1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

How did you use your flashlight today?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by david57strat, Jan 24, 2015.

1. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

The proper response to this is, "how many purses/shoes do you need?"

Might want to duck afterwards, though.

2. Sonorum

Sonorum Loaded Pockets

Yeah, that would be Pandoras box of drama. You can't win an argument with your partner!

iacchus likes this.
  3. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

ha! very true.

Sometimes you can get a draw, though.

4. zestyalpaca

zestyalpaca Loaded Pockets

She's already starting to "see the light" so to speak. I've been trying to put together a little keychain edc for her and she's finally willing to carry it (after borrowing my SAK, light, etc. many times). I think this was the last thing she needed to push her over the edge. The ti3 will probably end up on her keychain after I pick up something new. Still can't over-indulge, but I think I have a little more leeway now...

5. zestyalpaca

zestyalpaca Loaded Pockets

I've made this mistake once before! Didn't duck quick enough :cry:

iacchus likes this.
  6. Strayz

Strayz Loaded Pockets

There are no Draws, only losses and big losses. Pick and choose your place to battle. I highly recommend the separate checking accounts every month allowance to avoid these kind of battles.

I like this system, I get toys and the wife gets to go to Conventions.... (She takes me to those as well, so it is a win win for me.)

iacchus likes this.
  7. JoeLiberty

JoeLiberty Loaded Pockets

Here's a use of an EDC light that was surprisingly effective...
    The wife and I went to a concert recently. Got there early enough to be near the front. The place got packed pretty quick. Shoulder to shoulder with lots of folks and we couldn't hardly move. Not exactly my scene. So when she informed me that it was time to go, I was ready. I took my lanyard (attached to my keys) and placed it around my neck. Grabbed the pocket torch in one hand. Grabbed her wrist with the other. Shining that light around (~280 lm), combined with an authoritative "Excuse me, make a hole, please. Step out of the way, sir", people were suddenly VERY accommodating. Interesting social phenomenon: If you have a tucked in shirt with a lanyard around your neck, people assume you are an employee of whatever establishment you happen to be standing in. If you also have a flashlight, you are obviously security. :cool:

Sonorum, chaosmagnet and woolfam like this.
  8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Used my NC MT10C every night since Saturday checking for skunks and "landmines" while taking care of my friends' dogs.

JoeLiberty likes this.
  9. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

We went to a haunted attraction tonight and was gonna try that but they didn't allow flashlights...they even spotted the tiny one on my keys.

10. Royshamir

Royshamir Empty Pockets

As a part of my job in the army I work on all of the radio systems in the trucks and armored vehicles.
    And when I need to fix something in the night it makes a huge different, or when I need to find the hole that some cables go into so I can put the gps antena from the outside I put my innova xs flashlight inside the hole and then the hole just shine from the other side, save me almost an hour in the dark.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Last Weekend I had to set this up in different places in the middle of now where at 5 in the morning.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I used the Fenix HL50 and ZL SC52 that I always carry anyway to get the job done.
    An assist was provided by the Olight S1 stuck with the magnet on the side of the tower mount to illuminate the tower once we got it into the air to make sure it was straight and to assist in aiming the UHF beam!

Good Times,just myself,my helper and many Bull Frogs!

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  12. spectre007

spectre007 Loaded Pockets

Last time i used a flashlight was to see what all the noise was in my backyard. I come to find a possom fighting a female cat protecting her cubs.