how do you guys carry your keychain (no deepcarry)

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by nowayitskevin, Jan 18, 2011.

1. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Seriously . These clips are top notch and extremely efficient if you use them correctly .
    Do get at least 5 of them to start with !!! >> http://www.tecaccessories.com/products/product.php?II=23 << ,^)

[​IMG]

2. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I use 2 of the 'round clips' from TEC, join them @ the closed loop with a #6 split ring from Lighthound, and that's about as compact yet removable as I have found.

~:evilgrin:

3. xxkid123

xxkid123 Loaded Pockets

carabiner with some stuff on it... i use a short 6 inch lanyard which i have hanging out of my pocket. it's easy for me to simply grab it and pull it out.

4. chrisjackson

chrisjackson Empty Pockets

5. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

I am looking to pick up one of these myself. I have slimmed down my keys a lot and this looks to be just the thing I need to get it where I want.

6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Thanks! I have been meaning to beef it up further with a section on functional lanyards, but I haven't gotten around to it, yet.

How do you connect yours, Gnarly?

In all honesty, I find these to work better than the McGizmo clips. They are easier to operate and I have yet to have the wire gate twist open on the TEC clip. Their main drawback is that they are bigger, but I don't find this to be a problem for keychains.

7. AeroNautiCal

AeroNautiCal Loaded Pockets

For more than 20 years I've used a stainless steel Secure-A-Key belt clip, which holds my keyring (with my keys held silently together by a strong rubber band).

Simple, efficient and secure.

[​IMG]

8. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

Same here brother. Been my trusty key clip for about 20 yrs too. I've got the Victorinox version, Maxpedition Keyper, as well as other similar items but this simple Secur-a-key has been my favorite.

Older photo but it shows my basic key set up.
    [​IMG]

9. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Another Secure-A-Key user here.

[​IMG]

10. Bosch007

Bosch007 Empty Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm thinking about getting some of those. Sigh. Just bought some clips that were recommended on here from enchanting beads or something. I'm including a picture. They're almost too small and nearly impossible for me to get the tools off the ring easily as the little latch is so small.

Edit: to keep on topic..here is also how I carry my keys. I'm very new and not too happy yet. I need to pick up some small split rings for my Inka, flash drive, and shard. I'm thinking about the suspension clip, which is why I'm interested in this thread.

11. edgedweapon88

edgedweapon88 Loaded Pockets

I am not a big fan of carrying my keys inside my pockets - at least pockets that I already have stuff in (flashlight, knife, wallet). I use a Maxpedition Keeper that fastens to your belt and you can then position it anywhere around your body. My prefered method is on my left side at 7 or 8 o'clock. Most of the time my keys are open carried but if I want to I can slip them into my rear left pocket. It keeps everything out of the way and in a seperate pocket. I am a righty but I carry my keys on my left side so that I can have use of my dominant hand if I need to get to open doors, minipulate another edc item or get to my firearm.

12. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I carry my keys in my back pockets; vehicle keys on left, house on right.

13. WilyCoyote

WilyCoyote Loaded Pockets

I went through the same series...Started with a Sitka, then got a Noatak, now I have a Remora...I gept going smaller because I didn't like being attached to a backpack all the time. Jury's still out on my Remora EDC, but so far I'm liking it a lot

14. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Tried out the Noatak, now waiting on a Timbuk2 Classic Messenger XS. Yup, going super small. Getting over the tactical thing, moving onto bright colors and nondescript bags.

15. Kai Winters

Kai Winters Loaded Pockets

Reminder: Vehicle ingnitions are frequently damaged by heavy key rings, etc. All that weight hanging from the cars key while in the ingnition wears the ignition over time and is frequently the cause of them failing.
    Learned that from Ron Ananian "The Car Doctor". He has the best podcast in the biz...imo.

16. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Great bag... is that the one sized for the iPad? I'm living out one myself: iPad, wall/ 12V charger, jacket/hat/gloves, water/snack, bourbon & cup, small game hunting weapon, stereo radio, survival kit, flashlight/spare AA batts, sometimes a chair strapped on for outdoor events, and a few other things....

17. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Yup, my car key detaches from the rest of the chain. I won't let anything else hang from my ignition.

Hm, Timbuk2's site says that the XS will not fit iPad, but I bet it will. Not that I have one. But the Classic Messenger will take an iPad in any size Small and up. An iPad will also fit the XS Freestyle messenger. I'm planning to use it as a summer EDC bag. FAK, useables pouch, Vic Swisstool, Nalgene 1L, and random other items.

18. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

You're right.... I do have the Freestyle XS, but it actually has the same dimensions as the as the classic XS, roughly 13x9x5.

19. Mauser

Mauser Loaded Pockets

And also carried on a carbine, but once when I have sat down it have opened, I at all haven't noticed as nearly haven't lost keys, well the passer-by has prompted. The carbine was this quite good here... http://www.rei.com/product/637116/black-diamond-small-micron-funbiner
    Since then to such a sock of keys I have lost trust.
    Now on clip in a pocket, and in extreme conditions a loop from 550 through a belt and in a pocket.

[​IMG]

or
    [​IMG]

... In a place 550 as a variant - http://edcforums.com/threads/elastic-paracord.85550/

20. Zac S.

Zac S. Loaded Pockets

Where did you hey the one in the second picture. I have been searching for this!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2