1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Do You EDC a Change of Clothes?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by aswan, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Cdunbar29

Cdunbar29 Loaded Pockets

keep a full uniform in one of the under armor drawstring bags with a spare pair of boots shock corded in my trunk. another is in my shop. got 2 sets within like 100 yards from me. a lil overkill

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

A lot of you guys are so organized. I keep a full change of basic clothes in an old cheap duffle bag in my truck. yes, used it once.

3. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I keep a pair of gym shorts, tshirt, and socks in a Tom Bihn packing cube in my car bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dlongmuir

dlongmuir Loaded Pockets

I keep a average sized nike black duffle bag to carry the close i have in my car. How i rotate the close pertains to the season, the things that are normally in there are just a pair of jeans a tshirt a hoodie and socks. since it is winter i have added an extra pair of socks (thick wool ski socks) a winter hat and gloves and a thicker jacket, ive also got some basic edc stuff in the bag too...extra phone charger, small first aid kit, an extra pocket knife, a regular hat as well as the winter hat.
    Perhaps i will post pics of my trunk edc soon.

Excuse typos im sending this on my phone

5. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Hmmm ... I'm liking the vacuum seal idea. Hadn't thought of vacuum sealing clothes. I usually just roll them up and put them in my GHB.

I carry cold weather gear in a small plastic tote during the winter and toss in a pair of insulated boots.

6. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

Just keep a spare set cached in my filing cabinet at work, along with a few bottles of water and cans of food, toothbrush, and otc meds.

7. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

One change in my truck vacuum packed in a food saver bag.. Figured that was the best, not worried about wrinkles because if I'm using it I either pooped myself, got soaked, or tore a hole in something.. So better a few wrinkles that the original situation.

8. Hawkeye16

Hawkeye16 Loaded Pockets

I keep some clothes for the gym, and some for cold weather (during the winter) in large Ziploc bags compressed in my EDC pack. I also carry some travel toiletries. They have been useful on days I work out at work and forget underwear or deodorant at home :)

9. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Eagle Creek Pack-it Compression Sacs -- basically large Ziploc bags with a batch of one way valves at one end. Put your clothes in, seal it, and then roll it from zip end towards valve end to force the air out. It isn't quite as compact as using something like a food saver, but it has a huge advantage in reusability: immediately compressing what is coming off and sealing it off from everything else, or just not having to break the food saver back out when you get home.

Plus it minimizes the risk of passing out that comes with the Ziploc and straw method.

10. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

Underwear and Shocks are all that i carry in my bag.

11. Wolfhound0023

Wolfhound0023 Loaded Pockets

I keep a 2 pair of socks, 1 t-shirt, 2-par underwear, 1 pair ACU bottoms & belt, rain jacket, fleece pullover, work gloves, in a get home bag in my truck.

12. Elduka

Elduka Loaded Pockets

Yep. I keep my spare clothes in a dry sack in the main compartment of my bag

13. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

If I have anything it's probably just a pair of socks tossed in my bag du jour. Sometimes I'll have a T-shirt and/or sweat shorts as well. I have a couple changes of clothes at my office for when I need to go visit customers (or when my boss visits) and need to be presentable and in company attire.

I do really like the idea of vacuum packed clothing though! For long term storage that would be hard to beat. I've done the ziploc thing and it works well enough. With some careful folding you can get an entire lightweight outfit in a gallon zipper bag and squeeze most of the air out. Same with a small space bag,, you don't have to use a vacuum, you can just squish the air out.

14. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just remember to change your clothing out once in awhile and make sure that its appropriate for the weather.

Flip flops and a t-shirt is not appropriate for snow

15. Maximus-the-Professor

Maximus-the-Professor Loaded Pockets

During the warm seasons I always carry extra socks, underwear, and shirt. During the winter, thick socks, and thermal shirt and underwear. The long johns I've water proofed from the knee down in case I have to trek through snow (never know, works well with my boots). I want to vacuum pack, but since I don't have a way to do that, I put the spare clothes in an old pillow case and stuff it into my pack I keep in the car.

16. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

17. Locomoco

Locomoco Loaded Pockets

As far as clothes in my EDC bag, I've really tried to pare down what I have in terms of weight. The only thing in terms of extra clothing I have right now is a rolled up light anorak. My car holds significantly more though. I have a dry bag with 2 days worth of clothing including underwear and an extra pair of hiking shoes.

18. pelicularities
    • In Omnia Paratus

pelicularities Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a change of clothes in my bag. I don't have a car. I live in NYC. What I do is I keep a change of clothes in my locker at the gym - if I have to, I pop in, take a shower, get out, and bring an extra set of clothes the next time I go to the gym.

19. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

I also have a sea to summit dry bag with wool socks, merino wool base layer, shirt (seasonal) and pair or pants (some sort of cargo/shooter pants)

20. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

If it is long-term leave in the car you can use a vacuum bag as suggested earlier and those moisture absorbing silica packets. Between the two shouldn't have much issue with mold or mildew. Before you close the bag to seal it, throw in a couple scented dryer sheets.