1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you do it in dress clothes?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by ThurstyUSMC, Oct 22, 2015.

1. mrdabble

mrdabble Loaded Pockets

If forgot to quote you so that you may see my response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

Back when I was a working Detective, I wore a Sig P220 behind my right hip an extra mag behind my left hip my badge in front of the gun, my wallet in the LR pocket and a Peanut in my RF pocket. That's it. Nowadays I carry nothing in my back pockets due to sciatic nerve damage and a gun behind the hip is also out of the question. Getting old sucks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ran23 and malraux72 like this.
  3. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I only get dressed up for weddings and funerals. I'm also already a minimalist EDC guy and I live in the Canadian nanny state that doesn't believe citizens should be allowed to protect themselves so a gun isn't an option for EDC. All that makes it easy enough.

RL: Keys; house, truck, mail, fob, titanium thingy. Maybe my little Fenix flashlight if I remember it.

RF: Phone. Victorinox single blade folder (dunno what model it is, but it's not a SAK).

I never put anything in my back pockets.

Inside jacket pocket: Driver's licence, credit card, debit card, $100 cash. I'm planning to pick up one of Saddleback's sleeve wallets (once our peso is a little less worthless compared to Freedom Dollars)

That's it.

4. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I rarely wear dress clothes but when I do have to I carry:
    FL phone
    FR Vic spartan, keys, wallet (a business card holder that's only maybe 3-4mm thick)
    LB usually empty
    LR hank

Then I shove the rest of it in my jacket:
    Pen
    Notebook
    Meds
    Chapstick
    Anything else I need

I find a full inside jacket pocket is less noticeable than bulging pants

Moshe ben David likes this.
  5. Jabez Branderham

Jabez Branderham Loaded Pockets

I think I've had a bit of a break-through in my carry methods for business casual attire. I know it's a bit unusual for business casual, but I've worn boots since high school, so I've been wearing them with my work khakis, too. Instead of chunky-soled loggers, though, they're more subdued.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H0Q75C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Recently, I needed to free up some pocket space for other items, so I just started tucking my pocket knife and spare magazine into the tops of my boots. It has worked pretty well, so far. They stay in place, and I forget they're there. No problems accessing them, or returning them, aside from having to stoop down. I would look a bit Dwight Schrute pulling a knife out of the top of my boot, though, but I can use my SAK for most tasks, so that's alright.

MedusaOblongata likes this.
  6. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

When in suit - ankle wear.

Mudinyeri likes this.
  7. Datu

Datu Loaded Pockets

Wow. Some carry a lot. I'm in a suit or tux several times a month. I'm simple. What I can't carry goes into a saddleback small ( rare) briefcase. Sticky holster, or IWB. Glock 26 or Kimber Micro 9. Fenix, and other paraphernalia in the bag. The bag is small so it's just right.

8. Tokyodrftr

Tokyodrftr Loaded Pockets

I only wear suits, this is what I carry on my person. Everyday when I leave the house [​IMG][​IMG]

Water-Rat and HVACn00b like this.
  9. Tokyodrftr

But I generally carry a brief case and it holds what else I need. [​IMG]

Water-Rat likes this.
  10. HVACn00b

HVACn00b Loaded Pockets

What handgun is that ?

11. Tokyodrftr

HVACn00b likes this.
  12. HVACn00b

HVACn00b Loaded Pockets

Soo thanks a lot... you’ve successfully been my first edc forums peer pressure salesman haha.
    Spoke with the dealer back home, it’ll be here Thursday and I’ll grab it Saturday when I’m off work for the week...
    went with the RIA Tac ultra carry in .45

13. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Lost a bit of weight so I bought a whole new wardrobes plus 3 suits in slim fit sizes. Cell phone in inside lap pocket of the jacket, pen in inside chest pocket. Minimal wallet/ card holder in back pocket. Secretary Alox and AAA Maratac in in leather sleeve front right. Car key fob and some cash in a zippered pouch clipped to a belt loop and tuck in the waist band 6 o’clock position. Larger folder, bigger flashlight, house keys, iPad, extra pens and markers, notebook and Altoid tin first aid kit all go in my messenger style bag. Although the bag had slim profile it can still fit a 1/2 inche rings binder couple of Manila folders for the stuff I’m working on.

Moshe ben David and ran23 like this.
  14. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

When I dropped 5 suits sizes, wish I could have ended up in a slim cut, stupid big stomach of mine. What messenger bag did you go with? Great Job losing the pds.

Adam Ng likes this.
  15. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Thank you. I only shed 17 pounds so not as big a jump in size. My waist went from 34+ to 32-30. I had this black canvas with leather trim bag by Coach as a gift years ago. Not a fan of brand name logos all over the item but it is quite subdued.

ran23 likes this.
  16. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

I don't unless it is on my keychain or can fit comfortably in my pocket.