1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your Atwood?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by DavidBinGA, Apr 5, 2009.

1. DavidBinGA

DavidBinGA Empty Pockets

I am new to Atwood tools and now have a gasbaby and a ringthing, I was wondering what carry method you folks use.

2. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

Keychain for an atwrench - which is the most useful tool for me.

I also carry a ringthing. I used the existing chicago screws on a magazine pouch to safely carry it behind my spare magazine.

I am sure keychain carry is probably the most popular. With the recent release of the SuperBug there are now 18 atwood carriers at my place of employment (mostly atwrenches). This may be the highest geographical concentration of individual owners outside of Turners Falls :laugh:.While I see them all every week there are two times a year in a more formal way the Department gets together. One of them is at the beginning of next month.

I am going to try and collect all the key chains at once on a table and take a picture.

3. rhysman1

rhysman1 Empty Pockets

:worthless:

4. DonShock

DonShock Loaded Pockets

I carry my GasBaby on a necklace in a kydex sheath. Here's a pix as requested.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/DonShock/100_1198.jpg[/img]

I just got my Ti ruler. I've been considering ways to carry both in a single sheath. But I haven't actually tried any of the ideas yet. I've got a couple more Ti items on the way and once I have everything, I'll look at redoing everything.

5. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

Wow ... very nice!

6. ylamonA

ylamonA Loaded Pockets

NOW that is one AWESOME looking sheath!!! That is something that I would actually buy for my Atwoods!!

Have you made sheaths for any other Atwood tools?

7. rhysman1

rhysman1 Empty Pockets

Wow thanks, Is the gas baby designed for Oxygen bottles?, looks similar to a regulator key I have

8. DonShock

DonShock Loaded Pockets

I did a G3 prybaby sheath for a member once. I never did hear back if he recieved it or how it performed. And I did some chopstick holders for someone else. But mostly, just items for myself. It took about 3-4 versions on this one before I was happy. I gave away the earlier versions.

And yes, the Gasbaby is designed for O2 bottles. It has cutouts for O2, acetlyne, 1/4" hex, and 3/8" hex in the bottle opener area.

9. DpM

DpM Loaded Pockets

I have a G3 Prybaby with a shortened lanyard on my keychain and a Glo-Whistle on a ball chain around my neck. Any other Atwood I'm carrying for the day just slips into the pocket.
    Donshock-- that really is one of the best Atwood sheaths ever!

10. rhysman1

rhysman1 Empty Pockets

Thanks DonShock

11. workswellwithothers

workswellwithothers Empty Pockets

The sheath looks very well thought out!

12. Enkidu
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

I only own 2 Atwoods sofar, but this is how I carry them :)

[​IMG]

( It's the middle pocket of the MaxPed "Triad")

13. attorneyadrian

attorneyadrian Loaded Pockets

Area 51 Keyton on a leather cord around my neck
    Blue Ti Gasbaby in wallet.
    Fancy v-notch Atwrench on my keychain.
    Sometimes the Ti ruler on a strap on my wrist, I use it like a worrystone.

14. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

Wildcard in the custom kydex sheath I got when I bought it from LZ. Whistle, atwrench, and superbug on my key chain.

15. mirek

mirek Loaded Pockets

I have carried a RingThing in the coin pocket of my jeans without ballchain. It perfectly seats there, and never dropped out even when I am squatting. Nevertheless, I felt a little bit of uncertainty all the time - nobody wanna lose the Atwood! It was also impossible to take out the RingThing with one hand - only with the sheath.
    So I decided to put back the ballchain which I shortened and twisted around my belt. The length of the ballchain allows to settle the sheath just into the corner of the coin pocket, not more. Now I can quickly draw the RingThing in an emergency case. The RingThing is almost concealed in the combination with the cell phone holster. Look at the pictures - they are better than my English.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S. Of course, this isn't the only Atwood which I carry :winkwink:

16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I keep a keyton, and titanium whistle on my keychain, and a snakes skin Prybaby in my thin money wallet. Some of my other Atwood tools live in a jacket, and others I drop into my pocket.

17. thewayofthegun1

thewayofthegun1 Loaded Pockets

I carry a Ti Gasbaby in my wallet and an edged tool (I rotate between sharktooth, ringthing & SOPT) around my neck with a ballchain cut to my preferred length.

18. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

19. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Other than the one on my key ring, I have found these two solutions.

[​IMG]
    The Chrome Pacer jacket is ideal for a light weight, titanium tool. Order one size up.

[​IMG]
    This Case Logic USB drive case is clipped to a D-ring in my Ranger Hoodie.

[​IMG]
    There is a pocket on each side so two tools may be carried.

20. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I carry Atwoods everywhere! today:

[img width=640 height=480]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/796/img0310se.jpg[/img]

Spec Ops organizer has a Ti ruler and a flat rainbow gasbaby on the key keeper

[img width=640 height=480]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7327/img0309o.jpg[/img]

I made a sheath for my urban wallet and one of the slots I sized for an atwrench. I keep it to the zipper side so I can grab the lanyard and yank it out

[img width=640 height=480]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1502/sany0091h.jpg[/img]

Current keychain tool is a LH mini plus on a McGizmo clip so I can change it out.

I recently started putting a mission wallet setup together and a ABC card is going in the front pocket