1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do you carry like that?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Jabez Branderham, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I figure at least 90% of the time my knife is clipped into my RF pocket. I also carry my money clip and a change pouch in that pocket. This is when I'm wearing jeans -- which in my case are usually with pretty large pockets. Me not exactly being a svelte guy you see. LOL.

None of my knives are particularly wide in the handle. A couple of them are a bit on the long side; these might be carried in the RB pocket.

I also have a couple which I'll opt to carry in a belt sheath. When I do that, the SAK which usually rides in a belt sheath takes up position in the RF pocket on a P7 dangler.

All of the above is when I'm wearing jeans. My carry on suit days is different anyway, so none of this would apply then.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

I usually carry a fixed blade of some sort. That's because I need it for work purposes. When it comes to pocket organization I'm kind of ocd. Everything has to be in the same pocket

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

3. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

Left front pocket, sometimes clipped or right front pocket not clipped are my normal choices

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

4. irl314

irl314 Loaded Pockets

If you're wearing jeans, I find that the small fifth pocket in the front right can hold most folders, and phone extraction is not a problem.

5. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Used to carry in left front pocket, but that's where I carry my iPhone. Switched to IWB, better concealment and retention. Untucked shirt means no exposed pocket clips.

[​IMG]

Sent from my  iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

ThirstyTurtle and Mark_Trail like this.
  6. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I usually don't carry anything else in my knife pocket.

7. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a pair of 5.11 defender flex slim pants.
    Look forward to trying them, and see if it can improve pocket organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethos likes this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

'...most folders...'? That's an incredibly broad range of sizes... or your fifth pocket in your jeans is incredibly large?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

0880 likes this.
  9. irl314

irl314 Loaded Pockets

I should have clarified, I carry the Kershaw shuffle 2, which is just under an inch and a half at the widest point, and it leaves more than enough wiggle room to put my thumb in to draw the knife.

10. Trigger's broom

Trigger's broom Loaded Pockets

Personally I've never used the pocket clip on any knife as a clip, the only reason i don't take them off is they're useful for extra purchase when opening & closing. Each to their own etc.

el_murdoque likes this.
  11. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I'm blessed to have come of age before the fashion monstrosity popularly known as "skinny jeans" became a part of the mainstream, so I've never really found it to be much of a problem to carry a clip-it knife on a front pocket in a pair of Levi, Dockers, Cargos, or any other kind of "men's" (big boy) pants ;-) .

Now my problem has been losing my clip-its in public restrooms (I assume), as I've had to replace 3 Spyderco Delicas in recent years when I've come home at the end of the day to find my knife missing from my pants.

Ethos likes this.
  12. Jabez Branderham

Jabez Branderham Loaded Pockets

Uh, me too. I thought skinny jeans were skinny on the legs, so I'm not sure that would affect anything.

Mainly, I wear carpenter jeans, or khakis. I think they're fairly loose, as trousers go.

That's another problem with clipping things to the top of the pocket - it seems they'd be more likely to come out.

dmattaponi likes this.
  13. Jabez Branderham

On some knives, I've found that to be true, but some are better without. I've been known to leave clips in place just to help me know which direction it's facing in my pocket.

Last edited by Jabez Branderham, Jun 27, 2017
    #33 Jabez Branderham, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Trigger's broom likes this.
  14. Jabez Branderham

I didn't know Carlos Danger was on this board.

Jackhawk9000 and ballistic like this.
  15. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I pocket carry most knives , left side . Why ? Seecamp is in my right pocket . But cliped knives are prone to wear the pants and your hand . My grandfather always liked a round and smooth knife for a reason . They dont wear wear things out .

Jake

Jabez Branderham likes this.
  16. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

It's a Benchmade and I'm not happy to see you.

17. Jabez Branderham

Well-played.

ballistic likes this.
  18. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I keep my knife in the front right pocket, along with lighter and cigarettes, sometimes car keys. It's sometimes hard to reach stuff but I manage.

19. Trout Sniper

Trout Sniper Uber Prepared

LM Micra and tools on keychain on leftside....but long enough for Micro to be in left back pocket. LM Supertool in belt pouch on right side with either LM Skeletool, Kershaw Shuffle II or CRKT in front right pocket. Wallet(Bank Card, Medical and shop cards and notes) right back pocket and coins in front left. Messenger bag always near....with some other EDC such as meds, LM Surge, CRKT, Led Lenser MT10, Tablet and some other items...

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

20. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

I only wear pants & shorts that offer me additional utility pockets outside of the norm. Having extra places to put things removes the issue of pocket overpopulation and/or access restriction :) Also, I've never had a problem with retention and never lost an item from any one of my pockets. I go into detail about it in another thread that is quite relevant to this one, but essentially, the type of pants/shorts I wear afford me the adequate space necessary for all the things I've deemed indispensable through my EDC evolution.

severdhed likes this.