1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you conceal your weapon?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by antman157, May 13, 2009.

1. FRagman1967

FRagman1967 Loaded Pockets

I do too. I hate Glocks, though I have owned two.
    I just hate the feel. Give me steel or aluminum any day.
    My buddy on the AK Forum calls polymer frame guns the "fast food of the gun world"

2. mlandolt8

mlandolt8 Empty Pockets

I guess the two factors that keep showing up are:

1: Body size/type
    2: What you trying to conceal

I'm 5'6" and 160lbs. I needed one size larger pants to make it fit comfortably. Personally, I can't imagine carrying some of these larger weapons day in/out. I carry a Kel-Tec PF9 in a JMG Holster IWB. I wear it small of back with the grip reversed (lefty holster for a righty operator) For my setup I found it conceals much better than several other holsters I own (although it might be slower to retrieve). My advice is start with a handgun that was designed to be concealed, it makes everything else easier.

3. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

6' and 200 lbs .. I am concealing a G26 .. I am trying to find the best IWB holster .. Right now I just have a Uncle Mikes holster that is not a concealed holster. A lot of times my G26 rides to work with me in my Maxped Fatboy

4. protaganis

protaganis Loaded Pockets

It all depends on the situation and required dress code. Drover coats are rarely acceptable in a business setting, but for a day of shopping, a couple of big dudes in them, flanking a primary will generally discourage the curious.
    In suit: Right shoulder holster for the auto with left side magazines, black LA police gear B.O.B. with holster in the velcro slash pocket (plus any of the primaries meds, first aid kit and a couple of bottles of water).
    Casual Dress: Right Shoulder holster with left magazine holders, Small of back revolver. All concealed with med. weight jacket or winter coat.
    Actively Hostile (Rarest situation, commonly in wilder areas): Left leg assault rig for the auto, right hip belt holster for the revolver (reversed for left handed user) and Slung PLR-16 or Mossberg 500 (though I wouldn't exactly call that concealed).

All it comes down to is how to most effectively blend the sidearm into the background of whatever you're wearing, without hindering it's effective deployment. Whatever works for you, run with it. Also, grab a decent jacket that fits the current weather conditions and you add another layer of obscurement. Just remember to practice your draw with whatever you're going to wear, nothing more embarrassing (or deadly) than having the gun hang-up on a snap or loop when you need it most.

5. dlcrouch

dlcrouch Loaded Pockets

i'm a lefty and carry a XD9 in a Tucker Silent Thunder - leather lined kydex. I carry it at 09:00 with a forward cant and it conceals pretty well.

6. 3fgburner

3fgburner Loaded Pockets

FEG PA63 in a fairly high-riding paddle holster, under an Outback vest. Also, Kel-Tec P3AT either in hip pocket with clip, or in the gun compartment of my fanny pack.

7. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Glock G21, full size Kimber, Kahr K9, CZ-75 all strong side hip FBI cant either in Mitch Rosen or Galco leather. Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380 right rear pocket in a Ted Blocker Pocket Holster.

8. mjmcdowell

mjmcdowell Empty Pockets

................ You do not want to know............ :) MjMcDowell

9. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Your probably right ... LOL

10. redawg

redawg Loaded Pockets

I'm 6" 180lbs and currently carry a Ruger LCP in a Nemesis in the right front pocket. I'm researching IWB holsters for my XD 45 Compact. Might retrofit the flat pocket on my 5.11 S.E.R.E. pack w/some velcro to accommodate a 5.11 back-up holster.

11. rhkirk1

rhkirk1 Empty Pockets

I almost always carry my Kel-Tec P-32 in an uncle Mikes pocket holster. Occasionaly I carry my Taurus PT709 Slim in a Kholster. I like this setup, but I don't like the smooth side of the leather against my body because it makes it real slick and I can't keep my pants up :shocked:

12. Neo9710

Neo9710 Loaded Pockets

I have had a rack of different in the pants holsters and Im about your size. I didnt like any of them. Went right back to my pancake holster on the side. Dress around the gun...And Ive been carrying my Glock 26 for 12 1/2 years..

13. Jbum

Jbum Loaded Pockets

TTgunleather both IWB and OWB.

14. Hoverman

Hoverman Loaded Pockets

I'm 5'9 and about 170. I alternate between the Desantis SSS (already mentioned, a C-Tac, and an Underarmour holster-t Like This or This. It is Very comfortable. Black or white, Crew Neck or V-Neck. G23, and a spare mag and with a loose fitting shirt the only one that knows its there is my wife. And pretty secure too.