1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Carry Your Phone.

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Kev2488, Apr 20, 2019.

1. koni

koni Loaded Pockets

cross draw or lefty?

2. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I carry it on my left side and generally use it from there as well.

3. Mark Cassian

Mark Cassian Empty Pockets

I use an open-top, single M4/M16 magazine pouch by Condor. It has MOLLE straps that can be attached to any belt. That said, my phone is usually carried locked in the trunk of my car. My greatest hope is that the battery goes dead before I have to answer the damned thing. Texting is disabled. I have never taken a selfie.

Phone make/model?
    Don't know/Don't care.

neo71665 and Moshe ben David like this.
  4. Abhi Beckert

Abhi Beckert Empty Pockets

Even though I use it far more than most people, my phone isn’t a “carry” item for me - as much as possible it’s something I have nearby.

I have a smart watch to read messages or check caller id for an incoming call (by default I prefer to call people back later but I can also answer on the watch if it’s important and I can’t get to the phone).

When I do carry it, I go with a left pocket.

I’m currently transitioning away from jeans to modern work pants with thin/light ripstop fabric and several discrete pockets. With these pants I keep the phone in a pocket above/to the left of the knee and the traditional left pocket is usually empty (I find having a phone there restricts movement too much, but I will use it if there’s no other left pocket).

5. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Like others, my method of carrying my cell phone varies with what mode of dress I'm in. In the mornings, I'm usually in athletic attire because I go to the gym 5-6 days a week, so I won't have many pockets. So I will be carrying my phone in either my sackpack or my EDC bag during the summer. Of course during the winter, I'll have a jacket to carry my phone with. At work, since I work in the police department, I'm wearing 5.11 trousers and polo shirt, but I don't like the way my phone gets all out of place in my cargo pocket, so I use a Maxpedition CP-L phone/radio holster. So in work clothes, it's ok to use a holster and doesn't look dorky. Off duty, I'll carry it in a cargo jeans or cargo shorts.

[​IMG]

brokenoldman and Moshe ben David like this.
  6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I'm surprised that more companies haven't explored the thigh/knee pocket option on casual or semi-casual work pants - it is a comfortable, discreet location and doctors have suggested that you absorb the least radiation from your phone in this location (especially when carried screen-in). Ideally, I'd like to see such a pocket be made of an elastic material that holds the phone in place so that it doesn't flop around and twist around sideways.

7. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I'm a lefty, but I carry my phone on my right side and draw it with my right hand.

8. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I'm right handed and carry my phone on my left. Something more important is hidden on the right side.

9. recklesstryg

recklesstryg Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I made a kydex holster with belt loops and a holster for my Gerber Centerdrive with an articulatible hinge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jag-engr likes this.
  10. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

In my pocket. Don't like belt holsters. They restrict movement

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Tesla likes this.
  11. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Gotta put mine in a holster. My pocket real estate is much too valuable to carry a phone. For the past several years I've been swapping between 3 custom built holsters. One elephant and 2 cow.

recklesstryg and jag-engr like this.
  12. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

Left front pocket. It's usually the only thing in there so it's not a problem.

ran23 likes this.
  13. recklesstryg

recklesstryg Loaded Pockets

I made mine with movement in mind. It is low profile and flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.B. likes this.
  14. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Personally, I find that a phone in a front pocket restricts movement far more than a belt holster. A phone in a back pocket isn't cumbersome, but is in the way when sitting. A have a few pairs of pants with a thigh pocket, which is a great place to put a phone, but, except for those pants, I find that a belt holster is less cumbersome than trying to carry a phone in my pocket. YMMV.

CatsTide likes this.