1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you fit a sling bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by IThinkTooMuch, Feb 10, 2020.

1. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

I recently started using a True Spec Trek sling bag for my daily carry bag. It's got the usual (sunglasses, FAK, contingency pouch, water bottle, etc) in it. This is my first sling pack. What's the proper way to fit the pack? I carry it low, like a satchel, but the strap doesn't seem to be designed for that type of carry...

2. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I like to carry the sling bag high on the back so the top of the bag starts on the clavicle then is angled across the back tight enough so it stays against the back.

Durandal64 and garza like this.
  3. lnytunes

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

I don't think there is a "proper" way to fit a sling bag. I think it boils down to what's comfortable for you. I usually use a Chrome Kadet when I go on trips and wear it across my my back like SOS24, but it's loose enough for me so that I can swing it to the front to have access to the gear when I need it.

garza and Wishoot like this.
  4. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Both low and high.

For extended walking or hikes, I wear it high to keep the weight off my lower back. For quick trips , I wear a bit lower and looser for faster access.

5. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I wear my slings high on my back. Keeps it secure and still easy to swing around to access it. I wear my messengers the same way.