1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your multi-tool and what else you carry?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Scribble, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

I have always carried a single blade knife clipped in a pocket and am thinking of getting a new multi tool but not sure how to carry it. I always carry the knife, pen, lighter and phone in right pocket. The left pocket carries my 2 medium sized key sets and an olight s1a light.

I

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Generally I carry mine in a belt sheath or in my bag. Only exception being a keychain size, e.g., LM Squirt PS4, which of course (drumroll....wait for it....) hangs on a keychain.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Sorry but I don't like multi tools. An sak, fine. When it comes to tools I like dedicated tools. This is just the opinion of a construction worker

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

KD5JHA likes this.
  4. Bdon

Bdon Loaded Pockets

I would say it depends on what type of multitool you are gonna buy. Something like a Skeletool or a sidekick fit nicely in place of a pocket knife.
    IMO I feel like a wave , surge, Gerber MP or ST300 are too big for front pocket carry. Something like a rebar could be put on a pocket dangler successfully. The rear I would say belt carry them or maybe a cargo pocket.
    That's just my opinion though.

5. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Different ways at different times and purposes. For just out and around, I carry a Leatherman Juice S2 by dangler from belt in LF pocket, right behind wallet. There, it doesn’t make a fuss and I can forget about it until needed. In watch pocket, I have a SAK Manager clipped to a Photon micro-light, and a folder clipped to the RF pocket. When doing something that might require a tool but not necessarily a dedicated one (home maintenance, running a power lawnmower, or some other mechanical gadget), I change out the S2 for a Rebar, and the Manager for a Micra. When carrying a tool for “just in case” on a job or elsewhere, I substitute a Charge TTi for the folder and S2. And for anything involving cutting up foliage, a Vic One Hand Trekker takes the place of whatever else in LF pocket. Or, in any circumstance, whatever strikes my fancy at the moment.
    It just occurs to me I have a lot of stuff. :Juggle:

6. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I keep mine in my laptop bag. I leave another in my car. I rarely need either of them. If I needed to use one all the time and needed to carry it on my person, I'd use a belt sheath.

7. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I compromise by carrying a SAK (Vic Craftsman) in my pocket. I also carry a single AA cell flashlight, some strike anywhere matches, and a pen in my various pockets. Sometimes a small folding magnifying glass.

sungame likes this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I keep a business card sized fresnel lens in my wallet; also in each of my Altoid size FAK. Compact and virtually weightless at least for my purposes! My usual SAK is a Huntsman; a Streamlight Microstream rides together with a Fisher Spacepen in a leather slipcase in my LF pocket.

Great minds, etc etc!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

dmattaponi likes this.
  9. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying an original Wave in a belt sheath since they came out, and the rest of my crap loaded into the various pockets of my carpenter jeans. It works for me, but I ain't the suit and tie type, either.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  10. cole3418

cole3418 Loaded Pockets

MaiTi, xevious, Treya and 1 other person like this.
  11. Wildcat14

Wildcat14 Loaded Pockets

I carry mine in a Maxpedition TC-5 pouch. I carry a Leatherman Surge, both bit cards, saw blade and metal blade, bit extender, a Fenix LD09 light, and a spare AA battery with room for more. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet and Treya like this.
  12. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Leatherman in a backpack. No, I don't carry the backpack everywhere I go.

What else do I carry?

On me (an actual EVERYday carry):
    Kershaw Leek
    Streamlight MicroStream
    A couple keys and a clicker fob
    Zebra FrankenPen (I made it out of a 701 and 402).
    SmartPhone (the most useful thing I carry)
    Wallet with Bogota picks, Fresnel lens, 2 Bandaids, cash, hideaway cash, driving and medical insurance cards, DL, CHL, debit card, 2 credit cards, Sam's Club card

maybe a gun, maybe not. it's a secret.

Backpack:
    well, a Leatherman
    a Streamlight
    my Samsung tablet
    and the rest is secret ;)

13. TheWizardSally

TheWizardSally Loaded Pockets

I have been recently been carrying a Alot of mts because of work, I end up carrying them during the weekends becasue im so used to having them on me

Leatherman surge (Work tool) ( Left side belt carry)
    Tops Pry-Punch Tool (Work tool) ( Left side belt carry)
    Leatherman SuperTool 300 ( Work tool) ( Right side belt carry )
    Swiss Champ ( Right pocket )
    Anso Ti Card holder ( Right pocket)
    NiteCore P12 ( left pocket )
    Phone ( Left pocket )
    Key Chain : (left pocket)
    -Car fob
    -House key
    -Sog mini multi tool scissor thing

14. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I happily let a skeletool bounce about in my pocket most days with a thrunite t10, yesterday it was replaced by a lightly modded wingman and that worked too. Anything bigger than that is belt or bag for me.

15. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

Mine goes in a bag when I'm driving somewhere, or in my range bag to the range. Honestly, if I'm at home I have access to dedicated tools that work better. If I'm out somewhere I have my truck, which has a pretty solid tool kit in it and I'm covered. If I'm at work and stuff breaks, it's not my problem I just email facilities.

When I move out to some land I'll have one all the time. I like Multitools, and my tiny Leatherman once saved my :censored: by letting me take my whole rear end of the car apart after I got hit. But now I own and carry full sized tools so these kinda just sit.

16. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

My loadout changes with my lifestyle. Over decades, I have had several changes that have reflected what I have spent my time doing during those periods of my life. Most of the time these days, I carry a folder clipped to my RF pocket rear, and keys dangled in front. My cell phone is a small Tracfone that also fits into that pocket (jeans, I rarely wear anything else). LF pocket contains rear dangled Leatherman Juice S2 with wallet and money clip filling rest of the space. RR pocket holds bandana, LR paper recipes and notes. Watch pocket is for SAK Manager with Photon Freedom micro-light as fob. Unless I have a particular chore or job on a given day, these are my fallbacks. Doing yard work I will often hang a tool or two onto my belt, and that's about it.
    Mr. Excitement.

*I just noticed that I have already responded in this thread a month ago. I need to get out more often.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  17. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Personally I can't see anything other than a belt pouch for the larger multi tools, Wave, Swisstool etc, they are just too big and heavy for pocket carry especially if you already have other stuff in those pockets.

18. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Maxpedition Single Sheath (Model 1411) in horizontal mode at about 7:30 on the belt.

ATB,
    Sam

chaosmagnet and Moshe ben David like this.
  19. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

Put on a nite eyes clip for my Swiss Tool over a year ago and carry it in my front pocket.

[​IMG]

20. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

somewhat unrelated, but where did you get that holster? I've been looking for something minimalist with a metal clip and just haven't seen anything good yet.