1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you EDC emergency cash outside wallet?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Pilotsupergrip, Oct 27, 2015.

1. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I give it to my wife. Good luck getting it from her!!

Gary Gross, Tesla and Stormdrane like this.
  2. jbraman

jbraman Loaded Pockets

Ha! Fair enough.

3. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I still use my shoe wallet from time to time.
    [​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.
  4. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I have a cache belt with some cash in and I used it today. I forgot my wallet and needed to buy some stuff and it meant that I could, although I did get some funny looks digging it out in the hardware store.

I also have an added pocket on the inside of my trousers, between the pocket lining and the leg that is just big enough for some cash and a copy of my passport if I'm abroad.

5. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

Empty chapstick tube.

6. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

I'd like to see about a belt with a hollow in it to allow dollar coins.. SInce I'm a size XX beefy burrito, should be able to keep 40 bucks in coins in it.. If anyone makes such a fashion piece..

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

That should make life interesting getting through myriad of metal detectors...! Yeah, at the airport you take off a belt anyway. But I've never seen where at (for instance) government buildings (e.g. courthouses) or stadiums you have to do that. But coins in the belt might get a wee bit interesting. Just sayin'!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

8. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

I can get the butt enhancing clothing item that some women use, stuff it with dolla coins and call it ButCoins.. (TM).. Naa, but really.. I've seen belts at the rodeo in Houston with decorative coins somehow adhered to the outside of a belt.. Plus the dish sized belt buckle that doubles as a cooking surface or hasty shield..

Moshe ben David likes this.
  9. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

some interesting ideas here. I keep enough money to solve a problem, and I see that as $100 these days. in addition to my "walking around money" there's a $100 tucked in my wallet for emergencies, surprises, etc. There's second wallet hidden in my truck with copies of cards I may need but not in a hurry, like insurance and crap. additional cash there.

I would also very strongly suggest you all keep like $1k or so in cash in the safe at home. Not for emergencies (but it does help) but also for quick money kind of deals. i've scored a couple great prices on guns because I was able to come up with cash in a hurry on a day the bank was closed :0

10. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I was at a friend's consignment store and a customer just bought a men's wallet. He pulled out a folded up bill from inside. It was a $100.00, surprise!

11. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

€20 behind drivers license in wallet, so trick myself as it's out of sight for me, which seems to work pretty well :rolleyes_revamped:

When traveling I will have a second ("mugger") wallet with some bills and several coins, which usually helps me out when I forgot to withdraw money from the ATM. Is refilled quickly to keep it's function.

Gary Gross likes this.