1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your electronics?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by LaVillaStrangiato11, Jan 21, 2018.

1. LaVillaStrangiato11

LaVillaStrangiato11 Loaded Pockets

I have been going back many pages here to see how y'all are carrying your cords, cables, powerbanks, headphones etc...

Just wondering how to go about it? I was thinking about more MaxP pouches. I already have a micro for IFAK and a mini for smaller tools and misc items. I wanted another pouch for my electronics. I keep losing them in the pack.

I am looking to store:
    - Samsung cable with wall block (personal phone)
    - iPhone cable with wall block (work phone)
    - powerbank. Going to buy the Anker PowerCore 10000. 3.6" x 2.3" x .9"
    - ear buds (I have them wrapped and tied with a bread loaf tie)
    - an extra micro usb cable (for other devices and to charge Anker).
    - cig. lighter car usb charger
    - SD cards
    - SD mini adapter card
    - spare AA and AAA batteries

I have a Samsung tablet S 10.5 and I have a bulky charger for that, but I don't EDC that in my pack. I just bring those things for away trips. Same with my laptops.

There are so many pouch options out there. Not even just tactical. I just want something not too big that takes over my pack. Doesn't even have to have crazy loops, straps, or zippered pockets inside the pouch. I tend to just have cords tied and then dump them in. Unless there is a product out there that suits my needs and has that interior organization.

Even if it's just a durable pouch with a couple dividers. Doesn't need to be crazy grid-it style or anything like that.

Thanks so much.

Last edited by LaVillaStrangiato11, Jan 21, 2018
    #1 LaVillaStrangiato11, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. aih

aih Loaded Pockets

I have a computer bag/soft briefcase with multiple pockets and compartments. I carry the cords and adapters I know I will need in that, along with laptop, small radio, alarm clock, spare light, and probably a few other items I'm forgetting right now, and that's everyday whether in the office or traveling. When travelling I pack extra cords and adapters all together in a zip up bag in my duffle, and spare batteries in battery cases in the duffle as well.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. xrayit

xrayit Loaded Pockets

I have switched over to the Hill People Gear tool roll for my electronics storage during travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

For the most part, I carry in a similar manner to @aih; meaning a soft briefcase or messenger bag. On rare occasion I may switch off to a small backpack. Regardless, I also do have some small pouches to help compartmentalize cables etc.

When I was in my peak years of business travel, my preference was a soft briefcase made by Samsonite which was designed to be unzipped and lie flat at TSA inspection; it has a 'window' so that they could see the computer was in that portion. In those days at least, there were zero issues of carrying the computer on board; nor was I generally required to boot it up.

I 'came in from the cold' so to speak some years back so I'm not really up to date on what :censored: happens at TSA these days... not sure how I'd react if I was forbidden to carry my electronics on board with me!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this.
  5. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

I have a variety of small pouches that can be taken out for use, or swapped between bags, easily. Note: airport security often want you to remove cables and other electronics from your bag. Having them in pouches makes this much quicker.

My normal load is:
    • A Tumi cord pouch that came with my briefcase is home to most of the frequently used cables, connectors, and an Anker powercore.
    • I also carry noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones (Sennheiser MM450X), which came with a soft pouch where I keep the audio cable (no BT in airplane mode), a spare battery, a short Lightning/micro-USB to USB cable, and another Anker powercore.
    Sometimes I carry a mirrorless camera (EOS-M6) in a Tenba BYOB insert, with second lens, spare battery, and a USB charger.

If I am travelling with my family, or a lot of gear myself, an Eagle Creek eTools pouch (recently discontinued) holds a 4-port USB charger, power cord*, and a selection of cables (most are dual Lightning/micro-USB). Depending on destination I include a mobile hotspot too.

Not electronics but also in briefcase:
    • Cheap pencil case with pens, ruler, post-its, markers, stapler, and a multi-tool (Gerber Dime Travel)
    • Cheap pencil case with assorted pills, plasters, spare shoe-laces, toothbrush
    • Eagle Creek quarter-cube with a change of socks and underwear in case I get an overnight delay
    *pro tip: most chargers use a "figure-8" socket. If you travelling to somewhere that uses different wall plugs buy a suitable cable when you arrive (usually only a few $ from a supermarket or hardware store). No need for another expensive adapter.

