1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Carry Your Phone.

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Kev2488, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Kev2488: I do not have a iPhone or similar; but I do have an iPod Touch. I bought a case via Amazon that is a hard shell case and which includes a belt clip. This case is frankly a 'looks like' (I don't say a clone because I doubt it is that close a copy) of an Otterbox type case. It is made by an outfit called i-Blason; looks to me like they have products for many devices. For my 6th generation iPod Touch the case was about $16. You might want to take a look on Amazon to see what is available for your phone...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Lifeproof case and screen protector, in a shirt pocket.

Kev2488 likes this.
  3. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Hot pink Speck case. I received as a gift from my niece who setup Siri to call me “poopy diaper” since Siri and I are friends. The humor of a 4th grader.

4. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

She probably knows how to us the phone better than you lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

garza likes this.
  5. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Her 5 year old brother turned on the assisted touch features. It took some googling to learn how to turn off those features off. The phone vibrated when I picked it up.

HarryD and Kev2488 like this.
  6. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

My 4 year old boy knows how to use my Xbox controller and shoot the guns

garza likes this.
  7. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Out of curiosity, those of you that don't carry your phone in your pocket, why not? Is it an issue of it getting damaged or falling out, or is it just a preference thing?

I've always carried my phone in my front left pocket. I do have a screen protector but so that it doesn't get too scratched up, I don't carry anything that's likely to scratch it (keys, change etc) in that pocket and I turn my phone so that the screen is against my leg and everything else is behind it. I have beaten up my phone a lot, there's a lot of damage to the plastic body but the screen is fine so I don't care

joshwhoha likes this.
  8. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I think it depends on what you do everyday. I'm an HVAC installer, so I'm constantly bending down, picking things up getting into tight spots and I carry stuff in my pockets, between my keys, my flashlight, my Swiss army knife(s) earplug and whatever else I have no room in the front pocket. I do carry back pocket recently because my current phone case doesn't have a clip. Most all new phones are totally made of glass which seems stupid to me but having that I'm my front pocket just seems like I'm more likely to damage it. I've gone 5 years and 2 phones without a cracked screen doing belt carry.

kikaida likes this.
  9. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

I had one of those copies for my old iPhone 4s many years ago. When I received it I put toilet paper inside and immersed it in a bowl of water for a while. Paper stayed dry. However my colleague bought same case and made same test, it leaked from several spots. That was supposed to be "waterproof" case. Something we both wanted since any pocket and rain while motorcycling is a bad place for a phone :)

Speaking of current devices, my iPhone 8 has Spigen Ultra Hybrid case. Tempered glass protector (cheapest I can find online) on the front. It is just a bumper case, very thin. I ordered that same case for the 8+ I bought today.

Earlier I did not have any case, only glass protector on both phones. The thing is, these phones are slippery especially if skin on hands is dry. So I managed to break one phone by throwing it on asphalt next to my car. Since then I've had some kind of cover that gives me grip and lately I've been using cases that provide QI wireless charging for my iPhone sixess.

I carry both phones in my right front pocket, facing each other. That's where the screen protectors come in, I replace them quite often since there is usually some sand particles etc that grinds between phones when I walk and the glass scratches eventually.

Left pocket is for keys, flashlight and everything else. I once mixed a phone and a titanium flash drive in same pocket for a little while and that display was done forever. Too bad it did not have a protector back then.

The case in question:

Moshe ben David likes this.
  10. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

No, wait - you mean you'll be super cool like jag-engr, right? :unsure:

11. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I have always carried my cell phone on my belt (and screen in to minimize radiation), unless I am wearing pants or shorts with a thigh pocket (which is pretty rare).

Currently, I am using a TurtleBack horizontal phone holster. The TurtleBack holsters are a little over-built, but they will outlast the phone. They have sturdy clips, magnetic closure, and are available in any color you want, as long as that color is black.

While I like the Turtleback well enough, I am always on the look-out for a slimmer, more svelte solution (to the extent that a belt holster can be svelte).

neo71665, Kev2488 and Moshe ben David like this.
  12. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I have the Turtleback website bookmarked on my browser, I just think about buying one and never go through with it.

13. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I have both the horizontal holster with the fixed clip and a vertical holster with a swiveling clip. I much prefer the horizontal holster with the fixed clip - it is more comfortable, more stable, and less noticeable.

Kev2488 likes this.
  14. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

For the curious....

ATB,
    Sam

aicolainen and jag-engr like this.
  15. Foulwind

Foulwind Loaded Pockets

Iphone 7+ pocket carry front left. Don't use back pocket cuz I don't want to sit on phone.

16. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I have a shoulder bag from Waterfield, and it´s surely good quality. I´m not a shoulder bag guy, but this one is staying for sure.
    There is a pic and use case description of it here Aicolainen's EDC and more

Anyways, regarding phone carry, I´m not as cool as @jag-engr just yet. I have always carried my phones in my right front pocket, with no protection at all. Now a days it usually have to share pocket space with my knife, but they seem to get along just fine down there without beating to much on each other.
    I´ll admit that my last two phones where replaced because of crushed glass, and my current one is going down for the same reason, so on my next one I´ll try one of those slim silicone bumpers. Even though I don´t have to pay form my phones, I think it is a really unnecessary expence for my company, and a just as unnecessary burden on the environment. If adding just a little more bulk in the form of a silicone protector could extend the lifespan of my phones, it´s very much worth it.

jag-engr likes this.
  17. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I just put it in my pocket. Holsters don't work for me. I'm always bumping them on something or they fall off. They look dorky too since I'm neither over 50 years old nor a dad. :rofl:

At home it's on the table, counter or tossed into a corner somewhere. On a weekend, it's probably dead as well. I'm not attached to my phone, so I generally ignore it.

At work it stays in my lunchbag. I'm a welder. A phone anywhere outside of my lunch bag would be destroyed, not not directly by heat, sparks, impact etc, then it would be destroyed by the dust and metal filings in the air.

In my truck, I have a Scosche magnetic mount that works well in town. It doesn't work worth a crap though once I get on a rough road of any sort so I just toss the phone in the center console then.

18. koni

koni Loaded Pockets

I carry a kyocera duraforce pro in a random pocket. IP68 (waterproof up to 30 minutes, up to 2 meters deep) and Military Standard 810G to defend against dust, shock, vibration, no case needed.

Moshe ben David and Kev2488 like this.
  19. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Moshe ben David, rdisom and Kev2488 like this.
  20. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

In an Otterbox on an Otterbox clip at 11 o’clock on my belt.

Kev2488 likes this.