1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you EDC earbuds?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Nerdprepper, Jun 7, 2015.

1. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I keep mine (JBL) in the case they came with. It works great.

2. Nerdprepper

Nerdprepper Loaded Pockets

Nice!

snowkiwi likes this.
  3. Diesel Weasel

Diesel Weasel Loaded Pockets

Check eBay for "earbud case". There's several nice options for under $3 shipped. Right now I use a little phone pouch or the metal tin my buds came in. I use a very old iPod shuffle that fits pretty much everywhere. If my earbuds fit, that thing fits. I had a pretty good set up in a mini altoids tin for awhile.

4. masofnos

masofnos EDC Junkie!!!

Or you could be different from everyone else and put them in this:

[​IMG]

A kangaroo scrotum lol

Sriracha likes this.
  5. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

I have earbuds/headphones all over the place. It's very quite where I work and no music means no concentration for me. I have a couple pair folded up (align the jack and the buds and fold in half, repeat to desired size) and retained with a ranger band from a road bike tube. It works pretty well, I try to keep the band on the cord when in use. I keep 1 pair in an admin pouch and one pair that is in my pocket, in use or in the pouch. It's a new set up but working pretty well so far. A bigger diameter tube might work better I think I'm using a 18-23mm (inflated diameter) tube section. A 25mm range would probably be easier to put on.

C.Boland93 likes this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Loaded Pockets

I carry mine in the Shure pouch that came with the ear buds. I like that it has a mesh pocket inside to hold the spare foam buds. No need to look for another solution as this one works so well.

7. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I also use the Nite Ize Curvyman Cord Supervisor.

8. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Loaded Pockets

I have a cheap pair of ear buds that wrap over your ear. I wrap around my fingers and stick in altoids can. I have a new pair that are to stick in your ear with a mic for making calls. So far not liking them so far. Hard to keep in my ears.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

9. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

For my corded ones, I just wrap them up like a rope: A bunch of wraps around 2 fingers starting with the ear buds, 4 or five turns around the bundle, and tuck the jack through the center. I'm still working out a way to carry my new BT ear buds. ATM I have them loosely coiled, held with a lapel clip, and dropped into a glasses pouch.

10. DEERLORD

DEERLORD Loaded Pockets

I"m absolutley in love with the leather coinpurse idea, right now I just use the case my skull candys came in but as those guys are looking a little worse for wear (several years of use, I think they've held up pretty well considering) so I have some new ones on the way. No experience with them personally but reviews are positive and I got a hell of a deal on massdrop. If they are a bit bigger or if I were a bit concerned about packing them too tightly I've thought about using A large humangear Gotubb, I have both sizes and those things are awesome :D

11. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

I keep one pair in a mini altoids tin in my Maxped "wallet" and an Apple branded pair that came with my iPhone in my EDC bag in the little plastic container it came in.

[​IMG]

12. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

Try wrapping it along the walls of the inside of the tin untill you get to the actual speakers which you can rest in the middle. My JVCs fit perfect in a mini altoids tin when I trace the walls from the jack to the speakers. It won't fit if it's just bunch it up.

13. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

I finally found this thing. I bought a Quirky cable manager from Best Buy for $1. It didn't quite work for me so I took a pair of clippers to it. I shortened it up, added cut outs for the ear buds and a notch for the plug. The remote nestles nicely into the body of the Quirky as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This all rolled up goes in my pocket. It takes a few seconds to get it out and put it all away but it works pretty well for me.

Sent when I probably should have been doing something else.

nr73 likes this.
  14. Nerdprepper

Nerdprepper Loaded Pockets

I like it!

15. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

Turns out the little curve at the top and bottom is critical. I shortened it twice, adding the curve back in the second time.

16. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I keep mine in the backpack. I have honestly only used then at work when the boss plays his music in the morning.

17. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

Pioneer and JVC headphones come with their own cases and they look pretty chic and keep the wire from tangling.I have 3 already, but rarely use them.

18. comeonbabylightmyfire

comeonbabylightmyfire Loaded Pockets

My three solutions: the bottom Sennheiser PX 100s are for when I'm away, the iPhone 6+ ear buds are for general EDC. The ones on the Nitize 'curvyman' clip to my bag or jacket for whenever I'm commuting or travelling locally.

[​IMG]headphone choices

19. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Mine EDC themselves in a big, giant knot.

20. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I have a pair in an Altoids tin. There's a newer tin that's a tall squared cylinder and if you fold them up and put them in right they come out untangled.