1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How do all of you commute to work and other places

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Vartz04, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

The more I think about an EDC bag the more I think that is stuff I can just leave in my pickup. I am wondering if most of you take public transportation and that is your need for having all of that stuff in a bag? I have a bunch of stuff I need for work or when I travel but normal life the pockets seem to do it. Even work I could get by with a tablet sleeve and a pocket organizer if I had to.

2. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

I think you are over-focussing on the word "carry". To me, the point of EDC is ensuring that you have what you might need to hand. Whether that is in your pockets, a truck, or anywhere else, seems to me to be a bit irrelevant, except where how it will be carried is itself a constraint.

For example, I travel a lot for work, usually by air, occasionally by train, and rarely by car, on trips that vary from a few days to a few weeks. So, anything that I might need, has to go in a bag, and should be carry-on friendly.

Last edited by T Shrapnel-Carruthers, Feb 17, 2018
    #2 T Shrapnel-Carruthers, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

Where I live public transportation is limited so one almost always drive.
    I carry what I need to get to my truck. My truck has what I need to get home.
    That's my view.

Lateck,

MCPOWoller likes this.
  4. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Mostly I walk down a flight of stairs down to my mini office (trousers optional ;)) but if I'm out and about a big van is used most of the time. My bag will cover my needs that day plus a night out if required. The van has a few bits stuffed away too.

5. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I drive one of my vehicles so, yes, I leave preparedness stuff in them. I carry an EDC bag into the office frequently because my tablet and related accessories are in it, but I don't use my tablet professionally. It's more for uncensored screwing off.

6. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I drive my car.

7. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Can't beat using a motorcycle to commute to work, only time I won't use mine is if it's snowing. Yes carrying capacity can be limited compared to a car/truck but I can get by on a touring bike with top box and panniers.

anjin and Durandal64 like this.
  8. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

I'm lucky enough to be able to walk the 3 blocks to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

9. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets

I drive to work. I have a few edc essentials in my pocket--flashlight, small knife, LM Style PS, whistle, keychain pen, Nite Ize Dohickey. In my backpack I have a trauma kit, headlamp, N95 mask, earplugs, gum, hand sanitizer, and some office tools (pens, portfolio, iPad Mini, portable hard drive, and other things that I need for work. In the car I have a full medical bag, a car emergency bag (tools, flares, tire inflator, etc.) and a get home bag (fire kit, shelter kit, blanket, small FA kit, some tools, cooking kit, some water packets and food bars, etc.) So I keep some things in my pocket that I can always use for everyday stuff, have some things in the backpack that might take care of some out of the ordinary things (building evacuation, trauma, etc) and have stuff in the car that can help me get home.

anjin likes this.
  10. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Train or Uber. All my EDC that isn't in my pockets goes in my GoRuck GR1. I have to carry a lot of stuff with me for work, and more often than not I am out of the office anyway.

11. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

anjin likes this.
  12. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

I commute by car, it also is my preferred getting about method. Frankly, only biking gives similar positive vibes. I travel by air a bit for work but only use trains/subway/taxis as getting to and back city from destination airport

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I drive my truck to and from work. Everything I could possibly need is in the truck.

I avoid public transportation like the plague, the only form I'll use is airlines if I have to.

14. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I ride share in the late fall to mid spring in Washington. Then it's the a stripped down rat-style motorcycle the rest of the year so everything I'm gonna need goes with me in my bag. Also my truck gets 13mpg on a good day vs. my ride share's 30 or my motorcycle's 70mpg.

15. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Being basically retired, I don't do much commuting. But even when I did it was all by car once I escaped from NYC!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

16. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I live in Ca unfortunally and have to drive a lot since everything is so far apart. I love what I drive though, 2016 wrangler rubicon 4 door.
    I average 30,000 miles a year, so I do keep my edc bag in there, bike locked and zippers are luggage locked, I know it won't prevent theft but it will make them take more time!

I have a goruck echo for my tools, gr1 for my chef tools, and sd25 for my clothes and random stuff.

My pockets are mostly empty, just phone wallet knife and keys.

17. JeremyV

JeremyV Loaded Pockets

I drive a 2014 VW Jetta to work but my lease is almost up. Then I’ll be getting myself a truck. And all other times I drive my wife’s Jeep Cherokee! Not a bad little car. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_Trail likes this.
  18. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your input guys. Makes a lot more sense.

19. Sharaz_Jek

Sharaz_Jek Loaded Pockets

When I'm in Alaska, I walk to work. When I'm back home, in PA, I Jeep it.

[​IMG]

Mark_Trail likes this.
  20. Captdave13

Captdave13 Loaded Pockets

My ride to work most days.
    [​IMG].jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk