1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you guys carry your huge smart phones ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by r1dg3xrac3r, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Changchung

Changchung Loaded Pockets

I just receive this bag that is perfect to fit my Iphone 5 with a Otterbox case, big enough to hold a pair of headphones, pendrive and a pen, match with my 5.11 bag

[​IMG]

2. samotnik

samotnik Loaded Pockets

I have Samsung Galaxy Note. Carry it either in back pocket or in my backpack.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

3. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

Fits in a Maxpedition mini org

4. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I am using the Seidio Active case and holster. The Active case has save my Note 2 on to many occasions to count. Falls on concrete floors, wood floors and parkinglots have left scuff marks on the case, but the phone works and has never been damaged. The holster with clip fits well on belts and back pack straps. When I hike, there are a couple of straps on my REI Outlook 40 where I can clip the holster so the Note 2 is quickly available.

I looked at other case/holster combos and the only other considered were the Otterbox's. However the high price of of Otterbox products and the good reviews for Seidio cases made the decision to try Seidio easy.

5. Lee Bradbury

Lee Bradbury Loaded Pockets

I've got some Nokia Windows phone and it's either shoved into the jeans pocket, coat pocket or if I'm wearing my one and only fleece it goes into a radio pouch fitted into each of the hand-warmer pockets; handy as the earpiece fits through the fitted hole in the pockets for radio mikes.
    Have thought about a small pouch for the Rush 12, when I get around to it, so the phone is on one of the main straps.

dml24 likes this.
  6. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Note3 user here! Unlike some members here i refuse to carry it in my front pocket. The thing is so large that it will make walking/sitting down or any leg movement pretty much impossible w jeans being my legprotection of choice (maybe front pocket carry is possible on 12yo baggy trousers). So mine is always in whatever bag i happen to be carrying with the downside that you cannot grab it at a seconds notice. Im planning to get me a little companion for it soon enough (sony sbh52) that should fix that problem but it really isnt a very big issue for me.

dml24 likes this.
  7. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Not a huge smart phone, but I carry my iPhone 5 in a 2 piece hard case kinda like the HTC case a page or so back. It came in an accessory pack with a car charger and screen protectors. I don't use the belt clip part, just the piece with the tripod stand thing. It usually resides in right shirt pocket or cargo pants pocket.

[​IMG]

8. lefteye219

lefteye219 Loaded Pockets

I have an Iphone 5S and I use the sleeve by Mujjo while going for formal meetings at work. Otherwise I usually keep it in Speck case. Going to get an otterbox now because that thing has fallen a couple of times and everytime it falls, it makes me scared as if it wil break:p

9. ParaKING

ParaKING Empty Pockets

I made a paracord case for my iphone 4s; turned out to be too small, so I use it to carry my Leatherman and a Gerber keychain multitool. I included belt loops and a buckle. It's not that pretty, either, but form follows function for me, and any way to carry extra paracord is a winner. Right now it's in a cheap, ten-dollar case I got off of Amazon. My old Fascinate was in a 3-level, rugged case from Seidio, which is just as good imo as Otterbox.

10. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

own a Note 2 & 3. So, there really small :frantic:
    They fit in the back pocket quite well!

Lateck,

11. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

I wear 5.11 Stryke pants or Propper STL-1 pants every day. They are cargo pants that don't look especially tactical, but have lots of useful pockets, including slit pockets at the front of the thigh for carrying phones. My iPhone 5 rides nicely in them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kye4some likes this.
  12. sailscout

sailscout Empty Pockets

I've been wearing this vertical belt holster from SIMPLE.BE. They've got a bunch of different sizes available. Pretty rad stuff. MILSPEC webbing and Made in Oregon.

[​IMG]

Sniperyder and jag-engr like this.
  13. Firemission

Firemission Loaded Pockets

Samsung Note 3. With a Trident Kraken case in a custom made Tactical Tailor Pouch. I've found that the belt clips on the Trident cases, in my opinion, are not reliable and break easily. Not sure about the Otterbox. The Kraken case is outstanding as I've dropped my phone on hard surfaces with no damage. I will mention that alot of the after market pouches will not fit the larger smartphones or phablets with protective cases. Only without. Hence the reason I had a two custom cases made.

14. JayC

JayC Empty Pockets

I just put mine in my pocket and use a Spigen Neo Hybrid case.

15. BFG
    • In Omnia Paratus

BFG Loaded Pockets

16. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Welcome to Phablets. My Galaxy Note 2 resides in an Otterbox Defender. Carried on my belt most of the time when it's not on my desk.
    I the car, bluetooth enables handfree calling.

I do not like much in my pockets, and carrying a mini-tablet on my belt is not a bother. There are millions of Galaxy Notes, S4/S5, bit LGs and HTC phones, and likely the next iPhone will finally catch up with a 4.7" and perhaps a 5.5" 0r 6" versions. Most phablets a much to big to carry in pants pockets with any type of protective case. The belt location is a natural for most of us.

Let us know your solution to carrying a phablet.

17. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

In my Skinth Milky Way

[​IMG]

Measurement´s for my Samsung Galaxy S5 given to SkinthSolutions in the comment section when ordering.

tomothy23, c99camper and Melders like this.
  18. Xader

Xader EDC Junkie

My HTC One Max rides in my front pocket.

The surface area is huge, but in a TPU case, it's still thin enough to pocket carry without a phone bulge.

19. Haffner

Haffner Loaded Pockets

What is this?

20. Djs105

Djs105 Loaded Pockets

I didn't look at all 15 pages but, does anyone carry their phone in a sleeve or so something similar?