1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your Fenix L1T?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by kdunnett, Nov 9, 2007.

1. kdunnett

kdunnett Loaded Pockets

All,

I just got my first Fenix, and its smaller then I expected! If any of you guys EDC a Fenix L1T, how do you carry it? In your pocket? Bat Belt style? With or without the included holster?

I'm looking to EDC, but can't do it on my belt... If I don't use the holster, could I keep it in my pocket without damaging it?

Thanks,
    Kris

2. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

I have the old Lux III L1T and I wear it for a year in the Fenix holster at my duty belt. No problems at all.

3. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I've carried all my 1AA Fenix in my pocket.

4. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I have the LUX version too...and it's a LF pocket carry situation for me....Love the light....

5. NutSAK

NutSAK Loaded Pockets

I carry my 1AA Fenix lights in my left rear pocket next to my wallet, on the outside. If I have cargo pants on (90% of the time), I carry it in the right thigh pocket.

I rarely ever carry a Fenix in a sheath, but I do carry a 2AA Fenix (L2P, L2D or L2T v2.0) sheathed when camping.

6. kdunnett

kdunnett Loaded Pockets

Thanks... When you pocket carry the light,is there anything else in the pockets? Do you know if the light can be in the same pocket as your keys?

Looks like i'm pocket carrying it - tried it for a day, no big issues. Though my pockets are getting full!!!

Thanks again all,
    Kris

7. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

The coating is sturdy enough to wistand some agressive meeting with key or spare change, but I chose to carry my L1D in my little Quicksilver pouch.

8. wishywashy7

wishywashy7 Empty Pockets

carry it alone in a pocket,
    the black finish marrs easily against coins and keys.
    add the lanyard as a form of insurance against loss, either by able to sort of make it a bit "bulkier/longer" making you feel it in your pocket, or actually clipped to a belt keeper. :luck:

9. kdunnett

kdunnett Loaded Pockets

Thanks again for all your advice!

Kris

10. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

I made a short lanyard for my L1T that keeps it a couple of inches off the bottom of my right front pocket when I clip it to a belt loop (I'm usually in Dockers so it works for most of my pants). This keeps it from banging into my keys.

Putting the reverse clickie tailcap on it will also make it slightly shorter and easier to pocket carry IMHO.

[​IMG]

11. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

I just keep mine in my jacket pocket, along with all the other stuff (dog treats, hankerchief, gloves when I'm not wearing them, Mil-Tec recon wrap etc.). Sometimes it takes a bit of time to find it as it gets buried under all the other stuff, but it's not that bad.

I've tried the holster that came with the light numerous times, but I always end up removing it. I just don't like having stuff on my belt, they poke me every time I sit down and chafe against my jacket when I'm wearing it.

12. LauraQ

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

I love your lanyard! Very nice work. What did you use to go through the "eyelet" on the Fenix? Paracord just doesn't fit, no matter how hard I try!

Thanks!
    Laura :)

13. oddjob

oddjob Empty Pockets

I pretty much pocket carry all my lights.

14. Donny Dont

Donny Dont Loaded Pockets

I usually carry the 2AA format in my left front pocket, standing up next to my wallet. I usually keep it in the fenix holster to protect it from scratches (so much for type III ano), but sometimes I carry it naked, the light, that is. I hardly know it's there. When I use the single AA version, I try to carry it the same way, but it is a little harder to access. I've thought about putting on a key ring, but doubt its looks would hold up. I do prefer to carry it lens up, thinking I am protecting the business end, and therefore have not used the lanyard for pocket carry.

Joe

15. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

Thanks, it's a cell phone lanyard loop. This one is a 49 strand steel cable one that I got from Jan on this forum. I'll try to find a link to that thread but with all the merging of the lanyard threads, I'm afraid it's probably buried in the "lanyards galore" thread.

-Greg

Yep... lanyards galore. Here you go.

16. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob Empty Pockets

I keep mine loose in my jacket pocket, along with a glove (the other one is in the opposite pocket!) so I'm not too worried about scratching.

17. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

I usually just pocket small lights as well. Wrist straps and short lanyards are useful here for dangling out of the pocket, so that no matter what orientation the light is sitting in your pocket it will still be easy to pull out at a moment's notice.