1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your handgun permit?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by collk88, Feb 17, 2010.

1. molotov

molotov Empty Pockets

Yeah I'll second that, I even let officers know when i'm not carrying, It just seems to establish a good rapport. In michigan, if we ARE carrying, Disclosure must be the first thing out of our mouths, and must be immdiate.

The only responses I've gotten from LEO's when carrying are: "Thanks for letting me know, just don't go playing with it and we'll be fine." and "Oh yeah? what do you carry?" My response: "Sig 226 in .40 and a Ruger sp101 .357 snubbie." His: "That's better than my duty gun!" He had a Glock 17.

I'm waiting for the day that an officer wants to take temporary custody of my firearm, because he'll probably have a feild day looking through all the stuff in my 5.11 Push pack. It's all legal, but I just think he'll really get a kick out of it. Technically, without my consent, he can't search it. But it is where I carry the Sig, so I assume he'll probably look through it without asking, and it's actually sort of a legal grey area.

2. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

in my wallet

3. lexmedic157

lexmedic157 Loaded Pockets

What? No CCW badge? Pfft, silly paper! :)

I'm kidding of course, mine's stashed right next to my driver's license.

4. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

I keep mine stacked with my registration and proof of insurance in the pocket behind my DL. Makes it kinda easy to pull out together if/when I need to.

5. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

i could swear that in michigan we are required to disclose we have a permit and whether we are or are not armed.

either way, i carry mine in my wallet.

6. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

In MI you are only required to disclose if you are carrying. I would disclose either way though as they are going to see it when they run your ID. I asked my LEO buddies here in MI and they all said basically the same thing, it is appreciated that one disclose either way.

7. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

When I had my New Hampshire non-resident permit, it was just a piece of paper. I had a friend that worked at a printers laminate with the laminator they use on old matchprint. The laminate is SUPER thin and still allowed the permit to be folded and kept tucked next to my Tennessee DL and Carry Permit. Nowadays its justy my DL and Permit kept together in the slim clip.

8. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

We had the option of getting a new Drivers License with the CCW included, but I took the option for a separate card that looks alot like my drivers license. No need having every store clerk that asks to see ID knowing I'm carrying. I have a Maxpedition Spartan wallet so I carry my drivers license with my CCW stacked behind it in the ID window in front.

9. Texas

Texas Empty Pockets

Here in Texas CCW permit looks like a regular DL.
    That's where I keep it.
    Behind my Driver's license.

10. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

In VA it's just a piece of laminated paper, well I think it can vary county-to-county; but that's what mine is. Tucks in right behind my DL.

11. Japeatr

Japeatr Loaded Pockets

Amen

12. sharps_74

sharps_74 Loaded Pockets

We are issued a card that in made of some type of fiber. It holds up very well. Now as for my tax stamped paper for my suppressor that is always in my wallet, it lives inside a plastic zip lock bag. It has been in there for about four years and is still in great shape. Hope that helps

13. Alex F

Alex F Empty Pockets

VA permit, it's laminated and sits behind my drivers license.