Moshe ben David and WillAdams like this.
  6. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

For EDC, I carry a GORUCK Bullet which is a 10L backpack. There's a slip pocket inside presumably for a hydration bladder (although I'm not sure a full bladder would fit in it), and my 10 inch Samsung tablet with keyboard case fits in this with padding to the rear and bottom. Chargers are rolled up and carried in the mesh pocket of the GORUCK with an Anker power bank. In the backpack, I have a small case (a bit smaller than a deck of cards) purchased on Amazon that holds flash drives, SD card adapter, and earphones. I'm in mental health so although I use a computer for electronic health records and send electronic prescriptions, I don't live and die by a computer like many other office workers. I don't have any need to check frequent emails, spreadsheets, etc.

Mostly, I carry my tablet to play with at Starbucks. In reality, I have no "need" to carry any electronic media with my EDC bag. With air travel, I carry only my smartphone and Kindle Paperwhite.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. LaVillaStrangiato11

LaVillaStrangiato11 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the ideas guys! I haven't decided yet, but hope so soon.

8. Stepnoi

Stepnoi Empty Pockets

Got this pouch from AliExpress, replica of Maxpedition for a few bucks...[​IMG]

9. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

Both phones in my front right pocket, sometimes in my jacket pocket. Laptop and iPad go in the bag...

98% of my travels during the day I do in my own car, where I have two QI chargers for my iPhone 6s and 6s+. I think I have one lightning cable in my laptop bag for true emergency.
    Basically when I drive from customer site to another, my phones charge almost to full every time.

Instead of carrying a separate wall plug for all of your devices, get one of these AUKEY chargers:
    [​IMG]
    I bought two models from Amazon that don't plug straight into wall socket but have a cord instead. I think those have 5 USB plugs each. Altough I use them currently at home to keep my devices charged. Likewise I found a decent 12V charger from Amazon that can charge thee usb devices at once and I've tested it to be true.

10. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Everybody's different, but if that's my list, the first thing I'm doing is crossing the AC and DC chargers off the list entirely. That's more of a "home base" thing by my thinking. The reason you're carrying the powerbank battery in the first place. One is none, two is one. Three? Three is dead weight.

If I'm flying or on the road for more than a day, then yeah, I'm going heavy with chargers.

The USB cables stay attached to the powerbank with my system.

11. cole3418

cole3418 Loaded Pockets

Moshe ben David and ran23 like this.
  12. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I like the BUSB organisers. It keeps the cables separated and well organised.

If I'm only taking a few things, I'll Wrap them in cable tidies and put them in one of the cheap pouches I got an Amazon but there's no organisation.

13. Begungrain7

Begungrain7 Loaded Pockets

I just always use a maxped edc organizer for electronics

14. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I put my cables and headsets in little zip lock bags that are about 3x4 inches. Then I put them in a Spec Ops Pack Rat organizer or move them around as needed to my other bags. I toss other small items and electronics in, too.

It keeps them clean, dry and tangle-free.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

#14 adnj, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  15. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

If I'm not mistaken, the Pack Rat photo, above, shows a very old Compaq PDA (from before the days of smart phones)!. LOL! you can tell by the large IR window at the center-top. I actually owned one many years ago

16. tmgplc

tmgplc Loaded Pockets

Check out Bond Travel Gear. Awesome organizer and Vet owned, US made products.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. DSRacing

DSRacing Loaded Pockets

I use the Maxpedition EDC organizer to carry my assorted charging cables, flash drives and small tools. When I fly, the MT and prying tools are removed and I can add two two power banks, 6 to 8 charging cables and a wall charger.

[​IMG]

#17 DSRacing, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

BMB padded zipper gadget bag then into a maxpedition remora

19. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

I've been wanting one of those, but they've been out of stock for a couple of months, on their website and Amazon.

tmgplc likes this.
  20. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Same here.