1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you EDC earbuds?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Nerdprepper, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Nerdprepper

Nerdprepper Loaded Pockets

I know a lot of people like carrying earbuds to listen to music, as do I, but how to you guys carry them? Do you just throw them wrapped up in a pocket or is there a good case for them that is easy to carry?

ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Mini Altoids tin

3. nr73

nr73 Loaded Pockets

Either in an altoids tin or pocket organiser pouch, or any available pouch in my laptop bag. I've accumulated plenty of iPhone earphones over the years and although I don't particularly like them (they don't stay in for me) they are good enough that I can scatter them around my edc.

I use that double sided Velcro cut into short 5" strips to wrap around them and keep from tangling.

4. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

I have my LG G2 earbuds that have a flat 3mm cable so it doesn't tangle at all. I just throw them in the front pocket of my Eastpak when I need to carry them

5. Nerdprepper

I have tried that with a slightly larger non-Altoids tin, and the earbuds I did that will broke form being so tightly bunched up.

Gilatabar likes this.
  6. Nerdprepper

Yea, the earbuds that come with a phone usually aren't the best. I like the Velcro strap idea. I also have seen a product on amazon called the Budsband that is a cable wrap that stays on the cable when not in use, but it is a bit expensive for a piece of rubber.

Gilatabar likes this.
  7. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Eek! The mini tin works well for the last generation Apple buds which terminate in a pretty tight right angle. What sort of buds are you trying to fit?

(I don't have many other sorts of earbuds...I prefer over-the-ear cans whenever possible...)

fourSAK, Rasthor and Gilatabar like this.
  8. Nerdprepper

I pu
    I was using a old style pair of Samsung earbuds that came with my galaxy player. Maybe they were just crappy quality. I now have several decent quality pairs. You can get some pretty good deals on earbuds at stores like Tj Maxx.

Gilatabar and kd7dvd like this.
  9. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Either this one;
    [​IMG]
    or i stuff em in with my spare pair of glasses....

photoboy2005 likes this.
  10. GearHunter

GearHunter Loaded Pockets

Been using this for years. Pretty sure this was from some fancy soap the wife got as a gift from someone...

11. GearHunter

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Oops forgot to post the pics above!

folly-17, Maze, monkeemoves and 3 others like this.
  12. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

My AKG over ears came with a dedicated hard case, so if I am going to be travelling much they go in that (or for short times, they just go in the top of my bag)

My in ears stay in a small camera hard case that was bought for a camera I no longer own - quite a nice neat way to carry the headphones and a small mp3 player like an iPod nano.

13. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I carry mine in the Shure case that came with them. It's big enough to carry my hearing aid too, so handy.

14. Nerdprepper

I really li
    I really like that! It even includes a charger cable. Do you carry this in your pocket or in a bag?

15. photoboy2005

photoboy2005 Loaded Pockets

I have some ultimate ears 350s right now that I uses, as well as some skullcandy 50/50s (now called titan). They both came with a case so I am using those currently. BUT, I am going to get a pair of Shure 535 IEM, and I am going to get a Saddleback Leather coin purse to put them in.

16. Fish

Fish Loaded Pockets

I have a set of iPhone earbuds at my desk at work and in my backpack. Both are in the case they came in since they are well protected and keeps them nice and untangled. Little bulky, but right now its not a problem.

Ive read and seen how to keep the earbuds in, since I too have a problem sometimes with them falling out, and that goes for all earbuds.

One is wrapping the cord around your ear and that will help make it stay. Ive tried that with success. Another if you are more active, is using either twist ties, or paper clips wrapped with a small tube (I forget what the name of said tube is) will help keep them in.

I use that double sided Velcro cut into short 5" strips to wrap around them and keep from tangling.[/quote]

Yeah, I dont know if I could spend money on a free or something that costs around $10 just to keep them in my ear. You are better off getting better headphones at that point.

The sound quality from the Apple ones are pretty :censored: good when it comes to them coming for free. Hence why I havent bothered with other headphones when it comes to being moble.

17. GearHunter

I keep them in my bag. Carried them like this for years with no problems.

18. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use the little Nite Eyes thing that looks like a person?

The thing has little slits for the cable and you wrap it around the body and the ends tuck into the slits. There is a mini biner to clip the buds themselves to and to hang it in a bag.
    Easier to see than describe!

Works OK but I can not stand wearing headphones of any kind really!

I have to for emcomm work so I had to find a decent method of carry though.

19. .Ed

.Ed Loaded Pockets

I carry the Samsung earphones that came with my S5 but they aren't great.
    They're always loose in my right hand cargo pocket of my work trousers. They have been through the wash once lol.

20. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

I keep my backup ones In a small soft net bag they came in, with a lightning cable and 2 ear plugs. They are just Logitech with a mic and iPhone controls.
    But it's all small enough and soft enough to fit comfortably in my front LHS coin pocket of my pants.
    I forget they are there unless I forget my Bluetooth (LG HB700s) ear buds or charge cable.
    My Bluetooth ear buds are designed to hide under my collar out of sight until needed.