1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Carry Spare Batteries?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Paracord Junky, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Paracord Junky

Paracord Junky Loaded Pockets

A decent light is a common denominator around here, and I've seen some neat and creative ways of carrying them, but not as much about the batteries.
    I usually just wrap a few in a rubber band and too em in my bag, works for me.
    If you carry extra batteries, how do you do it?

2. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

Well I have have a spare battery for my keychain light occasionally AAA or more usually Li 10280 in the maxpedition label loop of my slightly modded 3x5 notebook cover. I added a small stitch so it's a snug fit.

3. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

already a thread here

4. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I have a plastic box that came free with some rechargeable batteries I bought form All battery The box hold 4 AA and is about the size of 4 AAs side by side

5. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

My spare cells always go in whichever Pelican Micro-Case I happen to be EDC'ing that day.

This way the batteries NEVER short out against anything or even touch anything except the rubber insulation on the top & bottom.

These are just two random examples of the larger lights that go into the cases; but the battery configuration is the same for all the lights that get carried.

If it's a 2 x CR123 or 18650 light I prefer taking CR123 primaries since these are the same cells that most of my smaller EDC flashlights take. But if it's 18650 only then I have a case with cutouts for those larger cells.

Pelican 1040 Micro-Case & spare CR123's
    [​IMG]

Pelican 1060 Micro-Case & Spare 18650's
    [​IMG]

I've been considering getting a Maxpedition Volta but don't know if I will ever need that many batteries to justify the extra weight.

6. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

ToolsAviation PowerPax.

7. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I don't carry spare batteries, but I do carry two spare lights.

8. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

Alright!

Those are very similar to the ones County Comm sells but doesn't ship to my location.

9. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

Keep2Go tubes.

10. jggonzalez

jggonzalez Loaded Pockets

I found some black nylon belt pouches on eBay. One carries 2 CR123 batteries and the other carries 4 AA batteries.

11. TrailDemon

TrailDemon Loaded Pockets

i wish i could order from county comm. they have some nice battery carriers.
    too bad they wont deliver to canada. :(

12. InMused

InMused Loaded Pockets

Everything I carry runs on the same battery type (AA) to save carrying multiple batteries. I carry 2xAA in a duct tape parcel for the off chance that I need them. Light and dispensable. I also have a few plastic boxes designed for 4xAA or 4xAAA units. I tend to use them in my Household BOB.

13. jumpin jack flash

jumpin jack flash Empty Pockets

I carry a AAA Fenix LOD-CE Q4 for my EDC flashlight. I keep a single AAA backup battery in a chapstick tube, which is very comfortable and familiar since I've carried chapstick in my pocket for many years. I really don't have much need to carry more than one backup battery since they are Eneloops, and I can recharge as often as I like.

14. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

I've been in the same situation since I found CC...As for the battery carriers; try a Google search for the Power Pax carriers that Carrot posted...

I already ordered a pair for myself. They look to be nearly identical.

15. Enkidu
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

A little offtopic, but www.endtimesreport.com sells some of the stuff from CC, and does ship outside US of A.

Ontopic; I ordered several (Alu) pill fobs from goinggear.com, if you look in the capsule section, you find versions made to store single AA, AAA and CR123's and some other sizes as well...

16. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I use Aviation Tools PowerPax too. They have some great combo packs too. One they don't make but I would like to see is a AA/CR123 Combo.

17. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

I used to use tha Surefire spares carriers, but found them a bit heavy and since all my EDC lights are LED based I have no need to have the extra room for a spare bulb.

Most of my EDC flashlights use CR123's and 18650's.
    I found a small black plastic tube that holds 7 X CR123's perfectly. I capped both ends with orange rubbep caps.
    It's long and slender and fits in the Falcon II great.
    For the 18650's I use a small zip case meant for an MP3 player. I can fit 3 X 18650's in it with an additional 2 X CR123's on top of them sideways.

18. kenshomi

kenshomi Loaded Pockets

I made a custom kydex carrier for my 123's and AA's. about half the size of a pack of smokes. one end is against the kydex so I don't have to worry about covering both ends.

19. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Loaded Pockets

I carry two CR123's wrapped up in electrical tape.

20. Viper715

Viper715 Loaded Pockets

A keep a few in a otterbox and then I have a few in a custom light holder with a saddle bag underneath for the batteries.